Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Robin said:
Mission template triggers are the same as normal triggers; use either the re-arm interval or the check interval. The first number is the check interval, the third is the re-arm interval. :smile:

I am amazed I have made it this far without knowing this, the only one I ever use is the check interval, just out of curiosity what is the second one used for? A delay perhaps? I dont know just guessing.

Odd question but is there a way to build from my phone? Like a website or a application I can download. I dont need to be able to play the game. Just be able to build to make sure there's no errors in my code.

McBeanie said:
All the items seem able to get all of the modifiers for some reason, i.e. Meek Light Crossbow, Sharp Heraldic Mail, Godly Hides, Large Bag of Courser. Even items I haven't edited have the problem.
Reposting this.

I put this into module_mission templates, under deathmatch for making top-sight of scene.
Code:
            (0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked,key_m),],
       [
	   (try_begin),
	   (neq, "$mission_cam_is_in_scripted_use", 1),
	   (assign, "$mission_cam_is_in_scripted_use", 1),
         (entry_point_get_position, pos1, 70),
		 (position_move_z, pos1, 800),
		 (position_rotate_x, pos1, -90),
		 (mission_cam_set_mode, 1),
		 (mission_cam_set_position, pos1),
		 (else_try),
		 (eq, "$mission_cam_is_in_scripted_use", 1),
		 (mission_cam_set_mode, 0),
		 (assign, "$mission_cam_is_in_scripted_use", 0),
		 (try_end),
         ]),
So it worked, mission cam is observes ground from 8 meter up. The problem is, when i set the cam here, i can still move my agent, change it's look position etc. How can I disable my agents movements?

Edit: @Somebody, Thanks for help, it worked. Starting presentations will partially solve "look position" problem i think.

McBeanie said:
McBeanie said:
All the items seem able to get all of the modifiers for some reason, i.e. Meek Light Crossbow, Sharp Heraldic Mail, Godly Hides, Large Bag of Courser. Even items I haven't edited have the problem.
Reposting this.

Answering simply because you made my day with the image of a large bag of courser. Also a meek light crossbow sounds like something i'd make in scribblenauts.

If youre using module system, look near the first few lines, and there are grouped modifiers, such as "cloth" and "plate", perhaps something associated all the modifiers with one group.

If youre doing txt editing on morghs, well...that has a tendency to make syntax errors that are hard to locate unless youre using module system. For me, anyway.

Anyone know how to locate a position on the scene with using mouse pointer? For example, how can i get the position which I'm directly looking at the middle of the screen. (the (x,y,z) one not mouse position.)

minnakodunum said:
Anyone know how to locate a position on the scene with using mouse pointer? For example, how can i get the position which I'm directly looking at the middle of the screen. (the (x,y,z) one not mouse position.)

if you are using an agent, you might wanna use  (agent_get_look_position, <position_no>, <agent_id>),
the position is at agent's feet, and the rotations around it determine the looking direction.
if you are using free camera (ghost mode, when you fly around the map when you are dead) (mission_cam_get_position, <position_register_no>)

you can't get the directly position of the center of the screen(eg: a building or the ground), but you can try to calculate it.

i never tried this, but you could make a copy of the looking position, then move it away on the looking trajectory, and test with (position_has_line_of_sight_to_position, <position_no_1>, <position_no_2>), to see if it is behind an object or not. if it is, then do what you want to do, if not, then move it a bit more. also make sure that if you look into sky(pointed at no object), you will get an infinite loop, so you would wanna specifie a border for how far your checks will be.

good luck!

I already did what you say for another work, "the powershot stuff". It works for agents and free cams, so you are right, but i dont want to do like this. I have to do it with mouse pointer.
The_dragon said:
you can't get the directly position of the center of the screen(eg: a building or the ground), but you can try to calculate it.

I think it can be. Because the team order "hold this position" works like this, as the banner moves right into screen center's direction. The edit mode so works with pointers position.
Yeah we could do this because the commands should exist in module system :grin:

minnakodunum said:
I think it can be. Because the team order "hold this position" works like this, as the banner moves right into screen center's direction.
Yeah we could do this because the commands should exist in module system :grin:
That's hardcoded. The engine does it with raycasting, which is not exposed through the module system.

Could anybody tell me where (or how) i can go to change that i can move troops up and down when they are garrisoned inside a castle or town. (The same way the player's party troops can be moved up and down)

and another question,
Has anyone been successful in adding a hud that changes to red (something like call of duty when your health gets low the screen goes red, and bloody) if not, can anybody give me a suggestion how to do this?

thanks...

Michadr said:
Could anybody tell me where (or how) i can go to change that i can move troops up and down when they are garrisoned inside a castle or town. (The same way the player's party troops can be moved up and down)

and another question,
Has anyone been successful in adding a hud that changes to red (something like call of duty when your health gets low the screen goes red, and bloody) if not, can anybody give me a suggestion how to do this?

thanks...

On the HUD there was a presentation OSP code or something for it, presentations are just a mess. I'll try and dig it up for you, but it's definetly possible.

Thuro said:
Odd question but is there a way to build from my phone? Like a website or a application I can download. I dont need to be able to play the game. Just be able to build to make sure there's no errors in my code.
Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom