Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stan233 said:
@Lumos
I do found another minor mistake in the first trigger:
<snip>
In what is the distance measured?
I should stop writing code (and posting) at 2 in the morning. Thanks for pointing that out, glad it works for you.
The distance is measured in centimeters. There's also the get_distance_between_positions_in_meters, which is the same, only with the self-explanatory difference.
EDIT: Speaking of mistakes, here's some more that are basically the same:
Code:
		(try_for_agents, ":enemy_agent"),
			(agent_is_human, ":enemy_agent"),
			(agent_is_alive, ":enemy_agent"),
			(agent_get_team, ":enemy_team", ":enemy_agent"),
Those two lines in the middle were using only ":agent" before getting fixed as well. I could have made a mess somewhere below too, but if you say it works, I hopefully haven't.

Q: Is there any "natural" way for me to print a series of digits starting from 0.01 and getting up to 3.14 or whatever, or will I have to work my way around the game's love for integers? (I am using WSE, so if I can do something with floating registers, please tell me. I'll have to output them through strings and normal registers though, so I don't think that would be too helpful.)

Thane Delphi said:
1) OSP section
2)Read jiks updated modsys tutorial

And its generally considered rude to post if you haven't looked/tried to figure it out/tried to fix it yourself.
Thanks, anyway I searched long in the OSP section before posting here. I didn't mean to be rude or anything, just thought I had missed something.
Thanks for the tip about tutorials, that was pretty much my fault.

No problem, recruits often get on here, ask a bunch of inane questions without doing any work and then fade into the background.
You don't seem like that though. Hey do you want to join a team of experienced modders? Pm me if you want to talk more about it.

How can I flip the map in Thorgrim's map editor?

Just 180 degree flip, vertically, not horizontally.

Also: Where can I choose the desert forest terrain in Thorgrim's?

Thanks. :smile:

cwr said:
How can I flip the map in Thorgrim's map editor?
Just 180 degree flip, vertically, not horizontally.
Also: Where can I choose the desert forest terrain in Thorgrim's?
Not quite sure what you mean with horizontal and vertical flips (it's half past three in the morning and I'm right off to bed), but if you want to rotate the map, switching north to south, CTRL+R CTRL+R will do the trick.
I don't think you can choose the desert forest. I assume you've tried all the selectable terrains, and I don't think I remember being able to use it as well.

module_scripts.py

Code:
#each (leadership level) gives 5 to limit
        (store_skill_level, ":skill", "skl_leadership", ":party_leader"),
        (store_attribute_level, ":charisma", ":party_leader", ca_charisma),
        (val_mul, ":skill", 5),
        (val_add, ":limit", ":skill"),

(val_mul, ":skill", 5),
Red number is the one.

Is there a list of entry points in the header files? Find in files revealed nothing.

Somebody said:
DanyEle said:
Something more challening: airplanes with a rotating propeller. This is the code for the airplane to make it move. I just replaced the bird flying in the sky with an airplane model.
With regards to airplanes, is the player going to be actually close enough to see them dogfight? If they're just patrolling way off in the distance, there's absolutely no requirement for the propellers to be moving at all - you can just model it as a blurred wheel and the player can use their imagination (not to mention the pilot, waving scarfs, etc).

Yeah, the airplanes will be up in the air, and nobody would really notice. So, i'm just going to keep the propeller static.

Okay then. Is it possible to spawn a second NPC in the arena without using the in-game editor to add a new spawn point?

A second question. Is it possible to actually make fist fighting a viable alternative in the mount and blade engine?

I'm creating a new quest. Everything compiled fine except for the one error.
It says I have a syntax error on line 26270 in module dialogs. The only problem is line 26270 doesn't exist.
My file ends at line 26269. Thoughts?

Thane Delphi said:
It says I have a syntax error on line 26270 in module dialogs. The only problem is line 26270 doesn't exist.

Paste the liunes please

Are you talking about the syntax error report or the module dialogs line or both.

Just to make myself clear. Line 26270 doesn't exist.

Thane Delphi said:
You may have missed a bracket somewhere prior to it. That pushes all brackets out of order. Try the Notepad++ functionality of "find matching bracket" on your last bracket and see where that takes you. Alternatively revert some changes and test if it fixes things, continue until its fixed and you will be able to further pinpoint the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom