Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunde works thanks  :lol:  :grin:
only it now gives syntax error in module dialogs and i know how to fix a syntax error but, this is a really weird one  :???:
because the modmerger part is called wrong:
  (assign, reg4, ":richer_centers"),
  (assign, reg5, ":poorer_centers"),
  (str_store_party_name, s5, "$g_encountered_party"),
  (str_store_party_name, s4, ":wealthiest_center"),

], "In terms of attacks on travellers, the town of {s4} is believed to be the most dangerous. Here in {s5}, we are less afflicted by bandits and raiders than {reg4} towns, and more afflicted than {reg5}. ", "mayor_pretalk",[
  ]],

[anyone|plyr,"free", [[in_meta_mission]], " Good-bye.", "close_window",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"free", [[neg|in_meta_mission]], " [Leave]", "close_window",[]],
#  [anyone,"free", [], "NO MATCHING SENTENCE!", "close_window",[]],
]
# modmerger_start version=201 type=2
try:
    component_name = "dialogs"
    var_set = { "dialogs" : dialogs }
    from modmerger import modmerge
    modmerge(var_set)
except:
    raise
# modmerger_end

error code:
Code:
NameError: name 'mesh_note_window_bottom' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 6, in <module>
    from module_dialogs import *
  File "C:\Users\joostgrunwald\Downloads\A World Of Warlock\A World Of Warlock\C
ompile\module_dialogs.py", line 26401
    try:
      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Exporting strings...

Vulpes_Inculta said:
Got a question here and hope it's a right thread to ask.

How may I change a range at which "allied" enemies join each other battles against player on the world map?

For example - 2 bandit groups are chasing me cause their combined strength is supposed to be higher. One of them attacks but another doesn't join because it's still too far away. That's not right. How may I increase this "joining" distance? Thank you!
it's in let_nearby_parties_join_current_battle (module_scripts).

builder of the gods said:
error code:
I don't see an error in provided part of the code. I could suppose that it's either a disguised indentation error or it comes from the other part. 

Rongar said:
Vulpes_Inculta said:
Got a question here and hope it's a right thread to ask.

How may I change a range at which "allied" enemies join each other battles against player on the world map?

For example - 2 bandit groups are chasing me cause their combined strength is supposed to be higher. One of them attacks but another doesn't join because it's still too far away. That's not right. How may I increase this "joining" distance? Thank you!
it's in let_nearby_parties_join_current_battle (module_scripts).

Thank you! But another little thing, how may I completely disable some script? There are weird constant fog in every scene in ACOK mod and I suspect this is connected to "initialize_fog -1" script. But if I just delete it from scripts.txt the game doesn't load.

Vulpes_Inculta said:
Thank you! But another little thing, how may I completely disable some script? There are weird constant fog in every scene in ACOK mod and I suspect this is connected to "initialize_fog -1" script. But if I just delete it from scripts.txt the game doesn't load.

Did you reduce the number at the top of the file by 1?

kraggrim said:
Vulpes_Inculta said:

Did you reduce the number at the top of the file by 1?

Sorry for being stupid but I'm not too good in editing scripts.. The whole thing looks like this:

initialize_fog -1
8 6 3 1224979098644774912 648518346341351446 648518346341352029 31 2 144115188075857182 0 1603 3 1224979098644774912 16384 1 5 0 31 2 144115188075857182 1 541 3 1224979098644774912 454 0 1603 3 1224979098644774912 16384 0 3 0

Do you mean I should reduce 8 to 7?

Just removing whole scripts is going to cause problems. It can still be called in other places. You could maybe try changing it to look like this instead:

initialize_fog -1

But I'd imagine you'll still have problems. Maybe try asking/searching in the ACOK thread. Also if there's a module source code available for ACOK that will help you.

dunde it doesn't works
i use kaos compiler so after making id i put it back and then compile
but i get the same error pretty strange and ruins whole pbod

fixed but:
me again i am almost finished just a little question and a KAOS error:
1 error batch:
Error: Unable to find object:script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction_gender_and_lands
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction_gender_and_lands

2 KAOS scripts
("troop_set_title_according_to_faction",
    [
        (store_script_param, ":troop_no", 1),
        (store_script_param, ":faction_no", 2),

(assign, ":custom_name", 0),
        (try_begin),
            (eq, "$kaos_use_custom_name", 1),
            (eq, ":faction_no", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
            (troop_get_type, ":gender", ":troop_no"),
            (try_begin),
              (eq, ":gender", 0), #male
              (troop_slot_eq, "trp_heroes_end", 0, 1),
              (str_store_troop_name, s0, "trp_heroes_end"),
              (str_store_troop_name_plural, s1, ":troop_no"),
              (str_store_string, s1, "str_s0_s1"),
              (assign, ":custom_name", 1),             
            (else_try),
              (troop_slot_eq, "trp_heroes_end", 1, 1),
              (str_store_troop_name_plural, s0, "trp_heroes_end"),
              (str_store_troop_name_plural, s1, ":troop_no"),
              (str_store_string, s1, "str_s0_s1"),
              (assign, ":custom_name", 1),             
            (try_end),
            (eq, ":custom_name", 1), #So if it fails, will rename normally
        (else_try),
            (call_script, "script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction_gender_and_lands", ":troop_no", ":faction_no"),
      (try_end),
      ]),
(sorry for bad english i am dutch)

Do you also have a script called script_troop_set_title_according_to_faction_gender_and_lands? Because it looks like the error is from second to last line calling for a script that doesn't exist.

Having this bug; the ai mesh is there but the guard who is meant to lead the player to the door only follows it about half the time.

Somebody said:
How are you scripting the destination? Tried using intermediate waypoints?

What's an intermediate waypoint? By the way I also have this problem, sometimes the AI in game does not follow an AI path even though it is there like walkers in a town scene

Dont send the ai directly to his destination, make intermediate destinations and when the ai reaches one, he will be sent to the next, until reaching the final one; so even if the ai mesh is suddenly not working like in the bug, the ai will find his way just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom