Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i need help with adding new spawn points into the map. If someone has a thread or video that they can show me, Please pm me. Thank You.

-I Pkz I
:twisted:

It will also straighten normals which are bent....I am assuming the problem is bent normals.
It could be flipped uv map but I dont think that will cause it....

Can anyone tell me how I can use string indexes? I want on to display a string when a button is clicked (in a presentation) and this string will change every time - it will be the next one in the file.
Let's say that I've got 5 strings in module_strings. They could be:
Code:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five

I need a way to make a button show the next string when clicked. When the presentation starts, the button will show "One". When you click it, it'll show "Two". After another click, it'll show "Three" and so on, and when it shows "Five" and you click it, it'll return to the beginning and show "One".

How can I do this?

Lumos said:
Can anyone tell me how I can use string indexes? I want on to display a string when a button is clicked (in a presentation) and this string will change every time - it will be the next one in the file.
Let's say that I've got 5 strings in module_strings. They could be:
Code:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five

I need a way to make a button show the next string when clicked. When the presentation starts, the button will show "One". When you click it, it'll show "Two". After another click, it'll show "Three" and so on, and when it shows "Five" and you click it, it'll return to the beginning and show "One".

How can I do this?
Assign a local or global variable and just have a normal presentation with a button and string, then if :whatever is 1, have the button say "1", etc. If you don't even know how to do that, I cannot help you. :razz:

Anyways, I was wondering what I would do to emit a particle from a thrown weapon once it hits a character/the ground.

Anyways, I was wondering what I would do to emit a particle from a thrown weapon once it hits a character/the ground.

Try if ti_on_missle_hit works for thrown weapons. It surely works for arrows, stones and bolts in WB.
If it does not - you can't do anything

GetAssista said:

Try if ti_on_missle_hit works for thrown weapons. It surely works for arrows, stones and bolts in WB.
If it does not - you can't do anything
I never noticed there was a ti_on_missle_hit! Sir you made my day.

Barf said:
It will also straighten normals which are bent....I am assuming the problem is bent normals.
It could be flipped uv map but I dont think that will cause it....

I just let my texture with agent_shader...
I will release my mini mod soon.  :wink:

I just have to work on Ai_mesh and Entry_points !

Ruthven said:
Assign a local or global variable and just have a normal presentation with a button and string, then if :whatever is 1, have the button say "1", etc. If you don't even know how to do that, I cannot help you. :razz:

So I couldn't edit my post... I thought I had.
Here's the thing I wanted to also say: I need this for several buttons each with 12-15 strings, so it'll be a little slow to do it this way. But if there's no other way... *sigh*

How should I configure a GOOD entry point for Team Deathmatch with bots.
You know, Two teams and two different spawn place...

In this picure, did the empty slot is to set the team ? 1 for team 1 ? 2 for team 2 ?

And about Ai mesh... Here, bots are stupid and move in linear movement to kill other bots.
If I create a new AI mesh layout on each accessible part fo the citadel, is it good ?

Can I make the player invisible to enemies in M&B 1.011? The player should still be able to attack them, though.
Could this be done with teams, e.g. assigning the player to a third team that is friendly to the other two teams? If yes, how? It should be something with the agent_set_team operation, but what?

Hi.
Can anybody tell me how can I change the bonuses i get for every 1 point of attributies ?
For example i may want to swap some of them or I may want to make so that 1 str gives 2-3 hp, or 1 int gives 0.5% weapon speed or something like this

Anyone have any idea that why do my muskets "bullets" just kinda drop out from the barrel? I mean the actual shot goes far but the thing that comes out of if, it just goes like few meters and drops. it looks stupid D: Any help? So even though it drops, the actual shot goes onwards.

streetdog said:
Do u know where it's coded ?
Hard-coded means that you can't change it no matter where/if it's coded.

Lumos said:
Can I make the player invisible to enemies in M&B 1.011? The player should still be able to attack them, though.
Could this be done with teams, e.g. assigning the player to a third team that is friendly to the other two teams? If yes, how? It should be something with the agent_set_team operation, but what?
*bump*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom