Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mr.master said:
Quick question. My game always kinda crashes on to the desktop when I changed one code. It will go back to the game but its annoying. I tried to make the cartridge ammo invisible
Code:
[("cartridge_a",0),("0",ixmesh_flying_ammo)],

It always crashes with some 0 prefix or something. Any help?
It works if you name it something that doesn't exist, like cartridge_b. Alternatively, you could make a plane, give it a really small texture and set the alpha channel to completely black. The second way is actually how I did it in AoFI. :grin:

Shredzorz said:
mr.master said:
Quick question. My game always kinda crashes on to the desktop when I changed one code. It will go back to the game but its annoying. I tried to make the cartridge ammo invisible
Code:
[("cartridge_a",0),("0",ixmesh_flying_ammo)],

It always crashes with some 0 prefix or something. Any help?
It works if you name it something that doesn't exist, like cartridge_b. Alternatively, you could make a plane, give it a really small texture and set the alpha channel to completely black. The second way is actually how I did it in AoFI. :grin:
Oh D: Well, I tried naming it cartridge_b but it just spammed error messages. Maybe Ill just do a plain, and make it transperent?

It makes the game not get screwed over by an empty string. It's usually followed by registers or strings, which can be null and won't display properly. As far as I know it won't show up in-game unless it's a part of a string literal (i.e. party name). If it has any other mythical properties I wouldn't know about it.

Silver Wolf said:
Is it possible to apply some kind of filter to the whole game which would give somehow more grimy, washed out and brownish feel ?
And if yes, how ?
You can batch-process all textures. Or you can add brownish fog for all scenes via mission templates for less noticeable (and not such washed out, only brownish) effect, but  easier to put ingame.

Or you can simply tinker with your display gamma settings and such  :mrgreen:

Silver Wolf said:
GetAssista said:
You can batch-process all textures.
How can I do that ? By editing materials in brf files ?
By external graph editors, that allow batch processing of DDS files. Dunno about Photoshop, but I'm pretty sure GIMP can do batch processing

Silver Wolf said:
Edit : so it's not possible to change the color of daylight ?
Oh, yes, I forgot about daylight! Indeed it's much better than any colored fog. You should tweak skyboxes.txt in data folder, color of uniform scene lighting is there (was it made moddable in latest WB, btw?)

mine sais SyntaxError:Eol while scanning single-quoted string
Traceback<most recent call last>:
file"process_skills.py",line 3 in <module>
from module_info_import
file "C\Users\my name\desktop\module_system 1.32\module_info.py
line 5
export_dir "C/programs<x86>/steam/steam apps/common/mountblade warband/modules/my mod
and not only on process skills but every file

zemdu said:
from module_info_import
line 5
export_dir "C/programs<x86>/steam/steam apps/common/mountblade warband/modules/my mod

Check your build path in module_info. You might have messed it up.

MadocComadrin said:
zemdu said:
from module_info_import
line 5

Check your build path in module_info. You might have messed it up.

And check that the /my mod/ folder actually exists.

Is there any way to get all of the items an agent has currently equipped? (I need to tell if an agent/player (multiplayer) has more of one type of item and if they have a weapon space free)

MadocComadrin said:
Is there any way to get all of the items an agent has currently equipped? (I need to tell if an agent/player (multiplayer) has more of one type of item and if they have a weapon space free)

Might a server-side bit of code using
player_get_item_id                  = 422 # (player_get_item_id, <destination>, <player_id>, <item_slot_no>) #only for server

embedded in a try_for_range loop going through the ek_item_0 to ek_head (for weapons) or ek_food (for all equipped things) work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom