Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so... how does TW add the extra text to books, and can I add similar text to say..boots, armor, gloves, and a helmet? I'm trying to make item sets and such without ModMerger (which I know how to do, I just need to tell people what the benefits are of getting the set through text), and really need to know

Okay, so I've added a couple of items to the game, but how do I make them appear in shops? Thanks for the help in advance!

Hello.
Is there an operation to cancel attacks :?:

I want to write a trigger which should cancel bow attacks after some seconds.
But I cant find an operation to do this. I only found this:
Code:
 (agent_set_attack_action, <agent_id>, <value>, <value>), #value: 0 = thrust, 1 = slashright, 2 = slashleft, 3 = overswing - second value 0 = ready and release, 1 = ready and hold
(agent_set_defend_action, <agent_id>, <value>, <duration-in-1/1000-seconds>), #value_1: 0 = defend_down, 1 = defend_right, 2 = defend_left, 3 = defend_up
Can the "agent_set_defend_action" be used to cancel bow attacks :?:

How do I make it so that my multiplayer troops are like single player troops? I want it so that faces are predetermined and weapons, armor, and everything are as well. I want to make it like Mount and Musket. Do they restrict the faces/gender in that mod?

I also want to enable single player items in multiplayer like in CRPG and other vanilla servers. I think all I have to do is edit lines in the module_items or something. It's not working from what I've experimented. Will learning Python help me with this or is this just the module system language?

_Sebastian_ said:
Hello.
Unequip the bow and equip it again.
NovaTitan said:
How do I make it so that my multiplayer troops are like single player troops? I want it so that faces are predetermined and weapons, armor, and everything are as well. I want to make it like Mount and Musket. Do they restrict the faces/gender in that mod?

I also want to enable single player items in multiplayer like in CRPG and other vanilla servers. I think all I have to do is edit lines in the module_items or something. It's not working from what I've experimented. Will learning Python help me with this or is this just the module system language?
Multiplayer troop faces are overriden by the ones in your profile engine-side. What you can do, however, is spawn another agent and use player_control_agent instead of player_spawn_new_agent. You don't need to learn Python except to debug compilation issues - changing equipment availability is copy-pasting lines in module_scripts to call script_multiplayer_set_item_available_for_troop with the appropriate parameters.

The item I've add (a janissary hat) appears like it's brightly lit in a white room anywhere I have it. Is there a reason for this? And how can I fix it?

I used Yoshiboy's method of adding items via wings3d........
However the shader in openBRF is simple_shader

Somebody said:
_Sebastian_ said:
Hello.
Unequip the bow and equip it again.
NovaTitan said:

Multiplayer troop faces are overriden by the ones in your profile engine-side. What you can do, however, is spawn another agent and use player_control_agent instead of player_spawn_new_agent. You don't need to learn Python except to debug compilation issues - changing equipment availability is copy-pasting lines in module_scripts to call script_multiplayer_set_item_available_for_troop with the appropriate parameters.

Thank you very much. I think I can figure it out from here. As for the faces, part. I'll try that one later when this mod works out or not. After all, it's more in the concept stages as of yet. Just need to modify troops first, 'fore I get around to faces.

Edit: I tried working around it, but the best I could do was to disable weapons and change them around with module_troops and module_scripts, but I can't make the items from the slots. I can't prevent people from buying the weapons unless I put gold and combat bonus at 0, which is a good enough workaround, but I want to make it so that when you click on the slots, you don't see other weapons.

Also, after having deleted lines in call scripts for multiplayer troops, I started getting the option for nordic weapons for the khergits.

What is the point of binding villages to castles and towns? Can I just assign villages manually to factions and disable the bounding script?

Thanks

JuJu70 said:
What is the point of binding villages to castles and towns? Can I just assign villages manually to factions and disable the bounding script?

Thanks
Binding villages both governs what faction the village goes to (so that it moves with the faction of the capture-able walled center) and various economy functions (tells villagers where to trade, is where a castle gets its income, etc).

So, if you do this, check ever place that slot is used in the module system and prepared to rewrite/rework that code.

So, if you do this, check ever place that slot is used in the module system and prepared to rewrite/rework that code.

Right, I saw that. But besides that, there is no "requirement" for villages to be bound,right?  Other than figuring out how to transfer them if the castle or town is captured.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9IMUQPbts&feature=youtu.be

So I am trying to get my particle to line up, I need it to be at the Pan, And is uses same location as the Particle smoke that shoots up from the pan, I do not know why, But whenever I move the position, it either doesn't move or disapears..
Code:
(particle_system_burst, "psys_pan_flash", pos1, 15),(position_move_y, pos1,65)])]],

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom