Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't help you then, I have quite a big screen, and it worked for me.

I still have a question about that code of mine, from the previous page.

Now it looks like this:
#### Code for starting the counter for enviromental changes
      (ti_before_mission_start, 90, 90, [],

[(scene_set_day_time, 6)]),

I don't know what I do wrong, but I get no delay before "scene_set_day_time" starts to work. Is it because this line won't ever get delayed, or because my condition block with a counter set for 90 is empty and thus is failling it work and thus my consequence block set for 90 delay either doesn't start at all?

I get that scene time set at hour 6 just after I enter the scene. Does anyone of you know how it works? Can I delay that time setting or is it just permanent value adjusted after the mission starts?

I don't think that works at all, scene_set_day_time looks like something that needs to be done before the mission is initialized, not in the middle of it. I would assume that it simply fails if you try that after mission initialization.
Try to insert debug messages to be sure what happens when, like this:
(ti_before_mission_start, 90, 90, [],

[(scene_set_day_time, 6),
    (display_message, "@DEBUG: It's six in the morning, rise and shine!"),
]),

I want to create an item, that when in the inventory increases health regeneration outside the wound treatment skill, possible?

It also needs a script that takes away from the item when the character's health is below max.
I assume I can find out how to give an item quantity in the add item tutorials right?

Ichaff88 said:
I want to create an item, that when in the inventory increases health regeneration outside the wound treatment skill, possible?

It also needs a script that takes away from the item when the character's health is below max.
I assume I can find out how to give an item quantity in the add item tutorials right?
Trigger, store_troop_health/troop_set_health.

max_ammo(X) and see script_consume_food.

Alright y I have quite the interesting problem. I configured the module files including .ini and imported a shield in game successfully. However, now all the characters or bots faces are blank and are deformed. What is going on... A picture of what is happening has been posted below.

MadVader said:
Go through your changes and find what caused this. Is it a texture that's named the same as one of the Native textures? Probably.
Firstly there is only one texture that is currently implement and it is called mahdist_something... So I doubt it is that. I was wondering if it had something to do with the .Ini files. I post and example of the changes I have made to it.

The stuff highlited is new.
load_mod_resource = Mahdist_Shield_Tex
load_resource = textures
load_mod_resource = Mahdist_Shield_Mat
load_resource = materials
load_resource = materials_face_gen
load_mod_resource = Mahdist_Shield_Mesh

load_resource = test
load_resource = textures_face_gen
load_resource = shaders
load_resource = textures

Right, you load the face materials before their textures. Y U DO DIS???
Duplicate lines are wrong.
Do only this:

MadVader said:
Right, you load the face materials before their textures. Y U DO DIS???
Duplicate lines are wrong.
Do only this:
Ah you must understand that I was just following the guidance of a tutorial, here is de links so you can give him hell. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6146.0.html

Yes, this is quite misleading. :smile:
Yoshiboy said:
8. Make sure you haven't added the extra lines:

Code: [Select]

load_resource = textures

to module.ini . If (and only if) you have duplicates of these lines of code in the file then delete one set of duplicates.

No it was over here that confused me, remember I did this at 1:00am.

simply add the line

load_mod_resource = new_sword_tex_brf

(replacing "new_sword_tex_brf" with whatever your textures BRF was called)

Its important you add this  line before the line:

load_resource = textures

Once this is done it needs to refer to your new materials file. This is done in a similar way. Add

load_mod_resource = new_sword_mat_brf

(replacing "new_sword_mat_brf" with whatever your materials BRF was called)

again its important you add this before the line:

Bte Thank you

MadVader said:
Ichaff88 said:

Trigger, store_troop_health/troop_set_health.

max_ammo(X) and see script_consume_food.

Great thanks!

Now, I would have done a search, but it's 3 in the morning and sleep is overcoming me slowly.  :mad:

Besides that, where in the module system is the location of tournaments? (Like changing tournament equipment)

Thanks.

Hello.

I'm still trying to make a consequence block (yet another) starting after the condition is met after some delay, working in the scene. I have tried ti_before_mission start and got some results like condition working just after I entered the scene. I think it's the nature of that command, that it ignores any delay inputs.

I'm asking if anyone of you know which ti_ command used in mission_templates, or in any other module file would do the trick? It doesn't have to be a ti_ command as long as it will start the counter after I enter the scene.

Any help would be most appreciated. The easier to do sollution, the better for me, as I'm just making my first steps in writing codes.

EDIT:
I'm trying to experiment with ti_on_agent_spawn command, but it's something I miss in logical thinking in writing the condition block as i get info that variable is not used:

I have something like this:
(ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, [(get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent")], [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_village")]),

and am trying to set the condtion block for getting a true value after the player is spawned on the scene, so the consequence block with it's delay time would get in to the action. It's missing some code parts. I know it looks like I was trying to ask for writing the code for me, but it's a rather one time sollution. After any of you would bring some more light to it, I surely will catch up how it is meant to be done.

EDIT2:
OK, I know how to solve my question myself. It was so easy I'm feeling stupid I did asked for it at all. Sorry for that.

Code:
#  Each trigger contains the following fields:
# 1) Check interval: How frequently this trigger will be checked
# 2) Delay interval: Time to wait before applying the consequences of the trigger
#    After its conditions have been evaluated as true.
# 3) Re-arm interval. How much time must pass after applying the consequences of the trigger for the trigger to become active again.
#    You can put the constant ti_once here to make sure that the trigger never becomes active again after it fires once.
This is a trigger:
Code:
(0, 0, 0, [ < conditions > ], [ < consequences> ]),
I'll let you figure it out on your own.

EDIT:
duck83 said:
EDIT2:
OK, I know how to solve my question myself. It was so easy I'm feeling stupid I did asked for it at all. Sorry for that.
Whoops... I feel stupid for not noticing this before posting. :smile:

i'd like something to ask..

how can i increase tax from castles, towns, villages??
ordinary m&b tax is so low..(almost taxes are less than 2000denars..;:wink:
i want to increase ordinary tax to higher tax(like 1257ad.. then i can collect 8000~13000denars)

is thare a way to increase tax??

dlwnsdn4 said:

i want to increase ordinary tax to higher tax(like 1257ad.. then i can collect 8000~13000denars)

Tweakmb has a way.

AnddyiRaynor said:
dlwnsdn4 said:

Tweakmb has a way.

ohoh... i am using python..(maybe i think there's no tweak for 1.154version. 1.143version was last version of tweak what i saw..)

hey,

I am doing the tutorials for modding and every time I try to build the module it says that "icon_new_icon" isn't recognized while the tutorial clearly says that that is what I have to do.
It does run when I make it into "icon_town" and I that isn't a problem. But I just don't know why it doesn't run when the tutorial says it should work.

Thanks.

Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom