Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the stupid question, but how the hell do you start a presentation form a menu in WB? I took some of my codes from 1.011 - the menu options look like this:
Code:
	("soldier", [(eq, "$character_gender", tf_male)],
        "Soldier.",
       [(assign, "$g_preview_class", cl_soldier),
		(start_presentation, "prsnt_class_preview")]),
In 1.011, this started the presentation. In WB, the presentaiton is not started. Is it only a problem of my mod or I have to return to map or something?

EDIT: Please ignore this, the presentation was buggy.

EDIT 2: Real question. Can someone tell me more about the non-working Debug mode? I'd just like to know more about it.

EDIT 3: A REAL question. Can I start a presentation in the middle of a dialogue?

Lumos said:
EDIT 3: A REAL question. Can I start a presentation in the middle of a dialogue?
No idea. However for this kind of questions, trying it out for yourself is usually faster than asking on the forums. :smile:

Lumos said:
If not you always can quit a dialog and restart it after the end of a presentation.

Check header_operations.py file, it's your best friend for such questions. :smile:

For this case, the answer is start_mission_conversation.

I'm trying to make certain people have a proficiency in firearms, but there's no firearm proficiency listed. I know there's one hidden somewhere but I don't know how to make it active or how to give it to people. Can I just add a wp_firearms and have it work that way or do I need to do something fancy?

Firearms proficiency is always there, just hidden. To enable firearms proficiency in the mod, change the line in module.ini

display_wp_firearms = 0

Lumos said:
And how can I start a dialogue programmatically with aperson while I'm on the scene where he also is?

Lav said:
Check header_operations.py file, it's your best friend for such questions. :smile:

If there are several agents with same troop you may switch to certain agent using set_conversation_speaker_agent.

Rongar said:
Lumos said:
And how can I start a dialogue programmatically with aperson while I'm on the scene where he also is?
Lav said:

If there are several agents with same troop you may switch to certain agent using set_conversation_speaker_agent.
Big thanks to both of you. I thought about start_conversation, but I wasn't sure.

Where in the mission templates for towns and so on are the town walkers spawned? I need something like this for multiplayer and i already found several scripts witht he town walkers, tick_town_walkers, set_town_walker_destination and init_town_walker_agents but no script or somnething where they are spawned. Or did i miss something.

Lav said:
Firearms proficiency is always there, just hidden. To enable firearms proficiency in the mod, change the line in module.ini

display_wp_firearms = 0

Ah, thanks.

I have another question. Is it possible to have a straight and single beam coming from a weapon, like a laser?

Well, but that would not make any visual effect. But i can't help with that, I'm not very experineced with particle systems and so on.

Can anyone tell me how i can make bots in multiplayer attack noone? The players should be able to attack them, but they shall not be able to do anything except from walking around (I think I have something for making them walk around, that should be no problem I hope) It is for deathmatch mode if that is important. (For a copy of deathmatch mode were i make some changes to be exactly)

But a tazer isn't insta kill... You would want to use a "ti_on_missile_hit" trigger on the gun to make a tazer, but to make a straight beam, listen to ikaguia

Hello, i'm new guy here and i need help with adding new troops, i managed to make few troops and adding them to a faction but i don't know how to get them recruited from villages or towns, i will be  very grateful if you help me with this :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom