Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
xPearse said:
The world map battles I added in a city scene for the player to run around on but on the battlefield you enter from a random direction but I want the troops to entry from a set entry point so then I have have them use the city scene as I have to put it up in the air. How could I make both sides enter the map using entry points.

Any help here guys.

xPearse said:
xPearse said:
The world map battles I added in a city scene for the player to run around on but on the battlefield you enter from a random direction but I want the troops to entry from a set entry point so then I have have them use the city scene as I have to put it up in the air. How could I make both sides enter the map using entry points.

Any help here guys.
Translate to English, it could help.

MadVader said:
I was following up on a reported bug with eligible brides, and reviewed the "initialize_aristocracy" script. There's some nonsense code and a few minor bugs in there, so I wonder if anyone went through fixing the script as well - maybe we can compare notes.
I think native's  "initialize_aristocracy" script is good enough. Customized one should set some important  slot_troop_* that related to family relations as the native does perfectly. Note that before calling the script, native set the slots to -1 so it won't refer to 0 (=trp_player). The important slots are :
1. slot_troop_spouse
  - This slot set for married lords and ladies, it should be set for both, man and wife.
    If we don't set a lady's slot then native will try to find suitor for her even if there's a lord that has slot_troop_spouse set to her.
2. slot_troop_guardian
  - This slot must be set for ladies that has no father and it should be set to their brother.
3. slot_troop_father & slot_troop_mother
  - For young lords and ladies,  slot_troop_father is set to old lords, and slot_troop_mother should be set to father's spouse.
  - For the old troops, set slot_troop_father to positive numbers, set it to same value for same lords to make them brothers and
    their children become cousins. Native's script has good randomization factor about it.
  - For unmarried ladies that has no slot_troop_guardian, slot_troop_father should be set.

dunde said:
MadVader said:
I was following up on a reported bug with eligible brides, and reviewed the "initialize_aristocracy" script. There's some nonsense code and a few minor bugs in there, so I wonder if anyone went through fixing the script as well - maybe we can compare notes.
I think native's  "initialize_aristocracy" script is good enough. Customized one should set some important  slot_troop_* that related to family relations as the native does perfectly. Note that before calling the script, native set the slots to -1 so it won't refer to 0 (=trp_player). The important slots are :
1. slot_troop_spouse
  - This slot set for married lords and ladies, it should be set for both, man and wife.
    If we don't set a lady's slot then native will try to find suitor for her even if there's a lord that has slot_troop_spouse set to her.
2. slot_troop_guardian
  - This slot must be set for ladies that has no father and it should be set to their brother.
3. slot_troop_father & slot_troop_mother
  - For young lords and ladies,  slot_troop_father is set to old lords, and slot_troop_mother should be set to father's spouse.
  - For the old troops, set slot_troop_father to positive numbers, set it to same value for same lords to make them brothers and
    their children become cousins. Native's script has good randomization factor about it.
  - For unmarried ladies that has no slot_troop_guardian, slot_troop_father should be set.
Thanks, but I know how it works.
I was thinking of problems and silly code within it. Like this one:
#daughter
(troop_set_slot, ":cur_lady", slot_troop_mother, ":mother"), #Native bug fixed, was set to ":cur_lady"

Or eliminating the useless slot_troop_age_appearance and "aging" altogether.
#script_init_troop_age
#MV: removed a lot of crap, only set the slot and the appearance, once
("init_troop_age",
[
(store_script_param, ":troop_no", 1),
(store_script_param, ":age", 2),
(troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_age, ":age"),
(troop_set_age, ":troop_no", ":age"),
]),

I'm sure you know how it works. I wrote it for others that tried to set the slots manually and got some red ingame error messages for missing the slots.
Ah, I forgot about silly typo mistake about slot_troop_mother for daughter. And, aging is fun for me :smile:.

Ok, I've added a new animation, I overwrote the unused human anim one but for some reason my horse animations are wrong now, the horse walk forward animation plays instead of standing still, and then the walk backwards horse animation plays when the run animations should  :???:

Its only the horse anims that are affected as these occur after the new human anim that I added,
Any help would be appreciated

Aging is sort of whimsical - along with the random stat gains that should be represented within the engine already with higher troop levels. I've been thinking of giving each hero a birthday and making them actually age, but only a few players will play more than a year really.
La Grandmaster said:
Ok, I've added a new animation, I overwrote the unused human anim one but for some reason my horse animations are wrong now, the horse walk forward animation plays instead of standing still, and then the walk backwards horse animation plays when the run animations should  :???:

Its only the horse anims that are affected as these occur after the new human anim that I added,
That's why there are unused animation slots - don't put them in between existing animations.

Somebody said:
Aging is sort of whimsical - along with the random stat gains that should be represented within the engine already with higher troop levels. I've been thinking of giving each hero a birthday and making them actually age, but only a few players will play more than a year really.
La Grandmaster said:

That's why there are unused animation slots - don't put them in between existing animations.

I did use the unused human_anim slots - they occur before all horse animations, and after all the human ones. I think I must of accidentally changed something else where, lll have to go through it all.

La Grandmaster said:
I did use the unused human_anim slots - they occur before all horse animations, and after all the human ones. I think I must of accidentally changed something else where, lll have to go through it all.
Are you certain you've overwritten exactly as much as needed? I've had similar problems happening to me due to commenting out too many human animations, so perhaps your case could be the result of an oversight?

Somebody said:
Well, I update the lords' appearance every 4 months. Native add the value by 1 to 4 every year (even it's look like they never actually run the script by yearly trigger if my memory serves me well, but that's what the script they made should), I do add 0 to 1 every 4 months and add again 1 every year. My world map travelling speed is half of native's and every battle main party do will advance time. And moding is for  these few players too :smile:.

La Grandmaster said:

Open your id_animations.py and make sure that anim_horse_stand = 553.
If it < 553 then you should add/uncomment more  unused_human_anim to fix it.
If it > 553 then you should delete/comment more unused_human_anim to fix it.

1.is there eny trick that can be use to remove the "pause" from the singleplayer(when the player is not moving).And no,not pushing down the space..i need to make a script...
1.1 is there eny way to know if it is on the free map,but paused game?
2.how can i get the coordinates or the object that my party is moving in single player

The_dragon said:
1.is there eny trick that can be use to remove the "pause" from the singleplayer(when the player is not moving).And no,not pushing down the space..i need to make a script...
2.how can i get the coordinates or the object that my party is moving in single player

1. No
1.1. No
2. May be we can get the destination object, but not if the player click the terrain.

The_dragon said:
I think you'd better post why do you want to do this, as there are surely better solutions than the above ones.

Anyone knows how to enable a (destroyable) collision mesh only to attacks but keep it disabled for passage or intersection with other collision meshes? Also any way to make it directional or to ignore the player's attacks?

I managed to attach a scene prop to the player in the form of a transparent blob for my force shield. The problem is the destructible nature of the scene prop make is vulnerable to attack from its interior as well, so I am trying to react only to exterior attacks. Also an enemy is to be able to get close enough to get his weapon inside the player's shield and attack him "from within" as in to mimic Dune's "the slow blade penetrates the shield".

But all step by step: first to enable a discriminative behavior of the shield that ignores the player's attacks, a "one way" collision mesh.

Why don't you use an agent slot representing the remaining durability of your force shield, then have it absorb damage as you deduct hitpoints from it instead of using quirky and sometimes cumbersome scene props? That ought to be way easier and problemless to make, and I believe it could be linked to an equipped item or something.

Damn, now I want to make something like this, but it would be totally out of place in my mod. IIRC adding the itp_secondary flag to a weapon forbids you from actually equipping it, so that would be the perfect complement to an item that is supposed to represent the force shield. Or you just screw the item and code it as a skill, ability or whatnot. :smile:

i have a problem with item..

i downloaded wee's helmet pack and i adjust in my mod
and i gave some helmets in pack to my character for test

but during the loading, an error message is occured..
"Too many variation on mesh 0"

i did everything right... what should i do??

MadVader said:
The_dragon said:
I think you'd better post why do you want to do this, as there are surely better solutions than the above ones.

for what i want,there are no other solutions....i want to make a multiplayer mod,that you will see other players moving on the single player map.the battles will be made in multiplayer,with the epic escape->save and exit->multiplayer-> join game
and i want to make the player to can't pause the actual game
i was thinking of a trick to make the actual player move a bit forward,then a bit back,so the actual pause will neve happen,but since i can't know if the player is on free map paused....

dlwnsdn4 said:
i have a problem with item..

i downloaded wee's helmet pack and i adjust in my mod
and i gave some helmets in pack to my character for test

but during the loading, an error message is occured..
"Too many variation on mesh 0"

i did everything right... what should i do??

you could post the codes of the item here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom