Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first number is the percent way through the particle's life. So in (0.0, 0.2) 0.0 means at the start of the particle's life it is 0.2 red, and (1, 0.2) means it's still 0.2 red at the end of the particle's life (1).

Thanks for clarifying, I didn't realise they were percentages, especially the colour code. Most websites give the RGB code in numbers up to 255. Looking at it I assume 0 is 0.0, 255 is 1 and 128 would be 0.5.

I just merged across a few minor things like troops, items and a couple of other things. Suddenly I get no in game messages and all bows require power throw on a new game save. Any ideas on what has happened? I see nothing obvious and I did nothing to bows.

Nameless Warrior said:
Suddenly I get no in game messages

Enable "edit mode" on the game launcher and check your rgl_log.txt file, it seems you broke something (code bug) that is exploding the messaging buffer with too much warnings. The game messages will be added to it, so remember to use a editor that reloads it often (refresh reading from disk).

or start over and test as you go (baby steps)

The final and only warning is

vdt_regular discard_buffer

it happens immediately at game start.  Earliest roll back module is 2 weeks ago, will see if it works and go from there.

I have fixed the power draw issue, all I am left with now is this crash error

ERROR: invalid opcode 1073741824

"more than 32 samples per sound" error.

Yes, I know. There are topics about this already but my problem is different. I modified a mod's sounds.txt to add some sounds and it is giving me this error even though none of my sounds have more than 15 samples. As far as I know this shouldn't be happening and every thread I've seen about this had a different reason for it. Mod doesn't work on this specific warband version, 33 or more samples per sound etc, none of these apply here.

Here is the sounds.txt. Maybe someone here can give me some light.
https://pastebin.com/aWnmL0Wb

benis said:

Yes, I know. There are topics about this already but my problem is different. I modified a mod's sounds.txt to add some sounds and it is giving me this error even though none of my sounds have more than 15 samples. As far as I know this shouldn't be happening and every thread I've seen about this had a different reason for it. Mod doesn't work on this specific warband version, 33 or more samples per sound etc, none of these apply here.

How many sounds did you add? I'm not at my PC to check, but I think the number on line 2 should equal all the sounds in sounds.txt. If you update this to add in your number of additions it might fix one of your problems.

Nameless Warrior said:

it happens immediately at game start.  Earliest roll back module is 2 weeks ago, will see if it works and go from there.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162267.msg4224046.html#msg4224046
Found it, in module_presentations.py

I wrote "this_or_next,eq" instead of "this_or_next|eq".

From 6 years ago so who knows how relevant it is.

NPC99 said:
benis said:

How many sounds did you add? I'm not at my PC to check, but I think the number on line 2 should equal all the sounds in sounds.txt. If you update this to add in your number of additions it might fix one of your problems.

This is the original sounds.txt: https://pastebin.com/qNx1SJLK
There are 2 lists apparently, so at first I tried adding the samples at the end of the first list and the sounds at the end of the second one. This caused a runtime error crash, thought, so I moved the samples to the end of the second list along with the sounds. I changed the number on the second list to take into account both the samples and sounds and let the number on the first list (the one on line 2) the same.

So I tried changing the number on the second list to take into account only the sounds and the first to take into account all the samples and nothing. I don't know what else to do.

benis said:
So I tried changing the number on the second list to take into account only the sounds and the first to take into account all the samples and nothing. I don't know what else to do.

See reply https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=270734.0

Edit: Look at snd_block_fist in line 569 of the original sounds.txt. It references two samples 346 & 347. These appear on lines 349 & 350 because the references are the sample number not the file line number, which you have been using. Warband counts everything as a sequence with the first number as zero, so 346 is actually the 347th sample. As these start on line 3 it appears on line 349 (346+3 or 347+2). Your samples need to be correctly placed at the end of the first list and your sounds need to be correctly referenced at the end of the second list.

kraggrim ?️ said:
Nameless Warrior said:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162267.msg4224046.html#msg4224046
Found it, in module_presentations.py

I wrote "this_or_next,eq" instead of "this_or_next|eq".

From 6 years ago so who knows how relevant it is.

Thanks, I have read a couple more old threads also suggesting it is a this or next or neg/neq issue but I cannot find any issue like that nor does this section use code I haven't used before.

Usually with opcode errors the number next to it can tell you where the issues is but 1073741824 pops up a few times as persuasion_4 and imod_bent and also on a few troops in the txt files (khergit horse archer and many lords in the native troops.txt) although I cannot find anything those troops all have in common to suggest what that number is referring to. I will see if I can find any more instances.

benis said:
Thanks for the help. It's finally working now.

New problem: The new sounds don't work like they should. For example the new hit and death sounds play like the enemy is right beside you no matter how far away he is when you kill him. Is there any way to correct this?

Nameless Warrior said:
Usually with opcode errors the number next to it can tell you where the issues is but ....

operations that use the OR "|" operator are not explicited listed in the *.py files (the numeric representation), like "this_or_next|eq", thus why you won't find a reference to them. And when you get a invalid number that means you used the wrong combination, thus creating a combination that is not allowed by the engine (it has no idea what to do with that crazy number that makes no sense)

you can see them by using the Python terminal and typing them manually, or important a header file like header_operations.py, in case you are curious and want to learn more.

Hi all sorry to bother

Just wanted to know  :?: a few things  for viking conquest  :evil:

-how to put religion to a faction and to the lords in the faction?

-Is there a way to put information of a lord/lady in the notes, character secction of the journal? as well info of the faction in the faction tab?

-Is there a way of showing a troop tree were the troop trees are shown? (a new troop tree I mean without adding the chain to the existing one)

-Is it possible to make churches, mills, farmlands and so part of a faction? give income and so

Pd is there a limit for port towns? npcs?

HarryPham123 said:
i have one question are there any wse for ...

visit the tool thread, as news will be posted there

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324890.0.html

you can also support development and help pay someone to work on a update if there is none

JurgenJuggernaut said:
1) how to put religion to a faction and to the lords in the faction?

2) Is there a way to put information of a lord/lady in the notes, character secction of the journal? as well info of the faction in the faction tab?

3) Is there a way of showing a troop tree were the troop trees are shown? (a new troop tree I mean without adding the chain to the existing one)

4) Is it possible to make churches, mills, farmlands and so part of a faction? give income and so

5) Pd is there a limit for port towns? npcs?

if you can enumerate your questions that would help  :mrgreen:

1) lords are created inside a range on module_troops.py, but you can change factions via scripts. Look at how the script "game_start" does setup for religion and lords

2) yes. Get Lav's module for better documentation, then check his header_operations.py for  [ Z15 ] GAME NOTES

3) unclear what you are asking. If you want a new group (like a new kingdom) to show up on the selection box then yeap. Any other question: yeap, its all done via modsys

4) yes, not hardcoded

5) not for port towns, but you will need to test what happens with pathfinding, etc, it is not as simple as just add 30 new ports.
    no idea what you meant by "limit for npcs"

Openbrf says there are no errors in my module, yet my game looks like this. Im trying to add the shaders from Battle of Europe.

NPC99 said:
benis said:
benis said:
Thanks for the help. It's finally working now.

New problem: The new sounds don't work like they should. For example the new hit and death sounds play like the enemy is right beside you no matter how far away he is when you kill him. Is there any way to correct this?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=300261.0

So they need to be mono, got it. Could that be the reason they were crashing my game during battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom