Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my module_info.py I have:
#export_dir = "..WOTS/Modules/Native"*
export_dir = "*********/SteamApps/common/mountblade warband/Modules/***"
*- or sth like that

What should I write in the first line? The same what in second one?

1 line
Don't change anything in this line. IMPORTANT! The # at the start of this line must be there.

2 line
Here, you must write the path to the folder of your mod. For example I write here my own. I use Steam.
Code:
export_dir = "E:/Spiele/Steam/SteamApps/common/mountblade warband/Modules/Prophecy of a Hero/"

Roemerboy said:
Anybody knows a trick to find the waepon length? Or must I try out everything ingame?
You can measure any weapon by pressing your favorite body part against the monitor and comparing.
Or you can use OpenBRF and keep your monitor clean.

Tajulek said:
In my module_info.py I have:
#export_dir = "..WOTS/Modules/Native"*
export_dir = "*********/SteamApps/common/mountblade warband/Modules/***"
*- or sth like that

What should I write in the first line? The same what in second one?
What Roemerboy said, but I want to clarify something:
Roemerboy said:
1 line
Don't change anything in this line. IMPORTANT! The # at the start of this line must be there.
This is not quite true. The # mark before the line marks it as a comment, something which is there for you to read, but not for the computer to know about, so to speak. So yes, it must be there, but you can actually delete the line altogether. It's been a long time since the game was called "Way of the Sword"... :smile:

How can I do rhis with OpenBRF? The comparing is to inexactly.
I never saw a an option for measure in OpenBRF.... :wink:

@Lumos
Your right. But when was the game called "Way of the Sword"??

Roemerboy said:
@Lumos
You're right. But when was the game called "Way of the Sword"??
A LONG time ago. I'm probably lying to you, but it was around v0.6xx, IIRC. And you'll excuse my little grammar fix, this is an annoying deformation fo mine.

Code:
<offtopic>
Version 0.202 had three names at the same time: the game window had the title of "Dazubo", the earliest codename for this project; Warrider, used extensively (does it ring a bell? warrider_logo.dds :mrgreen:) and finally, Mount&Blade, which was on the main menu, IIRC. Perhaps there was a Way of the Sword somewhere in there, but I'm not sure. I remember seeing an old, logged, cached TaleWorlds webpage which was advertising their game called "Way of the Sword". So yeah, this game has changed its name a lot of times during its development. And all this offtopic crap I'm writing at the moment gives me ideas. I want to make a mod that's called "Warrider". Hmmmmm...
Code:
</offtopic>

I am currently working on a gladiator mod and was wondering, does anyone know how to make a restricted menu, for example when the game starts the player is at a menu that only has the options: Go to Arena, Go to the Marketplace, Go to the Ludus (where the gladiators train). So there would be no option to go to the world map.

I can't tell you how to do it, but you must connect the module_game_menu.py with module_scripts.py . For example, instead of "start a new game" in the main menu, you write a script for "Go to the Ludus". Then you connect this module_game_menu entry with your script in module_scripts. I hope that this is right. If not, correct me pls.

Anybody knows, how I can delete this bug?  :mrgreen:
s5ajyq.jpg
That's only 1 bow.Normaly, should the bow only into my hands. Not on my back and in my hands. If I use the "shootversion" is there only a bow in my hand.
I scripted a melee for this bow.
Thats the code:

Code:
["hunting_bow", "Hunting Bow", [("hunting_bow1",0),("hunting_bow_carry1",ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_bow|itp_merchandise|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_next_item_as_melee, itcf_shoot_bow|itcf_carry_bow_back, 17, weight(1)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(100)|shoot_speed(52)|thrust_damage(15,pierce), imodbits_bow ],
 ["hunting_bow_melee", "Hunting Bow", [("hunting_bow1",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_wooden_attack|itp_wooden_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_primary, itcf_overswing_twohanded|itcf_slashright_twohanded|itcf_slashleft_twohanded|itcf_parry_forward_twohanded|itcf_parry_up_twohanded|itcf_parry_right_twohanded|itcf_parry_left_twohanded, 0, weight(1)|spd_rtng(96)|weapon_length(107)|swing_damage(21,blunt)|thrust_damage(0,blunt), imodbits_none ],

In my first mod (never finished....) I did this too and it works very well. But there I worked with the .txt files not with the MS.
If you think, why I don't look into my old mod, is here the answer:
I deleted it before 4 months. :razz:

Thanks for your help guys. Without you, I would never create all that.  :grin:

I am really wondering what is wrong with this scene prop. It keeps giving me an "Error in scene prop: blabla"... What here discards the rules of the general structure?

Code:
("exploding_bomb",sokf_moveable|sokf_show_hit_point_bar|sokf_destructible,"wtfscim", 
[   
  (ti_on_init_scene_prop,
    [
      (store_trigger_param_1, ":bomb"),
      (scene_prop_set_hit_points, ":bomb", 1000),
      (scene_prop_set_slot, ":bomb", exploding_bomb_placed),
    ]),

(ti_on_scene_prop_destroy,
    [ (store_trigger_param_1, ":bomb"),

(play_sound, "snd_dummy_destroyed"),
      (try_for_agents, ":agents"),
      (agent_is_alive, ":agents"),
       (try_begin),
        (agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, ":agents", ":agents"),    
        (display_message, "@debug"),
       (try_end),
    ]),       

(ti_on_scene_prop_hit,
    [ 
        (store_trigger_param_1, ":bomb"),
        (try_for_agents, ":attacker_agent"),      
        (agent_get_wielded_item, ":torch", ":attacker_agent", 1),
        (assign, ":torch", "itm_torch"),
        (this_or_next|multiplayer_is_server),
	(neg|game_in_multiplayer_mode),

(try_begin),
       (neg|agent_has_item_equipped, ":attacker_agent", ":torch"),
       (neg|multiplayer_is_server),
       (scene_prop_get_hit_points, ":hit_points", ":bomb"),
       (val_add, ":hit_points", 1000),
       (display_message, "@debugheal"),
      (else_try),
       (agent_has_item_equipped, ":attacker_agent", ":torch"),
       (scene_prop_get_hit_points, ":hit_points", ":bomb"),
       (val_sub, ":hit_points", 1500),
       (le, ":hit_points", 0),
       (neg|multiplayer_is_server),
       (play_sound, "snd_dummy_destroyed"),
       (display_message, "@debugattack"),
       (particle_system_burst, "psys_dummy_smoke", pos1, 3),
       (particle_system_burst, "psys_dummy_straw", pos1, 10),
      (try_end),      
    ]),
  ]),

I can't see a mistake, but I'm not really good in scripting too.  :wink:
But where is the name of this sceneprob? I only see 1 name at the start, and I think that this is the mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom