Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rongar said:
An every-ten-second global trigger?  0_O
Anyway If it can be done then it should be like
  (0.003, 0, 0, [<cond>], [<operations>]),
I didn't test. The main problem here that could be is that such precision may be not supported.
Not a global, a mission template trigger. And, as I've said, 0.1 works as 1 real second, so I'll try 0.1*10 and see what happens.

In missions 
(1, 0, 0, [<cond>], [<operations>]),
is 1 second trigger.
(0.1, 0, 0, [<cond>], [<operations>]),
should be 0.1 second trigger. There are such triggers in native. We have several such triggers in Rus, I've never noticed any problems.
I remember that there were problems when I tried to create very frequent tiggers (0.01 or 0.001). But 0.1 seems work without problems.

Rongar said:
I missions 
(1, 0, 0, [<cond>], [<operations>]),
is 1 second trigger.
(0.1, 0, 0, [<cond>], [<operations>]),
should be 0.1 second trigger. There are such triggers in native. We have several such triggers in Rus, I've never noticed any problems.
I remember that there were problems when I tried to create very frequent tiggers (0.01 or 0.001). But 0.1 seems work without problems.
Exactly, '1' is one second.
0.1 is a tenth of a second.
multiplying 0.1 by 10 will simply give you '1' again (a second)
If you want every ten seconds, you want:
(10, 0, 0, [<cond>], [<operations>]),

Does anybody here knows if the UV-maps for the native models are available somwhere?

I know most of the stuff speaks for itself, but it would just be really handy for retexturing of native models :wink:

Peralta said:
Does anybody here knows if the UV-maps for the native models are available somwhere?

I know most of the stuff speaks for itself, but it would just be really handy for retexturing of native models :wink:

If you don't want to reuse the original texture sheets you can import the model into your modeler of choice and re-export its UVs. I'm not aware of anyone having done so for any native models and releasing them, most probably there aren't any.

Well heres the code that assign banners: (module_scripts)
# Assign banners and renown.
# We assume there are enough banners for all kingdom heroes.
      (assign, ":num_khergit_lords_assigned", 0),

(try_for_range, ":kingdom_hero", kingdom_heroes_begin, kingdom_heroes_end),
        (store_troop_faction, ":kingdom_hero_faction", ":kingdom_hero"),
        (try_begin),
          (eq, ":kingdom_hero_faction", "fac_kingdom_3"), #Khergit Khanate
          (store_add, ":kingdom_3_banners_begin", banner_scene_props_begin, khergit_banners_begin_offset),
          (store_add, ":banner_id", ":kingdom_3_banners_begin", ":num_khergit_lords_assigned"),
          (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, ":banner_id"),
          (val_add, ":num_khergit_lords_assigned", 1),
        (else_try),
          (store_sub, ":hero_offset", ":kingdom_hero", kingdom_heroes_begin),
          (val_sub, ":hero_offset", ":num_khergit_lords_assigned"),#Remove khergits from offset since their banners are assigned above here
          (try_begin),
            (gt, ":hero_offset", khergit_banners_begin_offset),#Do not add khergit banners to non-khergit lords
            (val_add, ":hero_offset", khergit_banners_end_offset),
            (val_sub, ":hero_offset", khergit_banners_begin_offset),
          (try_end),
          (store_add, ":banner_id", banner_scene_props_begin, ":hero_offset"),
          (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, ":banner_id"),
        (try_end),
        (store_character_level, ":level", ":kingdom_hero"),
        (store_mul, ":renown", ":level", ":level"),
        (val_div, ":renown", 2),
        (try_begin),
          (faction_slot_eq, ":kingdom_hero_faction", slot_faction_leader, ":kingdom_hero"),
          (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_loyalty, 100),
          (store_random_in_range, ":random_renown", 250, 400),
        (else_try),
          (store_random_in_range, ":random_loyalty", 50, 100),
          (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_loyalty, ":random_loyalty"),
          (store_random_in_range, ":random_renown", 100, 200),
        (try_end),
        (val_add, ":renown", ":random_renown"),
        (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_renown, ":renown"),
        (store_random_in_range, ":random_readiness", 0, 100),
        (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_readiness_to_join_army, ":random_readiness"),
        (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_readiness_to_follow_orders, 100),
        (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_player_order_state, spai_undefined),
        (troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_player_order_object, -1),
      (try_end),

#Correcting banners according to the player banner
      (troop_get_slot, ":selected_banner_spr", "trp_player", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop),
      (assign, ":end_cond", kingdom_heroes_end),
      (try_for_range, ":cur_troop", kingdom_heroes_begin, ":end_cond"),
        (troop_slot_eq, ":cur_troop", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, ":selected_banner_spr"),
        (troop_set_slot, ":cur_troop", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, banner_scene_props_end_minus_one),
        (assign, ":end_cond", 0),
      (try_end),
Maybe that helps?

Does anyone know the strings that calculate player/AI received and inflicted damage? I'm trying to balance out the mod right now the AI is dishing out 70% more damage then player regardless the armor type on Normal setting :smile:

What is a culture?
To set for factions same recruits, same armies for lords, town etc, you should go through game_start scripts in module_scripts.py and set the same values (reinforcements, cultures, guards) for those factions.

Cultures from module_faction.py are used mostly to connect troop tiers and kingdom factions, and it is not difficult to get rid of them replacing their role by slots of kingdom factions.

Cheers.  then that isn't my problem.  I seem to be having a really big problem with party_templates.

I can't do anything in there.  Even if I change a single troop in an already existing faction's reinforcements I get this problem.  It compiles correctly when I build module, the game loads and then when I try to start a new game, it goes through the loading process and then it CTDs on me.  Everytime I change party_templates.  And it is only that file.  I can change other things and they work perfectly.  And it's the same problem with regardless of the changes in module_parties.  Does anyone have any clue why it's doing that?

>Even if I change a single troop in an already existing faction's reinforcements I get this problem.
That's very strange. The only thing I can say that the symptoms are like you added to many stacks to PT (6 is the limit).

Nope, too many troops is not the problem.  The last thing I tried to do, when I was trying to figure out what my problem was, was to change the "trp_swadian_recruit" in the kingdom_1_reinforcements_a party to "trp_greek_peasant".  i didn't even change the min/max numbers.

Thing is, everything works before I change module_parties and all the other mods I have installed as well as native work perfectly fine.

Is it possible that I have a bad install of either M&B or of the Module System?

Cheers
Kvedulf

EDIT: had a breakthrough.  It seems to only happen when any of my greek_peasant troop line is present in aparty template.  Any of the other troop types I've added will work fine, just not greek_peasants or any of their upgraded troops.

COGlory said:
Rongar said:
(call_script, "script_player_join_faction", "fac_kingdom_4"),

Didn't work. 
t11 said:
Is there a thread where there is a good guide to making / editing skills?
http://forum.mountfanblade.com/index.php?showtopic=56

That guide really didn't say much about how to make new skills. So, I'm lost again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom