Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I would really apreciate help this time, 'cause I am working on it for some time and I am unable to go further. I have made dialog and script which gives ability (for the player) to equip a regular soldier (non-hero) troop.

My dialog and script works, but chosen eqipment doesn't save. So if I load game, soldier is naked - no armor, no weapon.

In script I changed player to temp_troop, and gave temp_troop some items. In dialog I wrote a code to make a trade temp_troop and "order soldier" using command 
Code:
(change_screen_equip_other,":troop_id"), 

Example from scripts:

#SCRIPT_UPGRADE_TROOP_ACOLYTE_WEAPONS
# INPUT: troop_to_exchange
# OUTPUT: none
("reequip_troop_acolyte_weapons", [
  (store_script_param_1, ":troop_id"),

(troop_raise_skill, "trp_temp_troop",skl_inventory_management,15),
  (troop_clear_inventory, "trp_temp_troop"),

#weapons_basic
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_katana", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_battleaxe", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_halberd", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_sword", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_sword_d", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_sabre", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_dolabra", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_pilum", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_shield_h", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_shield_pavise", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_steel_shield", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_shield_herb", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_sword_c", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_bastard_sword", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_scimitar", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_bow", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lvl_1_arrows", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_khergit_arrows", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_barbed_arrows", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_uruk_war_arrows", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_throwing_spears", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_throwing_sun_star", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_light_throwing_axes", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_flintlock_pistol_1", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_cartridges", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_double_sided_lance", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_war_spear", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_lance", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_military_pick", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_mackie_falchion_01", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_mackie_basehuitl", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_mackie_dog_cudgel", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_mackie_mangler_short", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_spyglass", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_sarranid_two_handed_mace_1", 1),
  (troop_add_items, "trp_temp_troop", "itm_sarranid_mace_1", 1),

(change_screen_equip_other,":troop_id"), 

(party_add_members, "p_main_party", "trp_sidh_acolyte",5),

(party_remove_members,"p_main_party","trp_temp_troop",1),

]),

example from dialogs:

[anyone|plyr,"member_talk", [],  "I want to change equipment of Sidh Sabbath Order.", "member_trade_aco",[(call_script, "script_become_temp"),]],

[anyone,"member_trade_aco", [], "Very well, which troop exactly do you have in mind?", "do_member_phase2",[]],

#[anyone|plyr,"do_member_phase2", [], "Sidh Acolytes, to be exact.", "do_member_phase3",[(call_script, "script_exchange_regular_equipment_facility", "trp_sidh_acolyte"),]],

[anyone|plyr,"do_member_phase2", [], "Order Acolytes' Weapons, to be exact.", "do_member_phase3",[(call_script, "script_reequip_troop_acolyte_weapons", "trp_sidh_acolyte"),]],
[anyone|plyr,"do_member_phase2", [], "Order Acolytes' Armors to be exact.", "do_member_phase3",[(call_script, "script_reequip_troop_acolyte_armors", "trp_sidh_acolyte"),]],

[anyone,"do_member_phase3", [], "It is done.", "member_sidh",[]],

[anyone,"member_sidh", [], "Anything else?", "member_sidh2",[(set_player_troop, "trp_player"),]],

[anyone|plyr,"member_sidh2", [], "Not now, thank you.", "do_member_trade",[]],

Please, could you help me about this one? So, how to save chosen equipment?

Hello,

I'm curiouse about how the Module System handles repeating commands, what would the priority be, and would the later commands executed overwrite the older ones if they are overlapping commands or same commands but with a different value?

Say, here is an example:  if I have "command A go to castle" in the middle of the mission_template.py file
and I also wrote "command A go to city" in the end of the .py file.
Would "command A go to city" overwrite "command A go to castle"?

What are the priorities?

troycall said:
Hello,

I'm curiouse about how the Module System handles repeating commands, what would the priority be, and would the later commands executed overwrite the older ones if they are overlapping commands or same commands but with a different value?

Say, here is an example:  if I have "command A go to castle" in the middle of the mission_template.py file
and I also wrote "command A go to city" in the end of the .py file.
Would "command A go to city" overwrite "command A go to castle"?

What are the priorities?
In general the module system will use the first instance of a condition being met in the file, so in this case if both commands have the same conditions it would use 'go to castle'.

Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to set a scene map a certain size, I'm testing a theory where I make a grid of the overland map and make a unique map for each section, that way terrain features on the world map will be present in the scene map
Quick example.
sLtlSBj.jpg

8Vfkb0n.jpg

But the largest size the scene maps go is 840 X 840 using the terrain generator, so I wanted to know if anyone knows a way to calculate a 1000 X 1000 scene to make things a bit easier.

Also if anyone knew the distance at which encounters occur, so stationary on the world map, enemy approaches and engages, what distance the two parties are apart? I'd like to know because I would like to use the positions of the parties to place the units in the same position on the scene map, so using the above images as examples, fighting the swadians would place you on top of the cliff, and facing the Nords would have you fight on the bottom of the cliff. I'm asking now because the ratio of World map to Scenes is 100:1 and it might not be a big enough distance to prepare units in time.

Is there any way to make an already finished scene 'bigger' using the module_scenes scene-code? Which number in the code do I have to change to only change scene size without screwing around with anything else?

ShaunRemo said:
and it might not be a big enough distance to prepare units in time.

you can use alternative methods to give extra time to the player, distance is just one of them:

1) Use a invisible barrier that stops you from going to far. Example: couple minutes, with a shortcut key that destroys it (Total War Style)

2) Reduce AI speed (running speed) for XX seconds so they will take longer to reach you. Let them run normally once they are closer

3) If you are the defender: you can spawn your army first and give a alert (message) saying that you spotted the enemy scouts. Gather your army/formation and XXX seconds later spawn the enemy

combo of those, or something else. Up to you

Ok so... where do I start.

I am trying to make a mod based off of the norman invasion. I will be taking certain creative liberties with it which is what makes it different from Brytenwalda. For example none of the characters will be the same although some will be based off of the historical characters, also some of the factions fighting might have their names changed and the england in my mod might look a bit different from the real england. I'm even planning on making different towns so you can tell it wont be the  same (Though I will use Anglo-Saxon names for the town and people). I'm using Morhps editor and thorgrims map editor but I don't really know what to do with them.

Anyway now that you know a bit of what my mod is about and have some background knowledge I seemed to have encountered several issues:

1. My first Issue is I cant figure out how to add in new textures for items.

2. My second issue is that I cant delete the sarrinid/khergit/anything of that nature items and they would break immersion

3. I cant figure out how to use thorgrims map editor... it just... I mean I cant even delete towns and when I try to edit the map its really slow... If there was some way I could flatten it out and get rid of the towns that would be great.

4. I don't know how to change the companions backstorys and the lords personalitys/family trees.

5. Lastly I want to merge some other mods in like diplomacy. I also want to be able to use triggers and have custom troops recruitable in towns (like in clash of kings mod).

TheDragonknight said:
I'm using Morhps editor and thorgrims map editor but I don't really know what to do with them.

more stuff

you will need the game code source (modules) to do that (#4 and #5). BW modules is available for download. You just need to learn how to mod using code.

Check https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183658.0.html for another map tool.

And remember to give credit to the authors of all that stuff you will be using.

Cheers

Thanks, yeah obviously credits and stuff I'll look into that but i might have some further questions. Oh... also thorgrims is the best one I could find, in the other one all you can do is move around towns...

Ok so I'm rereading this and it makes a bit more sense. For the source code I understand that... I would most likely use a clash of kings for the source and give them the credit obviously and maybe even ask them if I have to. As for the coding... what do you mean? As far as I know the only way to code is to edit the .txt files and I haven't found anywhere where I can edit the family stuff and so on.

Now I looked at the map thing, I cant thank you enough it looks really good, what with the last days of the third age thing on there. I hope this will help lots of other people who faced that problem.

I have almost everything working this was helpful.
EDIT: My only question is how do I give cartographer the information for the parties_module.py. I cant find the address... it trails off.

First, this is not the thread for questions about cartographer; second, please, for the love of God, never triple-post. You can edit your comments if you want to.
Finally, that's great, good luck with your projects!

I modded item prices with item editor in Viking Conquest.The problem is, I made jewlery prices 10.000, the first jewelry I sold brings me 10.000 gold just as I want but second jewelry I sold brings me  around 1.000 gold.I have maxiumum trade skills, the trade penalty shoulnd't be so drastic.Does it happens becaus of demands or because of trade penalty? I want to change this ,any help would be appreciated.  :grin:

I'm having some problems with the scenes in my custom town.

I edited all the necessary files, and added scenes to SceneObj (which are basically copy-pasted Uxkhal scenes). However...

1) There's no tavern keeper in the tavern (a NPC named Merchant is there instead)
2) The arena master is missing
3) The town centre is just a flat plain. The NPCs are all there though

Any help?

1/2:
For tavern keepers and arena masters you need to create a new troop and in which you'll need to assign the specific scene you just created.

Example:
["town_57_tavernkeeper", "Tavern_Keeper", "{!}Tavern_Keeper", tf_female|tf_hero|tf_randomize_face|tf_osa, scn_town_57_tavern|entry(9), reserved, fac_commoners, [itm_lady_dress_ruby,itm_ankle_boots,itm_veil_g], def_attrib|level(2), wp(20), knows_common, woman_face_1, woman_face_2 ],
Same principle with the arena master.

3: Looks like something went wrong with copying the scene file, be sure you got the correct scene with the right terrain code.

Anyone here knows how long it takes for mbrepository.com to send activation emails to new accounts?

Im planning on uploading there, and i'm curiouse how long its gonna take because it's been a couple of hours and I still didn't get an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom