Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error?  I'm completely lost.  I commented out all the Khergit troop trees, and upgrade paths, along with taking care of everything that calls for them.  (As you can see, since there's no other errors.)

Initializing...
variables.txt not found. Creating new variables.txt file
Compiling all global variables...
variables.txt not found. Creating new variables.txt file
variable_uses.txt not found. Creating new variable_uses.txt file
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_troops.py", line 107, in <module>
    save_troops()
  File "process_troops.py", line 34, in save_troops
    file.write("\ntrp_%s %s %s %s %d %d %d %d %d %d\n  "%(convert_to_identifier(
troop[0]),replace_spaces(troop[1]),replace_spaces(troop[2]), replace_spaces(str(
troop[13])), troop[3],troop[4],troop[5], troop[6], troop[14], troop[15]))
TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not list
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

Un-commenting everything does nothing. 

Bolkonsky said:
Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error?  I'm completely lost.  I commented out all the Khergit troop trees, and upgrade paths,
Well, you obviously messed up some troop tuple in module_troops.py, it's not standard length anymore - check for , or [] or ()

I have a ridiculously bizarre problem : One of the basic terrain textures found in the built-in scene editor of version 1.101 simply disappeared. I was making some desrt terrain in a village, then I entered another, opened up the terrain texture toolbar and desert was missing from there. :sad: I didn't delete the texture from the folder or anything, so I don't understand what's going on.  :neutral: Please help, if you can.

upgrad3 is impossible. Look at upgrade and upgrade2 Python functions in header_troops.py and you'll see why.

Heres a noob question.

So, I managed to implent an item from Faradons OSP pack into the game. I found it in the stores, and bought it. Now, the weapon works fine, EXCEPT that I cant see the weapon. Its invisible. Not even the model.

So, what do I have to do in order to make the item use the correct model and texture?

I used Morghs Mod Tools thingy, btw.

helpwy.jpg

I think I did, atleast :???:

Change slot_center_improvement_end_hour which takes its value from mnu_center_improve as (cost/100)+3 days - the cost depends on the value in script_get_improvement_details and the party's engineering skills.

how do you get an bot to make an upwards block in mp? If I use agent_set_defend_action, no matter what I give as first value (between 0 and 3), the bot will always make a downwards block...

Hi, I was wondering how to make it so you can recruit troops from towns.
I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it.
Thanks.

Hello, I am a actually pretty old modder. But I lack the skills of doing it good.
I am currently making a mod, and its almost finished. Everything I need to know is,

How do I give other cities to other factions? Example giving Tulga to the faction Nords.

How do I do that? Please someone respond, I must know how to do this! I want to be a modder, and I shall learn how to become one!  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom