Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolitablue said:
Is it possible to start a game with only one village but no castle or town?

as a vassal? Sure, why not? You can already join a faction and get a village as a gift/reward from your king.

if you are unsure on the steps of becoming a vassal at start then check the OSP kit available, or some modsys like in VC that offers the option. Then adapt to your rules.

kalarhan said:
lolitablue said:
Is it possible to start a game with only one village but no castle or town?

as a vassal? Sure, why not? You can already join a faction and get a village as a gift/reward from your king.

if you are unsure on the steps of becoming a vassal at start then check the OSP kit available, or some modsys like in VC that offers the option. Then adapt to your rules.

Thank you for your answer.

I expressed myself badly, I wanted to say by modifying the Modul System, from the beginning I would like that my character has a village (without been a vassal).

I managed to give him a castle and a village at the beginning of the game but ... he owned a village because this village was near the castle.

lolitablue said:
I managed to give him a castle and a village at the beginning of the game but ... he owned a village because this village was near the castle.

now I am confused. Do you want to start the game as a king owning some centers? Possible, and there is OSP code for that.

Do you want to own a center while being independent (a adventurer) ? Possible, look for kits or VC refuge system.

First is easier. Second requires more coding.

kalarhan said:
lolitablue said:

now I am confused. Do you want to start the game as a king owning some centers? Possible, and there is OSP code for that.

Do you want to own a center while being independent (a adventurer) ? Possible, look for kits or VC refuge system.

First is easier. Second requires more coding.

Not the first and not the segond.

I just want to own a village and be a mere lord or a soldier maybe my idea is stupid so why not just a little village.

lolitablue said:
I just want to own a village and be a mere lord or a soldier maybe my idea is stupid so why not just a little village.

hehe the problem is in define what you want here. Lets review

1) Be a king
2) Be a vassal
3) Be a adventurer/independent warlord/can work as a mercenary captain/not the king of player's faction/not a vassal of a random faction

those are the 3 basic options (others could include work with a pretender, etc).

When using the particle system the number of particles spawned per second has a lower limit of 1. Is there any way to get around this limit? I tried using particle_system_emit after attaching a new particle system but nothing spawned. I tried particle_system_burst but it seems it still spawns the particles at a rate of 1 per second.

Is there any global which is used in (Native)source files to check how many more enemy reinforcement rest during the mission? If there is not, how can i check otherwise?

litdum said:
Is there any global which is used in (Native)source files to check how many more enemy reinforcement rest during the mission? If there is not, how can i check otherwise?

check the reinforcements triggers

Code:
    "$defender_reinforcement_stage"
    "$attacker_reinforcement_stage"

example
Code:
      (lt,"$defender_reinforcement_stage","$g_defender_reinforcement_limit"),
                 (store_mission_timer_a,":mission_time"),
                 (ge,":mission_time",10),
                 (store_normalized_team_count,":num_defenders", 0),
                 (lt,":num_defenders",6)],
           [(add_reinforcements_to_entry,0,7),(assign, "$defender_reinforcement_limit_increased", 0),(val_add,"$defender_reinforcement_stage",1)]),

kalarhan said:
litdum said:

check the reinforcements triggers

Code:
    "$defender_reinforcement_stage"
    "$attacker_reinforcement_stage"

example
Code:
      (lt,"$defender_reinforcement_stage","$g_defender_reinforcement_limit"),
                 (store_mission_timer_a,":mission_time"),
                 (ge,":mission_time",10),
                 (store_normalized_team_count,":num_defenders", 0),
                 (lt,":num_defenders",6)],
           [(add_reinforcements_to_entry,0,7),(assign, "$defender_reinforcement_limit_increased", 0),(val_add,"$defender_reinforcement_stage",1)]),
Thank you.  Then (ge,"$defender_reinforcement_stage","$g_defender_reinforcement_limit"),(no reinforcement left to spawn) line do what i what want. Now i need to find how to check if its enemy or player team :smile: . It should be probably about "$defender_team", "$attacker_team" variables.

So I added a new faction and about 21 new banners for them but, there is a problem.

So some of the old factions banners no longer appear on the lords parties or associated fiefs, and I don't know why! After about a week of trying to fix it I cannot find out what code is causing this but to be specific the issue resides in the nords, veagir, swadian, and a rhodok Lord. Has anyone ever seen this or fixed it???

Sreenshots of my issue.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350010378
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350010338
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350010280
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350010244
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350010244

GladiatorGaming01 said:
Is their any way to change this larger mod like perisno have way more banners and lords then native? So their has to be a way1

yes you can change anything, but the more complex the change the more you need to explore and change the base code. It is not hardcoded. You can implement your own set of rules.

the easy path is to follow Native rules and tutorials (I linked the factions one for you). Double check all steps, you likely missed something.

if you can't figure out then you will need to start testing and debugging your code, which requires more coding know-how.

Super silly question, looking for the line that spawns the message "Reinforcements have arrived." when the player receives reinforcements during a battle, and simply cannot locate it.

Cozur said:
Super silly question, looking for the line that spawns the message "Reinforcements have arrived." when the player receives reinforcements during a battle, and simply cannot locate it.
I also wonder if possible to find it. Because i need to check when enemy reinforcements have arrived during the mission.
Btw, Is "$defender_reinforcement_stage" for always player and allies? because in lead_charge, it makes defender reinforcements spawn at entry 0, which player team spawn always.

Cozur said:

ui.csv

litdum said:
Btw, Is "$defender_reinforcement_stage" for always player and allies? because in lead_charge, it makes defender reinforcements spawn at entry 0, which player team spawn always.
you need to check the scenario (mission_template like a siege, field battle, village raid, etc). Defender is the team defending (like the one inside a castle), while the attacker is the aggressor.

litdum said:
you need to check the scenario (mission_template like a siege, field battle, village raid, etc). Defender is the team defending (like the one inside a castle), while the attacker is the aggressor.
[/quote]
How can i check which one the player team is? Especially in lead_charge?

litdum said:
How can i check which one the player team is?

Code:
agent_get_team                           = 1770  # (agent_get_team, <destination>, <agent_id>),
                                                 # Retrieves the team that the agent belongs to.
is a example, as you know which team is attacking/defending.

download Lav's modsys to check header_operations.py (and other files). This should be your first stop when looking for API functions (operations)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool/master/app/header_operations.py
^ quite easy to read, full of comments, and well organized version. Avoid the Native one.

kalarhan said:
litdum said:
How can i check which one the player team is?

Code:
agent_get_team                           = 1770  # (agent_get_team, <destination>, <agent_id>),
                                                 # Retrieves the team that the agent belongs to.
is a example, as you know which team is attacking/defending.

download Lav's modsys to check header_operations.py (and other files). This should be your first stop when looking for API functions (operations)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool/master/app/header_operations.py
^ quite easy to read, full of comments, and well organized version. Avoid the Native one.
Thank you. Lav's modsys is very useful and agent_is_defender does what i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom