Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... I understood this not very good.  :lol:
I know now, that I must add this, but I don't know how....
Wow this show me which kind of noob I am.  :lol:

Would be this code at the bottom ok?
Code:
 [0, 0, ti_once, [], [[assign,"$g_uses2",1]]],

Is there any way, using Thorgrims Map Editor, that you can efficiently combine vertexes over a large area, rather than having to do it one by one?

Roemerboy said:
Code:
Why only square brackets?!
Code:
(0, 0, ti_once, [], [
    (assign, "$g_uses2", 1),
 ]),
I don't know what you mean by "at the bottom", but you have to put this in the appropriate mission template's triggers.

Note that
A trigger starting with (0, 0, ti_once, ....
is very nearly equivalent to starting the same trigger with (ti_after_mission_start, 0, 0, ....
which is sometimes clearer to recall what you were doing (they get called the same millisecond, so are indistinguishable, at least when debugging with display_message).

Good evening.

Is it possible to increase the max shot range of AI troops especially archers?

I'm not talking about raising up the missile speed or power draw, I mean the shot angle to get the maximum range.
Archers are shooting in an angle of max ~20° atm, but I want that they are able to shot in an angle of ~43° to get the maximum range.

So is it possible to code something like this, or is it completly hardcoded?

hello im new to modelling wheres the man head resource model found so i can build a helmet over it?

okay for a while not i have tried to figure out what i should do if i dont have a items_kind but i have textures and the brf file for a item i want to add to my mod. Say i downloaed a open source item and it gives me the textures and the brf file but i need to add it to items_kind... i have no idea what all those numbers mean etc... help?

_Sebastian_ said:
I'm not talking about raising up the missile speed or power draw, I mean the shot angle to get the maximum range.
Archers are shooting in an angle of max ~20° atm, but I want that they are able to shot in an angle of ~43° to get the maximum range.
I don't know, but I can tell you that in my tests of flying eagles for Forodren Auth, if I had enough altitude, archers were ready to shoot at angles of nearly 90 degrees, so if all else fails you could probably hack an invisible enemy agent which they could target in order to increase their range.

Gambino said:
hello im new to modelling wheres the man head resource model found so i can build a helmet over it?
Use the Search function in OpenBRF. It's there for that specific purpose. I can tell you that you're looking for a file in commonRes, though. The rest is up to you. :smile:

Michadr said:
okay for a while not i have tried to figure out what i should do if i dont have a items_kind but i have textures and the brf file for a item i want to add to my mod. Say i downloaed a open source item and it gives me the textures and the brf file but i need to add it to items_kind... i have no idea what all those numbers mean etc... help?
It's really not recommended to edit the .txt files by hand. Use an application instead, you can find them in the Unofficial Editing Tools board.

Hi, I'm a member of Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth Modder team. I'm trying to modify mod's default banner. After I overwrite the .dds banner and enter the game, the modified banners appear blur but the default banner is fine. How can I solve this problem ??

Thank in advance

mb_warband2012-08-0221-38-40-42.jpg

Lumos said:
Roemerboy said:
Code:
Why only square brackets?!
Code:
(0, 0, ti_once, [], [
    (assign, "$g_uses2", 1),
 ]),
I don't know what you mean by "at the bottom", but you have to put this in the appropriate mission template's triggers.

I copyed this code of an other trigger in module_triggers.py . Than I put my triggername in it. I meant with bottom, before the last  ]  in module_triggers.py .
But I forgot that it is needed for module_mission_templates.py . So I will add it there.
Caba`drin said:
Note that
A trigger starting with (0, 0, ti_once, ....
is very nearly equivalent to starting the same trigger with (ti_after_mission_start, 0, 0, ....
which is sometimes clearer to recall what you were doing (they get called the same millisecond, so are indistinguishable, at least when debugging with display_message).

Thanks Lumos and Caba`drin. :smile:
I will try both (ti_mission_start and ti_once).
ShopperKimpy said:
Hi, I'm a member of Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth Modder team. I'm trying to modify mod's default banner. After I overwrite the .dds banner and enter the game, the modified banners appear blur but the default banner is fine. How can I solve this problem ??

Thank in advance

mb_warband2012-08-0221-38-40-42.jpg

I think, that you edited the blured banners as a smaller banner than the others. For example, the good banners in a size of 400x200 and the blured in 200x100. You could try to give them more contrast with your editing tool. I use paint.NET there is an option called  Corrections  . Under this will you find some options to correct it. Next try is to save it with a bigger quality.

I saw, that you used only 1 Bit for your banners! Thats why they are blured! You need min. 16 Bit for a good picture/banner.
You must create your personal banners, save them as jpg with 16 Bit, open the new jpg file, copy the pic, open the dds file with the banners, and paste it in there. This should fix your problem. By me work this very well.

Guys, Torgrim's map editor problem persists.

I got the map done in the editor and it is saved somewhere (I don't know where) because when I open it up my map is loaded by default. But the map.txt has not modified one bit. Also If I change the parties.txt (i have a problem with some castle i need moved and I cannot select it in the editor !!!) the changes there won't affect the current map.

So, it's like this: every time I want to save it says Slezkh Castle is positioned wrong and it might create problems in-game. But because I imported the map from Warband the icons are all screwed up, meaning some settlements miss icons and other have different icons. In this case Slezkh Castle has a bridge icon I cannot select in the editor to move it.

So, is it possible the map editor won't save my map because of this warning? Also where does the editor store the map I'm editing?

Thanks.

Dawiduh said:
I got the map done in the editor and it is saved somewhere (I don't know where) because when I open it up my map is loaded by default. But the map.txt has not modified one bit.
Then look at the Editor's settings.cfg file and see which mod it loads. It should also say it in the editor window's title, IIRC.
Dawiduh said:
So, is it possible the map editor won't save my map because of this warning?
Doubt it. BTW, the warning means that you have partie(s) on water/mountains, I don't think that having a castle with a bridge icon would be problematic.
Dawiduh said:
Also where does the editor store the map I'm editing?
Your description puzzles me. The only way, if all else fails, for you to see where your mod is, includes a lot of Windows Searching and looking at the "Date Modified" for the found files.
Hopefully you don't need to do that...

Well, it all directs to M&B Native module.

I copied the Warband map.txt there, modified it, but when I copy it back to Warband nothing changes in game . Also the date/time of modification in M&B native module of the map.txt does not change at all, neither does the size of the file.

The settings.cfg file is ok, it directs to the Native module, and it shows also in the window title.

Well, some of the locations that were giving me errors I was able to move BUT a few other (snowy rock bridge icon) I cannot select to drag out of the bad zone. All the icons are messed up because Warband has more locations and more meshes for that, I know, but some locations have no icons so I cannot move those either.

So right now I'm stuck with my map almost done in Thorgrim's. And that is the only place it shows up.

Ok, I did a whole computer search and the map popped out as being in:

C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Moun&Blade\Modules\Native

I have no clue how it got there or why... Anyway, thanks Lumos for answering :smile:

It's normal that it is in the M&B folder. The editor is created for M&B. Not for M&B:Warband. Now your problem with a few castles. I had this too. It is very easy to fix this. But you need time. First download Morghs M&B Warband editor.

Now selet the files of  .....\Moun&Blade\Modules\Native as the input. Before this, copy your parties.txt in it(you need your own castles etc.). Next open the parties.txt with the editor. Choose the castles/villages/towns which can't move. Give them another icon.
The best would be, if you give them the icons they should have. Then save it.

Open the Map editor and load your map. The unmoveable icons should now have a new icon and they should be moveable.
Sometimes is there a icon which canb't move after this. Then you must open up Morghs editor again and give this icon new coordinates.

After this should all work fine. I hop that this help you. :grin:

@Lumos/Caba`drin
My trigger works now very well.  :mrgreen:

Hi

I have a problem with an animation. When I press the key, if the player die, the animation is not played. I want that when the key is pressed, the animation is played and at the end the player die.

Is there a way to deliver the damage at the end or after the animation?

Here is the actual code:

Code:
jojo = (
    0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked, key_q),],
   [
       (get_player_agent_no, ":agent"),
         (agent_is_alive, ":agent"),
          (agent_set_animation, ":agent", "anim_myanim"),
          (agent_play_sound, ":agent", "snd_man_die"),
       (agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, ":agent", ":agent", 100),
   ])

Code:
["myanim", acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground, amf_priority_die|amf_accurate_body|amf_keep|amf_client_prediction,
   [12.0, "myanim", 150, 850, arf_blend_in_16], 
],

Tomy44 said:
Hi

I have a problem with an animation. When I press the key, if the player die, the animation is not played. I want that when the key is pressed, the animation is played and at the end the player die.

Is there a way to deliver the damage at the end or after the animation?

Here is the actual code:

Code:
jojo = (
    0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked, key_q),],
   [
   ])

Code:
["myanim", acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground, amf_priority_die|amf_accurate_body|amf_keep|amf_client_prediction,
   [12.0, "myanim", 150, 850, arf_blend_in_16], 
],
You are delivering the damage at the very beginning of your animation. Instead, you should wait until it's over and then deal damage.

I would suggest to remake your trigger to something like:

Code:
jojo = (
    0.0, 2.0, 0.0,
    [
        (key_clicked, key_q),
    ],
    [
    ],
)
Instead of 2.0 in trigger header, put the duration of your animation in seconds.

Theoretically, this should work as follows:

1. Player clicks "Q". First condition passes.
2. Player agent is alive, second condition passes. Entire trigger condition block passes.
3. Animation and sound start playing.
4. Trigger effects block is delayed by specified number of seconds.
5. If the player is still alive, he is delivered 100 damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom