Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucke189 said:
Highlander said:
Lucke189 said:
Erhm, I thought that Conquest was when you have like 5 flags and the more flags you have, the more the enemies points will drop.

Like Battlefield.

That would fit perfectly for my WW1 mod.

If I could I would have one flag in each team base and then like two or three in no man's land.
The first two flags showed up at Entry point 64 and 65.

But when I placed out entry point 66,67,68 and so on, they did nothing and I'm assuming that you can't have more flags than two in conquest?
Is that correct?

Also, has anyone made a custom game mode more to what I'm describing?
Conquest with more flags.
In native there are more than two flags. No idea what you did wrong.

Hmm, I'll try again.
I did restart the scene, but maybe it didn't work or something.

Also, Highlander, aren't you involved in Hunt?
Because I noticed that in your musket reload animation, the gun position is lowered to the ground.
But wouldn't that mean that the weapon bone is moved? I thought that it's was attached to the hand bone at all times.
Is it done by a custom skeleton or how did you guys do it?  :razz:

EDIT: Are you sure that it's possible with several flags in Native Conquest?  :???:
Still nothing shows up on Entry Points 66 and higher.
I just checked, and there is no entry points for them. They just... Are there. The entrypoints 64 and 65 are for the starting flags. Im going to try on my map if I manage to get it working...

EDIT. Yup, no idea how its supposed to work. I got the 2 main flags to work... Kinda, but one of the 3 other flags shows, but doesnt work, and the rest wont work at all.

Hey, has anyone ever tried to retexture the Sarranid one-handed axes? 'Cause I just looked at the UV-map to see what bits I need to texture to get the result I want and it seems as if only the broad head is on the texutre sheet and the spike on the back and the hilt on the thing itself are outside of it. :???:

Cheers.

Would you know how to make it so each factions garrison strength is different?

*Edit* May have worked it out.

*Edit* Nope, my idea didn't work.

Question :

What shader should I use for a model with only one difuse with an alpha channel.
I need to have a very good transparency... For a volumetric light.

Like this :
29pb3wi.jpg

I don't find the good shader.

Sorry for adding to the confusion but... Do you know how I could make it so that a weapon starts as melee then changes to a ranged instead of vice versa? I've tried just using the melee first then the "civilian/next item as melee" tag to select the ranged. But if I press x it says I have no bolts and I tried having bolts...
Help me please?

@above, not sure, really. :???: A bit odd that it doesn't read the ammo properly, but what where you trying? A melee mode for crossbows?
Lord_Cheap said:
I was just wondering, do the AI know how to "press x" and change their Polearm (no shield) into a two-hander?
Not sure, again. :lol: But I am sure that I've seen npc's use their javelins and throwing spears and axes mainly as mêlée weapons.

GetAssista said:
Instead you can use vanilla "moon_beam" scene prop. It does this through particle effects

Do you know in wich BRF I can find this props ?
What is vanilla scene props ?

I absolutely need to create my own volumetric light^^

Emfromkraland said:
Do you know in wich BRF I can find this props ?
What is vanilla scene props ?

I absolutely need to create my own volumetric light^^
Go to edit mode. It's a scene prop which should be in particles_2.brf.

richguy421 said:
I'm trying to mod all small weapons to be throwable, but I dont want to accidentally throw one at the start. :???:
The AI will only switch from ranged to melee (and back again at a sufficient distance), but never between two melee weapon modes. I've made a musket start out melee and switch to ranged, but it turns out you can fire without ever having to reload, since it doesn't read ammo or number of shots per reload.

Somebody said:
The AI will only switch from ranged to melee (and back again at a sufficient distance), but never between two melee weapon modes.
So if I want the AI to use a 2h/polearm weapon as a two-hander, should I put the two hander first and polearm second?

A small one, but just to be sure... (because I'm making a ton of code based on this, and if I'm wrong, then I'm really screwed.)

If I declare in module_constants this:
Code:
ab_sprint = "script_sprint"
And call it in scripts like this:
Code:
(call_script, ab_sprint),
It should work, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom