Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have troops with firearms, as in technical firearms with the firearm flag and not crossbow.

So, heres the deal:
When the troops are on the battlefield, they are not actually realising they are carrying a long range weapon, and they do not respond properly to "hold your fire" and "fire at will" commands. In short, they think they are holding a melee weapon, until the enemy is close.
They are using the gun properly, but they do not know that it actually is a gun!

So here is what I would like to know:
How can I make the troops behave with a firearm like they are behaving with a bow or crossbow?

Thank you in advance

Firearms in warband are pretty bugged. Make them into crossbows, ans if you want to have actual crossbows alongside the guns, delete the sound for crossbows and add a trigger for each weapon: i.e. [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound), "snd_gun"])].
The only issue would be the sharing of ammo, but only the player would ever be in a position to do that.

That is a great suggestion, though not quite what I would prefer :smile:

I will see what I can come up with myself though, maybe there is a way I can use button press triggers to follow the player commands (behind the scenes simulate the command panel thing) with a check on the selected group and the group they belong to... Not sure, though it might work if the required things are available, or just do some python if possible.

The Dark Robin said:
Well, I finally fixed the hitboxes for my trolls, but now, when dead, they start having seizures. Humans are fine, though, as well as anything using the human skeleton. What can I do to fix this?
Can I have a video or an image to get an idea of what is happening.

I have a problem. For testing purposes, I decided, using Morgh's tool, to add a new crossbow through the Siege Crossbow template and then use it as a base for a musket by adding the gun sound trigger to it and then later edit it as a text file to add all the other muskety stuff (or is that a horribly wrong thing to do?). Anyway, here's what I got while creating the module:

Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_items.py", line 72, in <module>
    write_items(variables,variable_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)
  File "process_items.py", line 55, in write_items
    save_simple_triggers(ofile,trigger_list, variable_list,variable_uses,tag_use
s,quick_strings)
  File "C:\Users\Damjan\Documents\mb_warband_module_system_1158\Module_system 1.
158\process_operations.py", line 471, in save_simple_triggers
    save_statement_block(ofile,0,1,trigger[1]  , variable_list, variable_uses,ta
g_uses,quick_strings)
158\process_operations.py", line 449, in save_statement_block
    save_statement(ofile,opcode,no_variables,statement,variable_list,variable_us
es,local_vars, local_var_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)
158\process_operations.py", line 398, in save_statement
    ofile.write("%d %d "%(opcode, lenstatement))
TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not str
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

I'm guessing that it's not possible to "import" already existing files into a module system?

And I copied the precise trigger that Jacob showed earlier.

Doomjoon said:
I'm guessing that it's not possible to "import" already existing files into a module system?

And I copied the precise trigger that Jacob showed earlier.

He misspelled the ')'
[(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound), "snd_gun"])]

put it so it will be after "snd_gun"
[(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound, "snd_gun")])]

Where are the quick battle faction thumbnails taken from? As far as I can see it is the highest tier faction troop that is represented in the thumbnail, but that is only for the first 6 Native factions, after that, the thumbnail is just a character with leather armor and some javelins... For the next 7 factions I have there.

Doomjoon said:
What do you mean? If they're ModSys files, you can insert their contents into any other such files with ease. If they're already in text... well, you CAN convert them back into code, but it's quite a bit more complicated. Having them in text-only is worse, however (and as usual), because you can't really edit the trigger parameters easily, and you'll have to replace the entries every time you recompile the source.

Docm30 said:
They're chosen in the presentation "game_custom_battle_designer". Should be really easy to figure out.
It was, thank you. :smile:

My Notepad++ searches never extend to presentations because, frankly, I've never even opened that file before. :razz:

Im added shield bash.But,i want to make useful for AI

If you didn't understand;

i can shield bash.But i want to use this feature to AI

Its may be possible ? if its possible,How ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom