Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new to this forum thing and im unsure where I am supposed to be posting my modding questions, so please redirect me if this is the wrong place. Anyway my question is how do you base your mod of a existing one and merge mods? Right now when I run the Module.bat file it overvrites my module and turns it into native. So how do I make the module system understand that I want the current game files to stay? And so later if I want to combine mods how do I make it so that when I run the module system it doesnt just overwrite everything?

Lokameister said:
Right now when I run the Module.bat file it overvrites my module and turns it into native. So how do I make the module system understand that I want the current game files to stay?

hmm just  copy native module , change his name  and modify module_info.py.

Code:
#export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Native/"
export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/MyNewAwesomeMod/"

Lokameister said:
And so later if I want to combine mods how do I make it so that when I run the module system it doesnt just overwrite everything?
In most cases you can't combine mods untill  you don't have source (and copyrights).

Lokameister said:
Im new to this forum thing and im unsure where I am supposed to be posting my modding questions, so please redirect me if this is the wrong place. Anyway my question is how do you base your mod of a existing one and merge mods? Right now when I run the Module.bat file it overvrites my module and turns it into native. So how do I make the module system understand that I want the current game files to stay? And so later if I want to combine mods how do I make it so that when I run the module system it doesnt just overwrite everything?

Warband doesn’t support multiple mods (you’ll have to wait for Bannerlord for that). Each mod has its own module system. The module system you can download from Taleworlds is the native module system. Some other modules have also made their module systems open source - those can be downloaded from that mod’s site.
A few open source features are available as add ons using the modmerger framework, but it is the modder’s responsibility to resolve any code conflicts. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128890.0.html

I suggest you look at the module system tutorials https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56798.0.html

Thank you for the information. One more thing I've been dwelling on is how do you make items appear in towns? and in specific towns? If I have a middle eastern faction and I only want their towns to sell Scimitars for example.

Lokameister said:
If I have a middle eastern faction and I only want their towns to sell Scimitars for example.

script that refreshes merchants inventory takes into account the item flags, including which factions use it

Code:
["steppe_horse","Steppe Horse",
   [("steppe_horse",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_horse, 0, 192,abundance(80)|hit_points(120)|body_armor(10)|difficulty(2)|horse_speed(40)|horse_maneuver(51)|horse_charge(8)|horse_scale(98),imodbits_horse_basic, [], 

[fac_kingdom_2, fac_kingdom_3]],

Code:
# script_refresh_center_weaponsmiths
  ("refresh_center_weaponsmiths",
  [
    (reset_item_probabilities, 100),
    (set_merchandise_modifier_quality, 150),
    (try_for_range, ":cur_merchant", weapon_merchants_begin, weapon_merchants_end),
	  (store_sub, ":cur_town", ":cur_merchant", weapon_merchants_begin),
	  (val_add, ":cur_town", towns_begin), 
	  (troop_clear_inventory, ":cur_merchant"),
	  (party_get_slot, ":cur_faction", ":cur_town", slot_center_original_faction),
	  (troop_add_merchandise_with_faction, ":cur_merchant", ":cur_faction", itp_type_one_handed_wpn, 5),   

PitchPL said:
Lokameister said:
Right now when I run the Module.bat file it overvrites my module and turns it into native. So how do I make the module system understand that I want the current game files to stay?

Code:
#export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Native/"
export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/MyNewAwesomeMod/"

It still overwrites all my changes to the files when I run the bat file. Like if I use Morghs Editor and change some stuff. How do I make those changes stay when I run the module.bat file? beacuse it overwrites it all

Lokameister said:
PitchPL said:
Lokameister said:

Code:

It still overwrites all my changes to the files when I run the bat file. Like if I use Morghs Editor and change some stuff. How do I make those changes stay when I run the module.bat file? beacuse it overwrites it all

You must choose between modsys and morgh/other stuff.

You can also edit build_module and exclude process_*.py(morgh modify items,yeah?) but its not recommend.

So I cannot use both modsys and morghs... If I have to do everything manually in the module system witouth the help of external programs, then I am completely lost in the dark.

Could I still use openbrf?

I am working on a total conversion mod for fun in my own universe. I use swyters cartographer to make my map (wich you need modsys for) and I was planning to use openbrf to add more items, and then morghs to customise the items, troops, factions, etc. And do other various changes trough the modsys.

I am trying to think of how I would do witouth Morghs or potentially openbrf.

Lokameister said:
So I cannot use both modsys and morghs... If I have to do everything manually in the module system witouth the help of external programs, then I am completely lost in the dark.

survive the first couple hours and you will actually become better and faster with modsys only. Morgh's is more of a helping tool for tweaking the game or adding new models, not to create a complex mod.

you can also try the Morghs with modsys option (it works on a few files), altho I wouldnt recommend that.

Lokameister said:
yes, OpenBRF has no impact on how you edit the code (.txt or modsys)

kalarhan said:
Lokameister said:

survive the first couple hours and you will actually become better and faster with modsys only. Morgh's is more of a helping tool for tweaking the game or adding new models, not to create a complex mod.

you can also try the Morghs with modsys option (it works on a few files), altho I wouldnt recommend that.

Lokameister said:
yes, OpenBRF has no impact on how you edit the code (.txt or modsys)

Okay, well thank you for the information :smile: I will just have to grind the module system and look at all guides I can find.

I'm in the planning stages of a mod, and I'm wondering if it's possible to have party templates or recruitment change part-way through a game? I can see a couple of ways of adjusting recruitment for the player (via spawning settlements most likely), but I haven't come across a mod that has anything close to lords armies changing, which makes me think it might not be possible.

cnzmur said:
I'm in the planning stages of a mod, and I'm wondering if it's possible to have party templates or recruitment change part-way through a game?

yeap

either create more templates and switch them over time, or use a script to control the spawn of troops. It is not hardcoded.

I can edit name of a faction, rulers and its lords, also I'm interested if I can adding Brytenwalda female faces in Mount & Blade With Fire and Sword but without complicated process involving editing graphical programs

What defines in a grouped/multi texture the set image desired? So for example trees.dds has multiple tree pictures in one image, but how do I tell OpenBRF/the game what specifically from that image file I want used?

Anglolord said:
What defines in a grouped/multi texture the set image desired? So for example trees.dds has multiple tree pictures in one image, but how do I tell OpenBRF/the game what specifically from that image file I want used?

Visual textures are applied to meshes via materials. The parts of the image applied to a mesh and their precise locations are governed by a mesh’s UV map. To see or change a mesh’s UV map you would need to use Blender’s UV editor.

The images are grouped to reduce the number of textures the game has to load (optimisation). Typically, each tree mesh is only mapped to one of the tree images. So you just need to find the mesh mapped to the image you’re interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom