Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping no one would see that post before I was able to take it down.  Was a super foolish error on my part!  Thank you for being helpful though!

Hi !
I want to learn module_dialogs. For a first try, i change :

[anyone|plyr,"member_talk", [], "What can you tell me about your skills?", "view_member_char_request",[]],
  [anyone,"view_member_char_requested", [], "All right, let me tell you...", "do_member_view_char",[(change_screen_view_character)]],

[anyone,"do_member_view_char", [], "Anything else?", "member_talk",[]],

by

[anyone|plyr,"member_talk", [], "What can you tell me about your skills?", "member_talk",[]],
    # [anyone,"view_member_char_requested", [], "All right, let me tell you...", "do_member_view_char",[(change_screen_view_character)]],

# [anyone,"do_member_view_char", [], "Anything else?", "member_talk",[]],

If I understand, when i talk to a soldier in my party, i can't ask him to view skills. But there's no effect. Why ????
PS : the problem is not module_system : when i change an other file, the game si rellay changed

bisthebis25 said:
Hi !
I want to learn module_dialogs. For a first try, i change :

...stuff...
If I understand, when i talk to a soldier in my party, i can't ask him to view skills. But there's no effect. Why ????
PS : the problem is not module_system : when i change an other file, the game si rellay changed
Go through some tutorials first, like these two:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142422.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56798.0.html
You can't just change stuff without some understanding what you are doing.

Also try to explain what are you trying to accomplish.
Assuming you were trying to shorten the dialog:
    [anyone|plyr,"member_talk", [], "What can you tell me about your skills?", "member_talk",[(change_screen_view_character)]],
    # [anyone,"view_member_char_requested", [], "All right, let me tell you...", "do_member_view_char",[(change_screen_view_character)]],

# [anyone,"do_member_view_char", [], "Anything else?", "member_talk",[]],

If you were trying to remove the skill dialog and screen, then you somehow failed to build the module to the correct location (specified in module_info.py). See the second tutorial link about that.

I got a small problem: A long time ago I made some changes to various presentations. I seem to have messed up something there, resulting in many "usage of unassigned local variable ":cur_y"" errors. I know what that error means, taht is not my problem. My problem is finding the presentation that is messed up. How yould I do it? Already tried it ingame, but there are no problems that I could see.

No, it does not. And I now found the presentation that is messed up: The normal menu you get when you press "escape", but only when you are not logged in as Admin. I looked into the code for that menu but there is nothing that could mess that up and especially nothing with ":cur_y" beeing not assigned.

For Items, I can simply put "PrintItems[1]" or however it was correctly in the process_items.py and it prints me all the item names so I can see where the error ist. Is there any possiblity to do something like that for the presentations?

Compare the file with a previous version that worked (I use WinMerge). You keep backup copies, right?
Or, if you don't, compare it with Native or wherever it came from.

Back in the M&B days, there was the "Form Ranks" kit for some amazing formations. Since I've moved to warband, are there any new formation kits available?

Secondly, are there animations in which the idle position when holding a spear is similar to that of an Alexandrian phalanx?

izaktj said:
Back in the M&B days, there was the "Form Ranks" kit for some amazing formations. Since I've moved to warband, are there any new formation kits available?
motomataru's formations kit--you can find it in the OSP section searching for "formations", or the more recent version is integrated into my PBOD kit.

Thanks, do you release the current non-WSE module system?

Now assorted questions.

I have my own faction (Haven't joined any other) and I get swadian knights, even though my mini-mod has soldiers from the "player" faction. Is there a way to have player faction guards instead of swadians or do I need to create a new faction?

izaktj said:
Thanks, do you release the current non-WSE module system?
It is included in the 0.92 non-WSE installer, yes. The formations code won't be quite as up-to-date, I don't think.

izaktj said:
I have my own faction (Haven't joined any other) and I get swadian knights, even though my mini-mod has soldiers from the "player" faction. Is there a way to have player faction guards instead of swadians or do I need to create a new faction?
Guards should be set-up in module_game_menus "town" in the relevant menu options, and in script_enter_court Check the coding there.

I suppose this is easy but could not find in module system. As you all know when the player enters to the tournament master scene, two npcs fight in the arena. I'd like to increase their number (and maybe edit them) however I do not know where it is coded..

Gergin Adam said:
I suppose this is easy but could not find in module system. As you all know when the player enters to the tournament master scene, two npcs fight in the arena. I'd like to increase their number (and maybe edit them) however I do not know where it is coded..
Likely here, mission_templates.py, lines 1158-9:
      (assign, "$g_mt_mode", abm_visit),
      (set_jump_mission, "mt_arena_melee_fight"),
      (party_get_slot, ":arena_scene", "$current_town", slot_town_arena),
      (modify_visitors_at_site, ":arena_scene"),
      (reset_visitors),
      (set_visitor, 35, "trp_veteran_fighter"),
      (set_visitor, 36, "trp_hired_blade"),

(set_jump_entry, 50),
      (jump_to_scene, ":arena_scene"),

To create more, set more visitors at spawn points. See the beginning of arena_melee_fight for which spawns are on which team.

Edit: and in game menus too - this is the correct one, the previous code works only between training battles:
      "Enter the arena.",
      [
          (try_begin),
            (this_or_next|eq,"$all_doors_locked",1),
            (eq,"$town_nighttime",1),
            (display_message,"str_door_locked",0xFFFFAAAA),
          (else_try),
            (assign, "$g_mt_mode", abm_visit),
            (assign, "$town_entered", 1),
            (set_jump_mission, "mt_arena_melee_fight"),
            (party_get_slot, ":arena_scene", "$current_town", slot_town_arena),
            (modify_visitors_at_site, ":arena_scene"),