Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just a quick question... I've recently removed prisoner management skill from game and made the script work with party size rather then skill similar to vc, however in my party window screen it still tells the player they "need to learn prisoner management skill in order to take prisoners" does anyone know where to remove this text from appearing in game? 

Lady Ashwood said:
Hi all, just a quick question... I've recently removed prisoner management skill from game and made the script work with party size rather then skill similar to vc, however in my party window screen it still tells the player they "need to learn prisoner management skill in order to take prisoners" does anyone know where to remove this text from appearing in game? 

module_strings maybe ?

Lady Ashwood said:
{modulename}/languages/English/ui

ui_need_to_learn_prisoner_management|You need to learn Prisoner Management skill in order to take prisoners.

Leonion said:
Lady Ashwood said:

ui_need_to_learn_prisoner_management|You need to learn Prisoner Management skill in order to take prisoners.

like @leonion showed above it is on your language folder. Remember to apply this change to all your supported languages (English, Spanish, etc).

When looking for a UI text: if its a hardcoded screen like inventory, party management, ... you should look there, not on modsys.

Hi all, how can I synchronize movement/rotation of bones of horse and of horseman? I'm working on new animation for horsemen, in each frame abdomen of horseman must be in same position relatively to horse's spine and saddle (I think, human abdomen bone must be synchronized with horse's spine_2 bone). If I place horsman's skeleton manually - animation is't smooth. I'm sure there must be way to align those bones, so they will be in exact same position in each frame (when needed, because in some parts of animation horseman must be not in saddle, for faling part of animation, as example)

And also I made new saddle, with stirrups (which are rigged 50/50 to spine_2 and spine_3 of horse skeleton), so I need horseman's feet bones also to be synchronised with those two bones.

Is there a way to change the cost adjustment that item modifiers incur? E.g., make "Lordly" items increase value by X% rather than the native Y%. I see that it appears to pull the value from slot_item_modifier_multiplier, but can't seem to find anywhere that this value is set, so I'm assuming it's hard coded for whatever inexplicable reason. Thanks!

Syke said:
Is there a way to change the cost adjustment that item modifiers incur?

game folder/Data/item_modifiers.txt

copy it to your module folder like "game folder/modules/Mymod/Data/item_modifiers.txt" and change the parameters.

so i removed villagers from my mod (toke your advice kalarhan) and it helped with performance in the campaign map (well not that much but better then nothing) but i got a weird problem and i have no idea what's causing it
i have named the lords of my factions and changed the lords for each clan/faction but in game they don't change and their names never change like take this for example i have this lords
Code:
["kingdom_1_lord",  "Akamatsu Yoshisuke",   "Yoshisuke",    tf_hero|tf_mounted|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_gloves|tf_guarantee_horse, no_scene, reserved, fac.kingdom_1,  [itm.hunter,itm.nobleman_outfit,itm.leather_boots,itm.mail_boots,itm.cuir_bouilli,itm.gauntlets,itm.great_axe,itm.tab_shield_round_e,itm.nordic_helmet], knight_attrib_5, wp(220), knight_skills_5|knows_trainer_4, 0x0000000e2c0c028a068e8c18557b12a500000000001c0fe80000000000000000, nord_face_older_2 ],
["kingdom_2_lord",  "Akizuki Tanezane",     "Tanezane",     tf_hero|tf_mounted|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_gloves|tf_guarantee_horse, no_scene, reserved, fac.kingdom_2,  [itm.warhorse,itm.tabard,itm.leather_boots,itm.splinted_leather_greaves,itm.heraldic_mail_with_tabard,itm.gauntlets,itm.bastard_sword_b,itm.tab_shield_heater_cav_b,itm.spiked_helmet], knight_attrib_4, wp(220), knight_skills_4|knows_trainer_5, 0x0000000efc04119225848dac5d50d62400000000001d48b80000000000000000, rhodok_face_old_2 ],
but in game they are something like this
Code:
phrases :
lord 1 : surrender or die
lord 2 : another long phrase
so rather then having their names they are using phrases as their names ? not sure why ?

and another question do i have to have the same amount of lords and ladies in a faction or can i have more or less ladies then lords in one faction ? thanks

Edit: and where can i find the files that uses the skins since i made some skins (children old people young people ...ext) but i can't seem to find a way to use them in game

(unrelated to the above)

In my casualty report screen the casualties are all duplicated, meaning I see stuff like this:

2 Lord Delinard (1 killed, 1 wounded)
88 swadian recruits (65 killed, 23 wounded)
24 looters (21 killed, 3 wounded)

I also see enemy troop names in the friendly list, and friendly troop names in the enemy list, sometimes duplicated too.

I've been trying to make sense of the native spaghetti code to find what's causing this but I have no idea. It definitely isn't print_casualties_to_s0 since it's unchanged from native. I've also checked every reference to p_temp_wounded or whatever the temporary wounded/killed parties are called, although I may have missed something. Any ideas?

imado552 said:
so rather then having their names they are using phrases as their names ? not sure why ?

skins

make sure you are starting a new game to test the lords. Then check if its a bug on your code by using MnbSaveGameEditor or a direct code test (get name and print to log). Also see if your mod is not using language folder for the names (like MB&FS does), instead of the module_troops.py values.

for skins you should start with module_skins.py and use OpenBRF to navigate the meshes/materials/textures

https://youtu.be/iObwq1WaxQ8?t=83

I want to add that yelling to Warband.  :smile:

So I did this;

Code:
#(ti_on_agent_mount, 0, 0, [(eq, "$cheatmenu", 1)], [ #That doesn't make
# trigger param 1 = agent_id
    # trigger param 2 = horse agent_id
#(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent"),
#(store_trigger_param_2, ":horse"),
(0, 0, 0, [], [ #That maybe

(try_for_agents, ":agent"),
(agent_get_horse, ":horse", ":agent"),
(eq, ":horse", 1),
 (agent_get_animation_progress, ":progress", ":horse"), #WSE Operation
 (eq, ":progress", 2), 
(agent_play_sound, ":agent", "snd_man_yell"),
(display_log_message, "@Gee up!"),
(else_try),
(display_log_message, "@Error: Code didn't work!"),
(try_end),
      ]),

but somehow, code didn't work and I couldn't find it. Perhaps there is a prob in "getting the animation progress" ?

Does anyone know of any OSP that noticeably improves weapons2.dds (Native weapon texture, used by most if not all Native weapons + plenty of other old OSPs)?
It could really use a hd version... :sad:

been looking for an OSP with stone-bladed/wooden/tribal/neolithic weapons. All links I've found have been dead.cheers if anyone knows of any.

twinsens said:
been looking for an OSP with stone-bladed/wooden/tribal/neolithic weapons. All links I've found have been dead.cheers if anyone knows of any.
Lucas's 1st pack has some stone/primitive weapons.
3L2i72s.jpg
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,247595.0.html

As for Harry's Neolithic Weapons OSP (the one that I think you have found with the dead link), you can download it from here:
https://yadi.sk/d/Hpq0DseYtZKih

Leonion said:
Lucas's 1st pack has some stone/primitive weapons.
3L2i72s.jpg
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,247595.0.html

As for Harry's Neolithic Weapons OSP (the one that I think you have found with the dead link), you can download it from here:
https://yadi.sk/d/Hpq0DseYtZKih

thanks brother.

kalarhan said:
Leonion said:
Lady Ashwood said:

like @leonion showed above it is on your language folder. Remember to apply this change to all your supported languages (English, Spanish, etc).

When looking for a UI text: if its a hardcoded screen like inventory, party management, ... you should look there, not on modsys.

wow thank you both, that fixed it!! Have a great night.

kalarhan said:
imado552 said:

skins

make sure you are starting a new game to test the lords. Then check if its a bug on your code by using MnbSaveGameEditor or a direct code test (get name and print to log). Also see if your mod is not using language folder for the names (like MB&FS does), instead of the module_troops.py values.

for skins you should start with module_skins.py and use OpenBRF to navigate the meshes/materials/textures
i always try a new game when trying to test things out and i already did that and it is always the same dunno why ?
and i will see about what you advice me to do

and i already have the skins made what i'm asking is where should i go to use them in game i mean where should i go to be able to change how the town walkers and village walkers skins are (tale short old...etc)

Hi my friends

I play with Floris Mod Pack Expanded... an amazing mod!! Yes!

Please, I need some help because I want to add an option in the mercenary's dialog (About the mercenary that I meet in the tavern)
The same option having in the list of our party.

This is what I want to add:
_"Tell me about yourself ! Please".

... then he show me all his skills!

Can you explain me how to do?

Thank you in advance.  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom