Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be done, i suppose (i get the impression that hardcoded stuff is just the module system, but hidden inside the .exe) but would require a bit of knowledge of obscure and annoying computational maths. The code involved could stretch out pretty far given that warband doesn't handle lists well.

...Unless (S)omebody points out that there's some kind of sorting operation hidden somewhere, and I'm an idiot.

jacobhinds said:
(i get the impression that hardcoded stuff is just the module system, but hidden inside the .exe)

No.

That screen (notes>characters) is handled by the game base language (c++ I believe; I read this months ago somewhere..(if i remember correctly)). The only way to modify that is to modify the exe (or do some hacky programs like WSE).

If you really really want to do such a sorting system then:
1. get version 1.153
2. get WSE
3. install WSE
4. have fun with new operations

Bit of a social question than a modding question (but still modding related), but I didn't want to make a thread just for this.

Does any of the old-timey modders have reliable contact with Yoshiboy? And if so, can you tell him to check his PMs here?

Thanks for responding Lav.

I've got a problem that seems to only effect my players (I haven't encountered this issue myself), the problem in question is kingdom vassals and lords not leaving their fiefdoms to fight. I only know of one thing that can cause this glitch, TweakMB, but I'm wondering if there's another cause, and a fix.

Will 0 ever be a valid overlay id?

Apparently, 0 can be an overlay id

New Question: Is there an easy way to get the ammo item_id of the currently used item? (1-3 operations?) Or am I going to have to write a script that checks the ammo of each slot?

I want to shoot bullets will release the smoke, just as in the Napoleonic war rocket firing bullets flying when it releases smoke, I had one bik psys_ammo_smoke but I do not write code in module_scripts, with the command ": ___"  (Such as ": collision_type")  for the bullets themselves do  release smoke, i dont know ,please help me  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :razz:

Add them an item trigger with ti_on_missile_hit.
["cartridges","Cartridges", [("cartridge_a",0)], itp_type_bullets|itp_merchandise|itp_can_penetrate_shield|itp_default_ammo, 0, 41,weight(2.25)|abundance(90)|weapon_length(3)|thrust_damage(1,pierce)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_missile,  [
(ti_on_missile_hit,
  [(particle_system_burst, "psys_ammo_smoke", pos1, 15),
  ])]],

Dusk Voyager said:
Add them an item trigger with ti_on_missile_hit.
["cartridges","Cartridges", [("cartridge_a",0)], itp_type_bullets|itp_merchandise|itp_can_penetrate_shield|itp_default_ammo, 0, 41,weight(2.25)|abundance(90)|weapon_length(3)|thrust_damage(1,pierce)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_missile,  [
(ti_on_missile_hit,
  [(particle_system_burst, "psys_ammo_smoke", pos1, 15),
  ])]],

thank you, but it is only done when a collision with earth psys_ammo_smoke :v, i want it to release smoke when flying ,sorry to bother you

MadocComadrin said:
Does agent_equip/unequip_item sync across the network for armors? I don't remember.

I remember that Vornne said long time ago that they are not synced.

HungKnight said:
thank you, but it is only done when a collision with earth psys_ammo_smoke :v, i want it to release smoke when flying ,sorry to bother you

You don't have a direct way to make such a thing. You can achieve that using WSE or by making a very long script that requires math (basically you calculate every x frames the position of the smoke, based on the initial position of the gun when it fired the bullet).

What numbers correspond to which times for scene_set_day_time? They should just be 0-23, like on a 24-hour clock, but 0 is giving me midday.
Nope, something else was just overriding the time of day.

Also, still these two:
Also, is it safe/are you able to access scene prop instances in ti_before_mission_start?

The_dragon said:
MadocComadrin said:
Does agent_equip/unequip_item sync across the network for armors? I don't remember.

I remember that Vornne said long time ago that they are not synced.
I remember that too, but part of me thinks there was a patch that changed it.

MadocComadrin said:
Also, still these two:
Also, is it safe/are you able to access scene prop instances in ti_before_mission_start?

I know that in 27 days gamemode I got crashes when I wanted to spawn an item in that trigger, so the answer should be no.
Use ti_after_mission_start instead of ti_before_mission_start for scene props and agents.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a way to detect if the player is resting in a town/castle/village. I've tried using (party_is_in_any_town,"p_main_party"), but this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

ChiefNinja2 said:
Hi guys, I'm looking for a way to detect if the player is resting in a town/castle/village. I've tried using (party_is_in_any_town,"p_main_party"), but this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
When player is resting in a center, some specific globals are set which can be detected. Namely, "$g_town_visit_after_rest" will always be set to 1 when player starts resting and reset back to 0 when rest is finished or interrupted. Variable "$auto_enter_town" will contain the party_id of the town/castle/village that player is resting in.

MadocComadrin said:
I remember that too, but part of me thinks there was a patch that changed it.
No: running the agent_equip_item only on the server just affects combat calculations, but for other players to see the visual armor mesh, a network message is still necessary. I wrote some basic example code here, or you could look into the public PW code for a more complete (and much more complicated) version.

MadocComadrin said:
Thanks.

New Question! Is there a fix for glowing plants or an OSP (PL maybe?) that changes them so that they don't glow?
Yeah, just see use the shaders used for other plants (look in brfs), and that should fix it :smile:

how can i make an "check for the town is conquered".Because,im making a rebellion system.I wanna to make "conquer and set a new faction.so,the game can be more difficult for AI :grin:.this feature is will be available for player." but i need check the player's faction is founded.if it not,they will not triggered.If it happened,they will spawn in my one of property.

okay.How can i check the town-castle is conquered ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom