Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadocComadrin said:
I have a question about game_receive_url_response (Or whatever it is). I know the basics of it, but how does the game handle incoming data to pass it off to this script? Is it just a simple http responses? Would I be safe feeding the game unsolicited responses, ie responses that I generate spontaneously without the game's send_url_message sending a request first?
I don't know about you guys, but it's a new page for me.

MadocComadrin said:
I have a question about game_receive_url_response (Or whatever it is). I know the basics of it, but how does the game handle incoming data to pass it off to this script? Is it just a simple http responses? Would I be safe feeding the game unsolicited responses, ie responses that I generate spontaneously without the game's send_url_message sending a request first?

(X) Trigger opcode › Open Socket in port 80 › HTTP Query + GET › KEEPS THE SOCKET OPEN UNTIL TIMEOUT (~30 secs?) › Once the XHTML response is received the Socket is closed › The Data is Parsed in Sub-Strings › Hook the in-game hardwired function, etc...

That's how request works. If I'm not wrong the port isn't actively listening. You can try doing a
Code:
netstat -a
for further experimentation.
Are you happy now?  :smile:

Anyone else experience the engine sometimes simply choose not to fire the consequences block of a mission templates trigger, even though the conditions block passes?

I am seeing this from time to time with my Pre-Battle Orders...with debug messages on, it is clear that the conditions block passes, but the consequences block simply does not fire at all. Might this have something to do with the proximity to spawn time?

Any bright ideas of how to deal with the engine failing to do its job?

Well, if something similar happens to me I usually remind myself that this is out of logic and after a successful bughunt I've been right usually. But sometimes it seems that too many triggers fire at the same time and with a small change at when a trigger fires I had success as well. .... just an idea.

Caba`drin said:
Anyone else experience the engine sometimes simply choose not to fire the consequences block of a mission templates trigger, even though the conditions block passes?

I am seeing this from time to time with my Pre-Battle Orders...with debug messages on, it is clear that the conditions block passes, but the consequences block simply does not fire at all. Might this have something to do with the proximity to spawn time?

Any bright ideas of how to deal with the engine failing to do its job?

The mission triggers sometimes behave in a strange way, at least in the original, when you have a bunch of them (I'm talking about more than ~60 trigs...) the conditional blocks start to fail, or are directly launched at the start of the level.

Something that specially bugs me is victory block. The 'native' (unchanged) message of "Press Tab to exit" appears continuously in the land battles. Although when you happily press it, the game asks you about retire of the battle.

I think it depends of the compilation, or moreover, the triggering time. When you have various ones which are fired at the same time.
Don't know if this is still in Warband (Hope not) but this is one of the most annoying things when coding SWC.

Swyter said:
The mission triggers sometimes behave in a strange way, at least in the original, when you have a bunch of them (I'm talking about more than ~60 trigs...) the conditional blocks start to fail, or are directly launched at the start of the level.
My lead charge has 80 triggers currently, and I'm experiencing about what you describe, but only in 1 set of related triggers.
I've worked around it by adding some more delays in those troubled triggers. So far, that is working.

Hi, ppl.

I'm being sucked into this module thing  :shock:

Is it possible to remove all blood from the armor/face/etc of a character if he goes into water? (ie. Like washing himself).

If there's an easy way to do it because I realize it's a silly idea  :wink:

Sir Lacy said:
Is it possible to remove all blood from the armor/face/etc of a character if he goes into water? (ie. Like washing himself).
Umm no.  Isn't silly. But can't be done. :wink:

As much as you could do is an ugly hack:
Replace the entire armor parts of the player when it touches the water. For example, when he is at vertical position
Code:
(Z)
But I don't know if the game re-drawns those parts in this case.

Stay accustomed to hacks because in the M&B Modding Scene we use them constantly.  :smile:

Sir Lacy said:
Killing and respawning player agent at the same position might work. Although it would also remove stuck arrows and such

I have a few weird wings problems that just suddenly started happening,

First, whenever I click a vertices, my mouse jumps an inch in a random direction which is making it really really hard to select things. I know this is not a mouse problem because I tested it on various other programs and it worked fine.

Second, I am no longer able to drag the mouse over points, faces or lines to select them all because if I do that now it moves the whole model. Yes, the whole model, even if I just select 1 vertices and then try to drag the mouse over other points, it moves the whole thing, not just the vertices. I think this may be a problem with the controls.

I really don't know how to fix this and help would be appreciated.

Somebody said:
You can use agent_un/equip_item on a piece of armor for the same effect (removal of blood and attached projectiles).
For me, agent_unequip_item doesn't work for armor, only weapons; does it work for you? It's the main bug I wish got fixed in 1.134... forgot.

I know for sure that armor meshes aren't synced automatically :wink:. I don't know what you mean by the cover_x flags, as all armor covers something; if I remember my testing results correctly, agent_unequip_item with armor on a client hosted server (like with SP) seemed to do absoutely nothing at all: report. I'm not just trying to just disprove what you said; rather I'm hoping you know a way to remove armor from an agent, showing the correct hair and skin color underneath. Jazora told me a way to remove hair (the opposite problem): just equip a full face helm first; and to remove arm guards, equip a glove item with using a mesh with invisible guards first.

itp_doesnt_cover_hair isn't updated (same flag as itp_covers_legs) - itp_covers_head (full face helms work?) and itp_covers_beard probably suffers from the same problem. If there was some way of fetching the multiplayer profile DNA (and parsing it for skin color and hair mesh/color+age) then it should be simple to apply the tableau system on the appropriate body/hair mesh and equip that as an item instead.

FrisianDude said:
Is it possible to get a village produce troops that are *not* of that faction? Would be great to simulate diverse empires. :razz:

I've often wondered this, and it seems like the easiest way would be to slot all the villages, and find the script that makes the troops produce, and then have them produce the troop assigned in the constant. 

I just have to get around to it.  :razz: 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom