Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, i was looking on how to add player faction culture to the Diplomacy module system constable recruit system, i cant find the way    :cry: i have all created: troops, upgrades, templates and custom culture for player faction(fac_culture_7), i can even manually recruit them on player owned fiefs but can't get the faction to show  on the  constable recruit culture selection menu.

thanks in advance .

So the "cultures" are just the existing NPC factions (since they're 1:1 in Native). slot_center_culture is never used in the recruiter scripts. You need to add a new player dialog to select the custom faction under dplmc_constable_recruit_select, then modify the simple_trigger to only recruit from the new culture.
Code:
               (assign,":stop",1),
               (try_begin),
                  (eq,":recruit_faction",-1),
                  (assign,":stop",0),
               (else_try),
                  (eq, ":village_faction", ":recruit_faction"),
                  (assign,":stop",0),
               (try_end),
               (neq,":stop",1),

Hi!

If I assign "crush through block" flag to the foot armor:
1. nothing will happen because game engine checks for that only weapon not agent/troop?
2. hero/ troop will crush through block with any weapon wielded?

EDIT:

3. I want to change (set new face code from the menu_module to be precise) face code of troop. Is there any command for that or 'face_slot'?

Thanks for any help!

I'm having a strange texture issue on the "veil" attached to a helmet model. in motion the chainmail texture looks strange and sort of warps as the character moves.

a picture doesn't do it justice but you can kind of see what I mean looking at the sides of the veil here:
gnUVVE1.jpg

the texture used by the veil:
SfJ0neW.png

I have no idea what I'm doing with models so any help is appreciated.

laius said:
I'm having a strange texture issue on the "veil" attached to a helmet model. in motion the chainmail texture looks strange and sort of warps as the character moves.

Ehmm.
Either I'm just blind or there are no problems with the texture because I don't see any distortions, spots or anything else at all.
It's a perfectly looking helmet.

But is it possible you're talking about an issue with the model? Helmets with veil/coif that are not skinned [properly] indeed look terrible when they move.
3KOxddM.jpg
(Helmet 1 is not skinned, helmet 2 is skinned)

thanks somebody , i managed to get the recruiter of diplomacy to get player_supporters faction to recruit and works fine.

But now i have a problem, i have a custom start preset (noble etc) that grants you a castle and 2 fiefs (newly created ones for player kingdom) and when the game starts 1 of them work fine they give my faction recruits from start to recruit and the recruiter from diplomacy get them too, but on the other i get swadian recruits even with the fief being mine from the start and when waiting 72 hours they swicht to my custom ones but the recruiter ignores that fief forever(waited 40 days and he still ignores) waiting on the first one to recruit again, also happens on conquested fiefs after 72 hours they still get ignored and i can recruit my custom troops just fine from them.  how i tell the diplomacy constable recruiter to also recruit on conquested fiefs?

tell me if i need to post any section of my python files . (using latest Diplomacy Module System)
im litte nooby atm and im still learning.

also wanted to publicity thank  Nameless Warrior for his absolute help with quest making  :grin: :mrgreen:

thanks in advance.

HyperCharge said:
m3Q2y1.jpg

What could cause that whiteness ?

Textures are OK, by the way.

And, how can I do alpha channel of normalmap and heightmap of texture ? I see in some textures that they are in green background. But when i tried to make my, its black or gray...(I'm sure that I dont do specularmap.)

Can you give an advice to use a program that does what i said ?

Anyone?

HyperCharge said:
m3Q2y1.jpg

What could cause that whiteness ?

Textures are OK, by the way.

And, how can I do alpha channel of normalmap and heightmap of texture ? I see in some textures that they are in green background. But when i tried to make my, its black or gray...(I'm sure that I dont do specularmap.)

Can you give an advice to use a program that does what i said ?
Usually a wrong resource loading order, but could also be caused by shader issues or broken/unassigned fall-back shaders.

Somebody said:
Textures, it's missing mipmaps probably.
The helmet's not skinned, but I see now what you mean.

Somebody said:
Textures, it's missing mipmaps probably.
Dammit.
While I was experimenting on vaegir helmets that have the same distortion issue and writing my reply describing them and my successful finding of the reason of the problem (mipmaps indeed)...
Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Well, as usual... :cry:

(using latest Diplomacy Module System)

i have a problem, i have a custom start preset (noble etc) that grants you a castle and 2 fiefs (newly created ones for player kingdom) and when the game starts 1 of them work fine they give my faction recruits from start to recruit and the recruiter from diplomacy get them too, but on the other i get swadian recruits even with the fief being mine from the start and when waiting 72 hours they swicht to my custom ones but the recruiter ignores that fief forever(waited 40 days and he still ignores) waiting on the first one to recruit again, also happens on conquested fiefs after 72 hours they still get ignored and i can recruit my custom troops just fine from them.  how i tell the diplomacy constable recruiter to also recruit on conquested fiefs?

tell me if i need to post any section of my python files .
im litte nooby atm and im still learning.

thanks in advance.

Question:

I'm trying to add a new menu option to village and town menus (in VC:RE) that would allow the player to recruit female volunteers.

For the most part I can just copy the existing script for recruiting male volunteers. However instead of referencing the male peasant troops for each culture I want them to reference my own custom female peasant troops. The menu in module_game_menus.py calls script_execute_village_menu_cosequence in module_scripts.py which in the section about recruitment references slot_center_volunteer_troop_type &
slot_center_volunteer_troop_amount - when I check them out in module_constants.py it just says slot_center_volunteer_troop_type =92

I'm guessing I need to create a new slot_center_f_volunteer_troop_type etc. etc. but I have no idea how it works on a fundamental level. Can anyone point me in the direction of better understanding how this works? How does the script know which troops and in what amount to recruit from each center and where can this be edited?

EDIT: Actually this question makes no sense and its the update_volunteer_troops_in_village script I need to look at.

I guess my question is about constants - I need to create a female version of slot_faction_tier_1_troop - when I look at module_constants.py it just gives each constant a number string... if I were to create a new script referencing female troops, lets say slot_faction_tier_1_troop_f , how would I define that?

Fearg said:
if I were to create a new script referencing female troops, lets say slot_faction_tier_1_troop_f , how would I define that?

read section on slots https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142422.0.html

the important thingy is to remember slots are like a address or cell number. You can't give two people the same number, otherwise you won't know who you are calling  :mrgreen:

check your section (module_constants.py) for which numbers (slots) are reserved for some feature, and use a empty one for your new feature. Remember that some are in ranges (like 300 to 500), so pay close attention to how they are described in that file

:grin: Great, thanks for the link, now I actually understand what that means.

So I found the section in module_scripts.py where slot_faction_tier_1_troop (etc.) is set for each culture. So if I create slot_faction_tier_1_troop_f as a constant and set it here referencing the troop id, then I've done it. Thanks!

EDIT: Another question about constants... how can I tell what range is usable? For example

#overriding troop info for factions in quick start mode.
slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_infantry      = 41
slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_infantry      = 42
slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_archer        = 43
slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_archer        = 44
slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_cavalry      = 45
slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_cavalry      = 46

slot_faction_tier_1_troop        = 41
slot_faction_tier_2_troop        = 42
slot_faction_tier_3_troop        = 43
slot_faction_tier_4_troop        = 44
slot_faction_tier_5_troop        = 45

I can't seem to find a logic to how those numbers are assigned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom