Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ikaguia ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded won't fire when an agent is hit. I think the wounded part of the name is from single player, when you make someone unconscious by 'killing' him with a blunt weapon. ti_on_agent_hit is the trigger for what are you looking for.

For the presentation...idk much about them so I don't know the problem...Have you tried removing all admin options and leave only 1?(to see if is still the same)

Hey guys, first of all thanks for the help, you all made my life easier and my work progress a lot, so I thank you.

Now, I have another problem. I want to make a(or some) new quest, of the most easy kind, find that, kill this etc. I followed so far this very old tutorial(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53259.0.html, which doesn't help at all in Warband(well some parts are the same and very easy to adjust to) and it seems like the quest "template" didn't work even in the original Mount and Blade. So, I wanted to ask if anyone can help. I didn't find an newer/better tutorial, but whatever you can say it will help, really.

Thanks!

Antonis said:
Hey guys, first of all thanks for the help, you all made my life easier and my work progress a lot, so I thank you.

Now, I have another problem. I want to make a(or some) new quest, of the most easy kind, find that, kill this etc. I followed so far this very old tutorial(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53259.0.html, which doesn't help at all in Warband(well some parts are the same and very easy to adjust to) and it seems like the quest "template" didn't work even in the original Mount and Blade. So, I wanted to ask if anyone can help. I didn't find an newer/better tutorial, but whatever you can say it will help, really.

Thanks!

I haven't really dealt with quests, but have you tried looking for the "find the criminal" (or whatever its called) quest? The one where a Lord assigns it to you and you have to find the Nervous Man in a village and confront him. That is very similar to the quest you're trying to create.

Like I said, I haven't dealt with quests, so I'm not sure where to find it in the Module System.

Thanks, I could find the quest in quests.py, perhaps the dialogs or the strings for it, but I wanted to ask about the scripts, if I need to add anything else etc. Anything that can help me "port" this tutorial to Warband(since it's written for vanilla M&B).

Alright. I am not animation guy(Yet.), so I have a very newb question. I cannot seem to make an animation work, it is a stand animation. The logic of the code works thanks to debug messages however animation just doesn't play, no matter what I tried. Am I using the agent_set_animation wrong somehow?

Code is getting the player agent data, checks alive(etc...) and then I do agent set animation. And, it just doesn't play it. What else should I do?

I have a question with regards to inventory slots. I have read that there are presumably 96 inventory slots. But I do not get why. There are 30 base inventory slots with inv management 0. There are 10 equipment slots (0-9, 0-3 = weapons, 4 = head, 5 = body, 6 = foot, 7 = gloves, 8 = horse, 9 = deprecated (former food slot). These are 40 slots. Now you should get for each level of inv management 6 additional slots and the skill is capped at level 10. That earns another 6 times 10 slots if maxed which would give us 60 slots, all in all 100 slots. These are 4 more than there should be according to what I have read and seen elsewhere. If the the deprecated slot would no be counted we would have 99 slots, still 3 too many. If we were to discount all equipment slots, there would be only 90 slots, 6 less than there are supposed to be. Now if the 96 slots are only meant to be the unequipped slots, that would mean a basis of 30 slots and then 66 slots, which would mean an actual cap for inv management at level 11, not 10. I am throughly confused. Can somebody please help me out here? Any hint is appreciated.

EDIT: An additional question: Is there a truncate operation? I could not found anything in the header operations which is describe as truncate a division?

The_dragon said:
@Belendor would this work for you?
Code:
agent_set_stand_animation              = 1741   # (agent_set_stand_action, <agent_id>, <anim_id>),

Didn't test that one. The line for the new animation is below the standard native animation, perhaps thats why?

Note: By the way, animation plays just fine in BRF preview.

fladin said:
Quick question :
Is it possible to add new culture' music flags ? (eg mtf_culture_7...)
Nope, you can override the default music system which uses 6 cultures to have it be based on some other in-game variable - TLD does this pretty well.
Belendor said:
Didn't test that one. The line for the new animation is below the standard native animation, perhaps thats why?

Note: By the way, animation plays just fine in BRF preview.
Did you use all three operations (stand, play, progress)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom