Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make a flute playing animation, and the npc just becomes invisible. Is there any open source flute playing animation?

So I am trying to edit the map of my mod for viking conquest. No map editing software worked for VC so I decided to use the module.parties folder. I added in the locations onto the map (did not edit land at all). The build_module_bat file ran and there was no errors. But when I went to this mod, I could not find these locations. I made other changes in making this mod that I did find. Anyone know what I did wrong? I'll post my code for convenience sake.

("loki_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(176,-247),[]), #Frisia ("thor_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(251,-89),[]), #Denmark ("odin_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(228,92),[]), #Norway ("tyr_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,((29,121)),[]), #Northymbre ("freyja_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-150,-6),[]), #Dub Linh ("freyr_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(20,-9:cool:,[]),

This is actually a repost. When I posted this before on this thread I got an answer on how to edit my module folder to use a map editing tool. I do not want to edit the map and just wish to add locations to my map. I thought I could accomplish this only using the module folders.

Also, I want to find out what part of the module folders states where troops exist. In certain places in the module_parties folder it stated this, but not in all places where there were troops. What I mean by this is how does the module folders state that there is a bar maiden in a tavern. There are entry points for the bar maiden, but how is it coded so she exists there?

antydaantiest said:
When I posted this before on this thread I got an answer on how to edit my module folder to use a map editing tool. I do not want to edit the map and just wish to add locations to my map. I thought I could accomplish this only using the module folders.

guess you didn't look at the tool  :mrgreen:, as that one is used to move parties around, not to edit the mesh. You can also do it manually but finding the correct X,Y,Z and rotation will be a pain

I'll post my code for convenience sake.
remember to use the code tag

Code:
("loki_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(176,-247),[]), #Frisia
("thor_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(251,-89),[]), #Denmark 
("odin_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(228,92),[]), #Norway 
("tyr_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,((29,121)),[]), #Northymbre 
("freyja_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-150,-6),[]), #Dub Linh 
("freyr_residence","Holy Forrest",pf_disabled|icon_sacred_forest|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(20,-98),[]),

look at header_parties.py to learn about the flags. Your first issue is with the disabled one (as it makes the party invisible)

I want to find out what part of the module folders states where troops exist
It is a mix of module_troops.py, scripts (module_scripts.py) and mission template (module_mission_templates.py), and it will depend on what you are looking at. For tavern you should look for it at scripts.

NPC99 said:
benis said:
There is no way to add an invading faction without both module sys and the mod's source code, is there?

For a simple invasion without having to add a whole faction, see Lumos's code in reply 4 ( link below). Try compiling it using the native warband module system &  copying the changes in the compiled text files to the compiled text files of your mod (into the same places). Remember to update the numbers at the start of the text files that record the number of entries. If your mod doesn't have Swadian knights, substitute some other powerful troop in the party template.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=231383.0

But do they behave like bandits or do they siege cities and things like that?

Simple question. I have a single framed flute animation.

Code:
["flute_standing", acf_enforce_all, amf_play|amf_keep|amf_priority_mount,
 [1.0, "play_flute", 0, 1, arf_blend_in_5|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.25],],

Its invisible for some reason. Any reason why?

https://i.gyazo.com/b8bc4c13c046317110939690c9f5d600.png

benis said:
NPC99 said:
benis said:
There is no way to add an invading faction without both module sys and the mod's source code, is there?

For a simple invasion without having to add a whole faction, see Lumos's code in reply 4 ( link below). Try compiling it using the native warband module system &  copying the changes in the compiled text files to the compiled text files of your mod (into the same places). Remember to update the numbers at the start of the text files that record the number of entries. If your mod doesn't have Swadian knights, substitute some other powerful troop in the party template.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=231383.0

But do they behave like bandits or do they siege cities and things like that?
Just behave like bandits, but lots of strong parties. 250 invader parties with between 100 to 320 knights in each party. So they are strong enough to attack Lord paries. They won't siege cities without additional code.

Sorry for all the posting lately. I'm busy on a mod, if you couldn't tell :grin:

I've found a flute animation, along with a flute. Got all of that under control now. The invisibility glitch was due to the animation having only one frame, so I fixed that too.

New question: https://i.gyazo.com/e24e13bbf13c78e943a38d0b6a4c617a.jpg

I don't have any meshes that use that material. I'm thinking, it has something to do with the grass spawning as the terrain?

JurgenJuggernaut said:
1) how to put religion to a faction and to the lords in the faction?

2) Is there a way to put information of a lord/lady in the notes, character secction of the journal? as well info of the faction in the faction tab?

3) Is there a way of showing a troop tree were the troop trees are shown? (a new troop tree I mean without adding the chain to the existing one)

4) Is it possible to make churches, mills, farmlands and so part of a faction? give income and so

5) Pd is there a limit for port towns? npcs?

if you can enumerate your questions that would help  :mrgreen:

1) lords are created inside a range on module_troops.py, but you can change factions via scripts. Look at how the script "game_start" does setup for religion and lords

2) yes. Get Lav's module for better documentation, then check his header_operations.py for  [ Z15 ] GAME NOTES

3) unclear what you are asking. If you want a new group (like a new kingdom) to show up on the selection box then yeap. Any other question: yeap, its all done via modsys

4) yes, not hardcoded

5) not for port towns, but you will need to test what happens with pathfinding, etc, it is not as simple as just add 30 new ports.
    no idea what you meant by "limit for npcs"

1)Managed to do it
2)Didnt understand, went to header_operations.py but dont know what to do, could you explain a lil more detailed
3)Yeah for example adding frankish troop tree, camp>troop trees (and there to be seen)
4)Where o which is the code for the income?
5)npcs i meant lords/ladies, companions, vendors etc.
6) "NEW" created a village and putted the map icon of a farmstead but after sometime the village icon replace the farmstead. Also who do i place the npcs like the village elder or fort reave?, with the scene control+e in the scene?

Adorno said:
0 = besiegers/attackers, incl. player if he's besieging.
3 = defenders sally out
10 = defending point (where defenders sally. To be placed by ladders/siege tower)
11 = majority of defenders spawn, incl. the player if he's defending.
40-46 = defenders

Archers and infantry both spawn on 40-46. But these are the ones you want to place where archers are supposed to be. In towers and such.
Infantry will go to entry point 10, but the archers should stay put.

(Entry point 50-56 is for the siege tower)

Is it possible to make defending points more than one ? For enemy reinforcement's to find a new front, new places to be defended until lords hall. :smile:

Ramaraunt said:
Sorry for all the posting lately. I'm busy on a mod, if you couldn't tell :grin:

I've found a flute animation, along with a flute. Got all of that under control now. The invisibility glitch was due to the animation having only one frame, so I fixed that too.

New question: https://i.gyazo.com/e24e13bbf13c78e943a38d0b6a4c617a.jpg

I don't have any meshes that use that material. I'm thinking, it has something to do with the grass spawning as the terrain?

I can't add people for some reason, add me. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198277696391/

How exactly does one make ModMerger work?

I have all of the .py files (Diplomacy, PBOD and 1.143 Native) sitting in one big folder along with ModMerger, and I've added Diplomacy and the various PBOD bits to the options file, but when I install ModMerger, nothing happens and the installer window just closes instantly upon me pressing "y". I have Python 2.7 installed and I've been able to get the rest of the Module System to work correctly, just not ModMerger. I've looked at literally every single step-by-step ModMerger tutorial out there and I guess must be misinterpretting something consistently.

Basically:
- Put all the files in one folder and configured options
- Installed ModMerger
- Native module_* files were not changed at all
- Compiling just gives me Native .txt files

JurgenJuggernaut said:
JurgenJuggernaut said:
1) how to put religion to a faction and to the lords in the faction?

2) Is there a way to put information of a lord/lady in the notes, character secction of the journal? as well info of the faction in the faction tab?

3) Is there a way of showing a troop tree were the troop trees are shown? (a new troop tree I mean without adding the chain to the existing one)

4) Is it possible to make churches, mills, farmlands and so part of a faction? give income and so

5) Pd is there a limit for port towns? npcs?

if you can enumerate your questions that would help  :mrgreen:

1) lords are created inside a range on module_troops.py, but you can change factions via scripts. Look at how the script "game_start" does setup for religion and lords

2) yes. Get Lav's module for better documentation, then check his header_operations.py for  [ Z15 ] GAME NOTES

3) unclear what you are asking. If you want a new group (like a new kingdom) to show up on the selection box then yeap. Any other question: yeap, its all done via modsys

4) yes, not hardcoded

5) not for port towns, but you will need to test what happens with pathfinding, etc, it is not as simple as just add 30 new ports.
    no idea what you meant by "limit for npcs"

1)Managed to do it

2)Didnt understand, went to header_operations.py but dont know what to do, could you explain a lil more detailed
3)Yeah for example adding frankish troop tree, camp>troop trees (and there to be seen)
4)Where o which is the code for the income?
5)npcs i meant lords/ladies, companions, vendors etc.
6) "NEW" created a village and putted the map icon of a farmstead but after sometime the village icon replace the farmstead. Also who do i place the npcs like the village elder or fort reave?, with the scene control+e in the scene?

2) To learn how to use basic operations: get Lav's (you already did that), read the short documentation and see how they are used in the modsys (examples). If in doubt bring code here.
3) You need to learn about presentations, then edit the one for troop tree (module_presentations.py and the scripts that come with it)
4) Economy trigger
5) You can add more npcs, I doubt you will break any limit with a handful of new factions
6) Look for the trigger that updates a village icon from time to time
6) Check module_troops.py for them, and locate their use in the game code (eg: module_scripts.py). And you will need to follow the basic template for entry points (EP) when editing your new village.

HyperCharge said:
Sth like "get numbers of swadian infantry agents in scene"

you can count or track.

Count if it is something not often (like a new count every 60 seconds). Track if you want instant feedback.

To count you can simple use a loop for agents (filter by team, alive/active, human, troop type). To track you can use the spawn and dead triggers.

kalarhan said:
HyperCharge said:
Sth like "get numbers of swadian infantry agents in scene"

you can count or track.

Count if it is something not often (like a new count every 60 seconds). Track if you want instant feedback.

To count you can simple use a loop for agents (filter by team, alive/active, human, troop type). To track you can use the spawn and dead triggers.

I need to count for once, in starting of mission. Thanks for answer. You'll be credited in OSP that I will release with this. :grin:

HyperCharge said:
in starting of mission

make sure all agents were already spawned by using the special operation with your trigger, or wait for a few seconds. Pay special attention to the 300 agents restriction.

Code:
mission_tpl_are_all_agents_spawned     = 1943   # (mission_tpl_are_all_agents_spawned), #agents >300 may keep spawning after ti_after_mission_start (still fires .1 second too early)

Question: how would I make it so the player receives better prices for being in a merchant's guild? Through an item that increases trade skill perhaps? How would I make it so the player can't sell this item, and that it can't be looted when taken prisoner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom