Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions

1) how do I make a new village and castle?

2) how do I make a new faction recruit from a new village?

thankyou  :grin:

Roemerboy said:
I defined, that town_16 load the town_16.sco files. But it looks, that this doesn't work anylonger.
I'm not sure then. Are you sure that your maps are listed in exactly the same order in both module_strings and module_scenes?

Roemerboy said:
You should look in ID_sounds.py and/or header_sounds.py . It should define there.
the sounds are listed under ID_sounds but the numbers don't line up with the ones being used in the animations and plus, I've already determined that those numbers in the animation file define the timing of the sounds and not the sounds themselves. So where are these sounds defined!?  :mad:

dunde said:
May be it will play sound with same ID as the animation.
Had thought the same thing but thats not it.

Hi,

I read about a script which reorders npc troops in castles and armies by levels in every 24 hours.
Do you know where to find it?

Is there a script which allows to page between companions? Similarly how it works in cheat mode. It would make easier to check their inventory and skills.

Bravo2255 said:
Here is an example, I have made.

Feel free to use it.

Thank you very much.  :grin:
But, what I must do now? Insert this code into python file of module builder? Then run it? After that, I have some *.txt file and the gunfire particle is available?

sirwho said:
Roemerboy said:
I defined, that town_16 load the town_16.sco files. But it looks, that this doesn't work anylonger.
I'm not sure then. Are you sure that your maps are listed in exactly the same order in both module_strings and module_scenes?

Roemerboy said:
You should look in ID_sounds.py and/or header_sounds.py . It should define there.
the sounds are listed under ID_sounds but the numbers don't line up with the ones being used in the animations and plus, I've already determined that those numbers in the animation file define the timing of the sounds and not the sounds themselves. So where are these sounds defined!?  :mad:

dunde said:
May be it will play sound with same ID as the animation.
Had thought the same thing but thats not it.

If it isn't under the ID or the header, is it not possible for me to tell you where it is.  :smile:

I never changed anything in strings, so the order in strings should be the same like in scenes.

And here are 2 bugs.  :wink:

1. I clicked here on this theme the button "inform", and it worked before 3 days. But as I looked now on this theme to ask after a soultion to fix a bug, I saw new posts. But I got no E-mail....
And, yes I have still the same E-mail adress. In other themes work this fine at the moment.

2. I put a new armor in my mod. But now, there is a little problem. This:

155q4nk.jpg

Anyone know, how to fix this? :grin:

Csatádi said:
I read about a script which reorders npc troops in castles and armies by levels in every 24 hours.
Do you know where to find it?
Check out Custom Commander's source. Rubik include scripts like this there.

Csatádi said:
Is there a script which allows to page between companions? Similarly how it works in cheat mode. It would make easier to check their inventory and skills.
In OSP Resources, check out Lav's companion overseer for one such example.

(These are the types of questions that should be in the stickied Q&A thread, not a new thread)

Hi, I am having a few problems with my mod. I have altered the assigning of scenes a little bit. The script gets the terrain of the party at game_start and assigns a scene based on this, which I am regretting now as all the passages are just plain wrong. They lead to places that they shouldn't, so at the moment you can only use the menu to get around at scenes.

mb4jp.jpg
mb5i.jpg
mb6t.jpg

I have a feeling it is something to do with the engine, but I really don't know. If somebody have any pointers to what might be wrong that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Did you change the town menu? The order of menu options corresponds to passage numbers, so adding a new town menu option (or deleting an old one) will screw your passages. If you want to add new menus, place them after the menu options used for passages. If you want to disable an option, put (eq, 1, 0) in its condition block, but don't remove it.

Looks like those are Narf's brigandines. Those are meant to go with his hoses, which are leg armor that also include the thighs. You need to either equip the troops with those leg armor only, or extract parts from another armor (or download the extract he made to the hoses).

Here, I am trying to add a clock into combat but somehow clock increases by one every 4 seconds instead of how a clock it should be. What is wrong?

Code:
("battle_hour", prsntf_read_only|prsntf_manual_end_only, 0, [
    (ti_on_presentation_load, [      
      (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 1000),

(assign, "$g_battle_clock_overlay", -1),
      (store_mission_timer_a, "$clock"),

(str_clear, s10),
      (assign, "$clock", reg10),
      (create_text_overlay, "$g_battle_clock_overlay", s10, tf_left_align|tf_with_outline),
      (overlay_set_color, "$g_battle_clock_overlay", 0xFFAAD8FF),
      (position_set_x, pos10, 500),
      (position_set_y, pos10, 500),
      (overlay_set_size, "$g_battle_clock_overlay", pos10),
      (str_store_string, s10, "@Clock: {reg10}"),
      (overlay_set_text, "$g_battle_clock_overlay", s10), 

(presentation_set_duration, 999999),
      ]),

Code:
battle_clock = (
	[
	],
	[(start_presentation, "prsnt_battle_hour"),
         (val_add,  reg10,1),

]
 )

Hi ! I have a little problem.

I try to add a new animation with this code:
Code:
["myanim", acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground, amf_priority_die|amf_accurate_body|amf_keep|amf_client_prediction,
   [12.0, "myanim", 150, 850, arf_blend_in_16], 
],

and I add it just before the horse animations in module_animations:

Code:
["horse_stand", 0, amf_client_prediction,
##   [5.0, "anim_horse", 1000, 1044, arf_cyclic],
##   [3.0, "anim_horse", 600, 644, arf_cyclic], 
   [1.5, "anim_horse", 600, 644, arf_cyclic|arf_use_stand_progress, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],
   [1.5, "anim_horse", 600, 644, arf_cyclic|arf_use_stand_progress, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],
   [1.5, "anim_horse", 644, 688, arf_cyclic|arf_use_stand_progress, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],
   [1.5, "anim_horse", 688, 732, arf_cyclic|arf_use_stand_progress, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],
   [3.5, "anim_horse", 732, 820, arf_cyclic|arf_use_stand_progress, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],
   [2.5, "anim_horse", 820, 908, arf_cyclic|arf_use_stand_progress, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],
 ],

When I click the key for the animation it works but the horse animation make crash the game "error at the anim 553", so I can't use anymore.

So I tried to paste my animation code after the horse animation:

Code:
 ["unused_horse_anim_98", 0, 0, [1.0, "anim_horse", 0, 1, 0]],
 ["unused_horse_anim_99", 0, 0, [1.0, "anim_horse", 0, 1, 0]],
 ["unused_horse_anim_100", 0, 0, [1.0, "anim_horse", 0, 1, 0]],

Then the horse animations works fine, but my animation crashes the game "error at the anim 560". Where can I place my code to make the both works fine? Someone has an idea?

Caba`drin said:
The mission template trigger has a 4 second delay between condition and consequence blocks.
It should read (1, 0, 0, [], [ stuff]),

After 2 hours of work and ending up with failures, this really hurt. Thank you, though.

@Tomy,
To add an animation, you need to over-write one of the "unused" animations. If the animation is for humans, you need to replace one of the "anim_human_unused" lines, not one of the horse lines. If it is for horses, replace one of the anim_horse_unused" lines.

So comment out the first available "unused" animation and paste your animation there above or below it.

Hi i still have struggle with that:
CBWarDog said:
Well, im looking for a code that could make the shields invulnerable to the damage of the arrows. i dont want indestructible shield, just prevent them from been broken or damaged by arrows. (sorry for the bad english). is it possible? hope so  :grin:
I need it for an MP mod.
Any ideas how to do that ? I thought about the walkarround to put an (ti_on:weapon_attack)  at the bows instaed of the shields and let the bows or arrows all give back the hp they take from shields in standard!
But i have no idea how to make an exact script out of it and it might get processor-heavy anyway.
There might be better ways?
Hints,proposals, help?
Anything is welcome.  :wink:
Cheers
Meneldur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom