Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody said:
ti_on_missile_hit trigger - you get the position where it hit (pos1) and the agent that threw the item (trigger param1). You already know the item id since the trigger is under its own entry in module_items.

And for identity or delete it from the world?

So is there a way around the hardcoded number of sounds that mount and blade can handle.  I know its something like 256 but is it possible to get more than that because I was looking to have like almost 1000 different sound files or more.

xPearse said:
So is there a way around the hardcoded number of sounds that mount and blade can handle.  I know its something like 256 but is it possible to get more than that because I was looking to have like almost 1000 different sound files or more.
A single sound identifier (like snd_fart) can have max 256 sound files (i.e. different sound variants). You can have infinite sounds, because you can have infinite identifiers. Check out some major mods - they do have more than 1000 sound files.

Hey, has anyone yet found a way to rescale agent in multiplayer, make it smaller or taller?

I am trying to add Swadian Child class, and this is an example of my unsuccessful attempt to resize agent:
Code:
(player_get_troop_id, ":player_troop", ":player_no"),
				(eq, ":player_troop", "trp_swadian_child_multiplayer"),
				 (agent_get_position,pos9,":agent"),
				 (position_get_scale_z,reg0,pos9),
				 (server_add_message_to_log, "@Z scale {reg0}"),
				 (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
				 #(assign,":scaling",0.50),
				 #(convert_to_fixed_point, ":scaling"),
				 (position_set_scale_x,pos9,500),
				 (position_set_scale_y,pos9,500),
				 (position_set_scale_z,pos9,500),
				 (agent_set_position,":agent",pos9),
position_set_scale_ never seems to work with living agents, any thoughts on this?

...That's not how it works. Agent scales are based on the race/gender of its troop template, so you need to define a new race and make a corresponding entry in module_skins with the scale factor lowered. Unfortunately, multiplayer only allows you to pick from male and female, so you would need to spawn a new agent and use player_control_agent along with a way of giving that agent the player's chosen equipment, since the conventional way of spawning would force the troop's gender to match those of the player profile.

Somebody said:
Unfortunately, multiplayer only allows you to pick from male and female, so you would need to spawn a new agent and use player_control_agent along with a way of giving that agent the player's chosen equipment, since the conventional way of spawning would force the troop's gender to match those of the player profile.
No, it's impossible to do in vanilla Warband (because the netcode only uses 1 bit for skin).

No, it's impossible to do in vanilla Warband (because the netcode only uses 1 bit for skin).
so how is that possible and what does that 1bit skin define about Mp- charakter? It works With th WSE?
Igot this for mission_tempelate from Bad Idea:
Code:
(try_begin),
   (this_or_next|eq, ":player_troop", "trp_your 1st_great_fantasy _race_troop"),  #Rename for the special troop 
           (this_or_next|eq,":player_troop","trp_another_great_fantasy _race_troop"),
        (this_or_next|eq,":player_troop",....
         (eq,":player_troop","trp_your_last_great_fantasy _race_troop"),
           (entry_point_get_position, pos1, ":entry_no"),
           (set_spawn_position, pos1),
           (spawn_agent,  ":player_troop"),
           (player_control_agent,":player_no", reg0),
           (else_try),
         #Races ffs

(player_spawn_new_agent, ":player_no", ":entry_no"),
         (try_end),

and for me alone it worked in dedicated server, with height sound and such.
The only problem i had was they cant buy equip.

Somebody said:
...That's not how it works. Agent scales are based on the race/gender of its troop template, so you need to define a new race and make a corresponding entry in module_skins with the scale factor lowered. Unfortunately, multiplayer only allows you to pick from male and female, so you would need to spawn a new agent and use player_control_agent along with a way of giving that agent the player's chosen equipment, since the conventional way of spawning would force the troop's gender to match those of the player profile.

Thank you very much. You answered my question compleately. I am amazed and grateful.
What I am now curious about is wether this change would be visible on clients who are native and don't have any additional mods installed, as I strive to keep all visual changes on server native friendly. In short, would changes made in module_skins exist on vanila native client versions?
If i find time to try this out before someone answers, I'll post results here.

Krafter said:
Somebody said:

Thank you very much. You answered my question compleately. I am amazed and grateful.
What I am now curious about is wether this change would be visible on clients who are native and don't have any additional mods installed, as I strive to keep all visual changes on server native friendly. In short, would changes made in module_skins exist on vanila native client versions?
If i find time to try this out before someone answers, I'll post results here.
No, clients will need to have modded skins.txt to see the changes. But then, as I said above, more than 2 skins in multiplayer is not possible anyway because of technical limitations.

Hey everyone,

I'm writing to ask how to creating blood splatters and perhaps some effects using the blood particle effects. I'm looking to do this without a weapon, just fists and kicks. I know that you can use a ti_on_weapon_attack for various things, but I'm unsure how to go about this without a weapon. Any suggestions? I rather appreciate it.

<3

CR

:S. If the trigger doesn't trigger, it would be nearly impossible...

Edit:

You can check the animation.

If head hit animation
      Blood
    If body hit animation
      Blood
    If leg hit animation
      Blood'

etc... if the exact position would be impossible to find + blood stains should be hard too.

celestialred said:
Hey everyone,

I'm writing to ask how to creating blood splatters and perhaps some effects using the blood particle effects. I'm looking to do this without a weapon, just fists and kicks. I know that you can use a ti_on_weapon_attack for various things, but I'm unsure how to go about this without a weapon. Any suggestions? I rather appreciate it.

<3

CR
(particle_system_add_new, "psys_game_blood"),
on ti_on_agent_hit. Check if the weapon used is -1 and the attacker agent is unmounted human. Use the hit position to place the particle system. But it won't draw splatted blood on body, face and armor.

Ok, I made a code for the mission_templates, but I get some Error messages. What' wrong?

Code:
rpg_mode       = (ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded, 0, 0, [],

[(store_trigger_param_1, ":dead_agent"),
                 (try_begin),
                (store_random_in_range, ":random_entry_point", 2, 20 ),
                 (entry_point_get_position, pos1, ":random_entry_point"),
                 (set_spawn_position, pos1),
                  (spawn_agent,"trp_rev"),
               (try_end),
                 ]),

EDIT: OK, forget it, I found the Error, it was an earlier version of the script I forgot to delete which was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom