Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh! Madmin question!

Well, the problem is either as Caba described or there's a mix up in the events script. Did you copy the whole madmin_server_common check, or just the part for the cheer?

On a related note, that reminds me, I have to post something.

Wu-long said:
When Modeling how do I know what size is the correct size for it to be in-game? For example I'm making a sword how will know how big will it be in game? Or a house and etc? Also where do you guys' get your textures? I'm modeling via google sketch.

Bump.

Hello again,

I poked around with troop tiers some more, but have not had any success; however I did add new party templates just fine.

I am almost positive my problem with adding a new troop tier is coming from the constants module. I have changed to number (after the, blah blah  = #) several times (once to 46, then 300, then 40). However, none of them work and all of them simply make the tier troop produce the player troop when I go to recruit.

Is it even possible to add new troop tiers? Will adding them require some sort of hack?

Wu-long said:
Wu-long said:
When Modeling how do I know what size is the correct size for it to be in-game? For example I'm making a sword how will know how big will it be in game? Or a house and etc? Also where do you guys' get your textures? I'm modeling via google sketch.

Bump.

Select a native model and compare with yours, for example you are modelling a sword. Finish your model, export as .obj and put to OpenBRF. Place the native nord sword next to yours and compare. That's all :smile: You can resize and rotate your models in OpenBRF.

About texture, I am making my own textures or editing native textures. They do not look professional but enough for me.

I'm trying to make a code to limit armours to race type so if you are not a certain race you can not use a certain armour or helmet etc

Here is what I have got so far but not got it to work yet

["skeleton_norm", "Skeleton Body", [("skeleton_body",0)],  itp_merchandise|itp_type_body_armor |itp_civilian |itp_covers_legs |itp_civilian,0, 450 , weight(7)|abundance(150)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(27)|leg_armor(10)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_none , [], [fac_kingdom_6],
  [ (ti_on_init_item,
        [
            (store_trigger_param_2, ":trp"),
            (eq, ":trp", "trp_player"),
            (troop_get_type, ":type", "trp_player"),
            (try_begin),
                (this_or_next|eq, ":type", 0),
                (this_or_next|eq, ":type", 1),
                (eq, ":type", 2),     
                    (troop_get_inventory_slot, ":body", "trp_player", ek_body),
                    (eq, ":body", "itm_skeleton_norm"),
                    (set_show_messages, 0),
                    (troop_remove_item, "trp_player", ":itm"),
                    (troop_add_item, "trp_player", "itm_skeleton_norm"),
                    (set_show_messages, 1),
                    (display_message, "@You can't use this armour."),
                (try_end),
            (try_end),
        ]),
    ],
],

can anyone help me out please.

xPearse said:
Hi there, I was wondering how to make the games fire bigger so it could obsecure scenary and stuff kinda like in these images but maybe not that big. The fire normally in the scene props is very small and doesnt give off any smoke so if any of you could help then please do.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/vlc2011120514141859.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/vlc2012011222295382.png/

Oh yea and also I looked at a couple of other mods for mount and blade and the shader they used for clothing using bump maps was dot3 and yea it works.

Um guys, anyone. I know I would have to edit the stuff like the way I did for the gun flash effect but I don't know exactly what to do so if someone could help me, I'd be thankful.

Muffin Raider said:
Hello again,

I poked around with troop tiers some more, but have not had any success; however I did add new party templates just fine.

I am almost positive my problem with adding a new troop tier is coming from the constants module. I have changed to number (after the, blah blah  = #) several times (once to 46, then 300, then 40). However, none of them work and all of them simply make the tier troop produce the player troop when I go to recruit.

Is it even possible to add new troop tiers? Will adding them require some sort of hack?
module_constants.py:
after:
Code:
slot_faction_tier_1_troop         = 41
slot_faction_tier_2_troop         = 42
slot_faction_tier_3_troop         = 43
slot_faction_tier_4_troop         = 44
slot_faction_tier_5_troop         = 45
add:
slot_faction_tier_6_troop        = 46

module_scripts.py:
search for:
Code:
	  # Cultures:
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_troop_name"),
There you will add a new troop tier for each faction:
after the fifth thier:
Code:
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_troop_name_5"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_6_troop, "trp_new_troop"), #Your new troop
Lower you have this code:
Code:
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, ":troop"),
add this to your code:
Code:
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_6_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_6_troop, ":troop"),
Then it should be fine

Hey everyone,

I'm getting an invalid syntax error on my strings file, which is odd.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_init.py", line 2, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
  File "D:\NMC Source Files\process_operations.py", line 8, in <module>
    from module_strings import *
  File "D:\NMC Source Files\module_strings.py", line 4908
    ]
    ^
Press any key to exit. . .

Normally, this means I've left a bracket open somewhere that the last one is connecting with. The "]" listed here is at the end of my strings file, and it shows that it connects to the one at the beginning of the file, so I'm somewhat lost as to what could be the reason it's getting an error.

I went through the file to find any open brackets, which were none. I also did the same for commas and parentheses.

Any ideas?

<3

CR

xPearse said:
xPearse said:
Hi there, I was wondering how to make the games fire bigger so it could obsecure scenary and stuff kinda like in these images but maybe not that big. The fire normally in the scene props is very small and doesnt give off any smoke so if any of you could help then please do.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/vlc2011120514141859.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/vlc2012011222295382.png/

Oh yea and also I looked at a couple of other mods for mount and blade and the shader they used for clothing using bump maps was dot3 and yea it works.

Um guys, anyone. I know I would have to edit the stuff like the way I did for the gun flash effect but I don't know exactly what to do so if someone could help me, I'd be thankful.

Hey xPearce,

You'll want to look at the module_particle_systems.py file and the module_postfx.py file. Look for references to fire. You'll need to play with the colour intensity and opacity levels by adjusting the variables related to fire.

In particle_systems you'll find these, and more.

Code:
    ("torch_fire", psf_billboard_3d|psf_global_emit_dir|psf_always_emit|psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation, "prt_mesh_fire_1",
     50, 0.35, 0.2, 0.03, 10.0, 0.0,     #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.5, 0.8), (1, 0),        #alpha keys
     (0.5, 1.0), (1, 0.9),      #red keys
     (0.5, 0.7),(1, 0.3),       #green keys
     (0.5, 0.2), (1, 0.0),      #blue keys
     (0, 0.15),   (0.4, 0.3),   #scale keys
     (0.04, 0.04, 0.01),      #emit box size
     (0, 0, 0.5),               #emit velocity
     0.0,                       #emit dir randomness
     200,                       #rotation speed
     0.5                        #rotation damping
    ),
    ("fire_glow_1", psf_billboard_3d|psf_global_emit_dir|psf_always_emit, "prt_mesh_fire_2",
     2, 0.55, 0.2, 0.0, 10.0, 0.0,     #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.5, 0.9), (1, 0),          #alpha keys
     (0.0, 0.9), (1, 0.9),      #red keys
     (0.0, 0.7),(1, 0.7),       #green keys
     (0.0, 0.4), (1, 0.4),      #blue keys
     (0, 2),   (1.0, 2),        #scale keys
     (0.0, 0.0, 0.0),           #emit box size
     (0, 0, 0),                 #emit velocity
    ),

("fire_glow_fixed", psf_billboard_3d|psf_global_emit_dir, "prt_mesh_fire_2",
     4, 100.0, 0.2, 0.0, 10.0, 0.0,     #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (-0.01, 1.0), (1, 1.0),          #alpha keys
     (0.0, 0.9), (1, 0.9),      #red keys
     (0.0, 0.7),(1, 0.7),       #green keys
     (0.0, 0.4), (1, 0.4),      #blue keys
     (0, 2),   (1.0, 2),        #scale keys
     (0.0, 0.0, 0.0),           #emit box size
     (0, 0, 0),                 #emit velocity
    ),

The postfx file has some global shaders and such stored in it. Be careful editing it, as it could wind up creating rather garish looking colour combinations. Just keep a back up of previous files and adjust it.

Hope that helps.

<3

CR

Thanks Seek n Destroy and somebody for the help. It turns out I forgot these codes in the scripts module.
Seek n Destroy said:
Lower you have this code:
Code:
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, ":troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, ":troop"),
add this to your code:
Code:
        (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_6_troop),
        (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_6_troop, ":troop"),
Then it should be fine

I did not even know that that code exists. It all appears to work fine now. Thank you again for your help.

Thanks celestialred, I knew to use the module particles and stuff but wanted to know if someon has done a raging fire or smoke already and then I could just copy that for use as either. I'll just fiddle around and end up getting what I want sometime in the future but yea thanks anyhow.

P.S. You spelt my name wrong but even people where I live spell it wrong, not annoyed or anything but just saying.

Hi all.
So my question is the following : How do you stop an animation A.k.a i have a musket it has all the reload animations and so on. but it has a bug where you have to finish Reloading before you can stab/slash/swing in Melee mode.
Help?

xPearse said:
Thanks celestialred, I knew to use the module particles and stuff but wanted to know if someon has done a raging fire or smoke already and then I could just copy that for use as either. I'll just fiddle around and end up getting what I want sometime in the future but yea thanks anyhow.

P.S. You spelt my name wrong but even people where I live spell it wrong, not annoyed or anything but just saying.

Sorry about that :smile: I've done it before, I think.

In your module_scene_props file, you'll find a number of "effects" you can build your large fire.

Code:
  ("cooking_fire",0,"fire_floor","0",
   [
   (ti_on_scene_prop_init,
    [
        (set_position_delta,0,0,12),
        (particle_system_add_new, "psys_cooking_fire_1"),
        (particle_system_add_new, "psys_fire_sparks_1"),
        (particle_system_add_new, "psys_cooking_smoke"),
        (set_position_delta,0,0,50),
        (particle_system_add_new, "psys_fire_glow_1"),
        (particle_system_emit, "psys_fire_glow_1",9000000),
    ]),
   ]),

By scaling up the size, and playing with particle effects, you can create a massive bonfire or something of that scale.  I've used various things to adjust our fire effects.

<3

CR

Wu-long said:
Wu-long said:
Anyone? :eek:

I answered you. Not paying attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom