Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dookie-boy said:
Hi, I'm trying to add new loadouts to the default ones on the multiplayer troop selection menu, as me and my friends like to play with bots but would like our own character to feel more unique. Problem is I can't find much about multiplayer modding. I have everything ready (ModSys and module) and I'm comfortable with Python.

So my very noobish questions are:

1) Would all players need to use the module, or is this more of a server-side thing? Does it even need to be a module?

2) Where in the files can I modify these multiplayer-related variables?

Thanks in advance.
What exactly are you trying to do? Changing the equipment of the bots or the one of the players?

1) If it is Native-compatible, that means no new stuff added, your friends don't need the module, only the server.
2) module_troops is the place you have to look for the default items.

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
What exactly are you trying to do? Changing the equipment of the bots or the one of the players?

So when you get into a match you can choose between three loadouts (cavalry, infantry, archer). I'd like to either add new custom loadouts that players can choose from, or somehow let the players choose their equipment with no "class" restrictions. Bots should stay the same.

So in essence this is about adding more options to the multiplayer spawn menu, and these options should be available to any player that joins.

dookie-boy said:
[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:

So when you get into a match you can choose between three loadouts (cavalry, infantry, archer). I'd like to either add new custom loadouts that players can choose from, or somehow let the players choose their equipment with no "class" restrictions. Bots should stay the same.

So in essence this is about adding more options to the multiplayer spawn menu, and these options should be available to any player that joins.
First, make better use of this forum here: There is a whole documentation and tutorial section through which you can skip and find informations: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,171.0.html
Second, this tutorial here is about adding a new faction but you can jump that part and just read about the new unit creation:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116286.0.html

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
First, make better use of this forum here: There is a whole documentation and tutorial section through which you can skip and find informations: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,171.0.html
Second, this tutorial here is about adding a new faction but you can jump that part and just read about the new unit creation:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116286.0.html

Ah sorry, it seems my search skill is not high enough. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

How do I add a new general-type npc to the tavern? One that spawns at random, like the travellers, minstrels, ransom brokers, etc.
I followed the formula from this topic - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=275550.0 - and the npc appears now, but it seems that I need to add a separate entry to mod_game_menus, namely, here...
            (try_begin),
              (call_script, "script_init_new_pnjtavern"),       
            (eq, "$pnj_tavern_new26", 1),     
            (set_visitor, ":cur_entry", "trp_tavern_npc1"),
              (val_add, ":cur_entry", 1),
                    (try_end),
...because otherwise, they always spawn together, whereas I want them to spawn individually.

Corbul said:
...because otherwise, they always spawn together, whereas I want them to spawn individually.

tavern is a scene. It has entry points (EP). The NPCs use those EP as their spawn position (the XYZ coordinates). That is why the script adds +1 when you add a new NPC

NPC #1 use EP #20
NPC #2 use EP #21

(a example)

check your tavern scene to see how many EP you have and where they are located. Which ones are in use and which ones are free.

kalarhan said:
Corbul said:

tavern is a scene. It has entry points (EP). The NPCs use those EP as their spawn position (the XYZ coordinates). That is why the script adds +1 when you add a new NPC

NPC #1 use EP #20
NPC #2 use EP #21

(a example)

check your tavern scene to see how many EP you have and where they are located. Which ones are in use and which ones are free.
But aren't EP's assigned randomly to npcs at the tavern? Every time I enter a tavern, the npcs there switch places, except for the tavern keeper.

I'm trying to make a new overland map for warband, but I find all the pre-made rivers and mountains on the regular map are annoying to replace.
Is there any way that I could start out with a blank map that I could edit in blender? :???:

S9nWl.jpg
Retextured javelin and throwing spears issue:
the javelin in picture (Character is holding with right hand) looks fine and like exactly what i wanted but when it's throwned on a shield it looks like this:
G1tjc.jpg
The material and texture is correct but the mesh or its uv mapping is wrong and I could find no other javelin mesh in brf files than the ones I put.
module_item.py codes:
Code:
["javelin",         "Javelins", [("javelin1",0),("javelins_quiver_new1", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_thrown |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_next_item_as_melee ,itcf_throw_javelin|itcf_carry_quiver_back|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
300, weight(4)|difficulty(1)|spd_rtng(91) | shoot_speed(25) | thrust_damage(34 ,  pierce)|max_ammo(5)|weapon_length(75),imodbits_thrown, [], [fac_kingdom_6, fac_kingdom_4, fac_kingdom_3, fac_kingdom_2] ],
["javelin_melee",         "Javelin", [("javelin1",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_primary|itp_wooden_parry , itc_staff,
300, weight(1)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(95) |swing_damage(12, cut)| thrust_damage(14,  pierce)|weapon_length(75),imodbits_polearm, [], [fac_kingdom_6, fac_kingdom_4, fac_kingdom_3, fac_kingdom_2] ],
Any idea what cause that problem? and Is there any solution?

That's a well known, glitch -not exactly a bug- of M&B. Basically, the javelin refers to another material when thrown and stuck. I never quite figured it out, though.

NoChar said:
I'm trying to make a new overland map for warband, but I find all the pre-made rivers and mountains on the regular map are annoying to replace.
Is there any way that I could start out with a blank map that I could edit in blender? :???:
Well, you could open Thorgrim's Map Editor, start a new map, then save - it will be a square flat field - and work with the newly saved map file in blender. But it'd be a hassle, given how Thorgrim is. Alternatively, you can try making a flat mesh in blender and edit it as you want. It's not what I'd have done (since I'm not very familiar with blender), but it's what most people prefer, it seems.

Antonis said:
That's a well known, glitch -not exactly a bug- of M&B. Basically, the javelin refers to another material when thrown and stuck. I never quite figured it out, though.
Then there is no solution :???:  Btw less often but same glitch/bug happens for arrows as well.

Corbul said:
NoChar said:
Well, you could open Thorgrim's Map Editor, start a new map, then save - it will be a square flat field - and work with the newly saved map file in blender. But it'd be a hassle, given how Thorgrim is. Alternatively, you can try making a flat mesh in blender and edit it as you want. It's not what I'd have done (since I'm not very familiar with blender), but it's what most people prefer, it seems.
Hmmm, I've read stuff about Thorgrim's Map Editor for warband, and it says that you need the original Mount and Blade (which I do not have) and that you need to switch a few files around to get thorgrim's to work on Warband. So I don't think that I'll be using Thorgrim's Map Editor any time soon.

Is there a a specific size that a .obj has to be for it to work as a map, or can I just make a flat, blank .obj and edit it from there? Also how would I make a flat mesh to edit in blender?

Okay, so I have thorgrim set up and I'm finding myself liking it a lot more than having to export and import files to and from blender as I can easily edit towns, castles, villages, and landscapes all in one. However, the border size is too small for my map. How would I increase the map's border size so I can fit more towns and villages in the editor?

Border size shouldn't be a problem, you just ignore it in the editor. To increase border size(map size) in-game, just edit the module.ini values, in the start that say "map_min_x  = -180" etc.
However, if you have so large a map that the editor isn't showing it wholly, then you truly are lost.  :razz:

Antonis said:
Border size shouldn't be a problem, you just ignore it in the editor. To increase border size(map size) in-game, just edit the module.ini values, in the start that say "map_min_x  = -180" etc.
However, if you have so large a map that the editor isn't showing it wholly, then you truly are lost.  :razz:
Thank you for clarifying this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom