Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life_Erikson said:
Quick question:
Does anybody know where it is set if a castle is besieged by a siege tower or ladders?

Towers are setting from game_start script;

Code:
(party_set_slot,"p_castle_1", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_2", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_4", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_7", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_8", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_9", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_11", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_21", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_25", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_34", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_35", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_38", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_40", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_41", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_42", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_43", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),

In my opinion, the rest of castles are ladders.

Because there is have a code block in game_menus:

Code:
(try_begin),
             (party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
             (set_jump_mission,"mt_castle_attack_walls_belfry"),
           (else_try),
             (set_jump_mission,"mt_castle_attack_walls_ladder"),
           (try_end),

u768 said:
Ugu grot pulu mok, morak. Zaga mur mur Mordor. Ugh.

:razz:
340d014e-16c5-4516-88ff-1ec6707ea992.gif

PS: I am sorry for the spam!

Help! The problem is that after pressing the Start New Game sounds snd_gong (s_cymbals.ogg) and a character is given once 23 level. Although there are no corresponding entries in game_menus, module_troops, scripts, etc. :ohdear:
I suspect something is not true constants. If anyone will undertake to help, I can send a modular system and noting in the credits.

Vankod said:
after pressing the Start New Game sounds [my] character is given 23 levels. Although there are no corresponding entries in game_menus, module_troops, scripts, etc. :ohdear:
Not the most popular problem, but it pops up every so often. Allow me to quote myself one more time:
Lumos said:
Here's your answer:
Lumos said:
The error you're getting, MuszelBanana, comes from the XP given at the end of script_spawn_bandits jumping outside of a loop. This happens because you've not assigned your new faction their tier 1 troops. Make sure your new faction's troop slots are set up correctly, and this problem should not appear anymore.

I've got this posted at least twice in this very thread too... but failed to find the specific posts. :razz:
At any rate, this is what causes the "levels at game_start" issue. Make certain all factions' tiers are set up properly.

Vankod said:
Help! The problem is that after pressing the Start New Game sounds snd_gong (s_cymbals.ogg) and a character is given once 23 level. Although there are no corresponding entries in game_menus, module_troops, scripts, etc. :ohdear:
I suspect something is not true constants. If anyone will undertake to help, I can send a modular system and noting in the credits.

Lumos answered your main problem, but check this guide for more info on how to setup your factions
:arrow: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334271.0.html

Guys, thank you for the quick response. But I am afraid that the problem is not a new faction. I added to her slot_faction_tier_troop but everything remains the same. If you are interested, I can send the files.

What is it wrong with that dialog ? I tried speak of third character in my scenario.

Code:
[trp_oynucu, "event_triggered", [(check_quest_active,"qst_kale"),(check_quest_succeeded, "qst_kale"),], "Kaleyi aldık beyim.","troleybus98",[]], 
[trp_oynucu|plyr, "troleybus98", [], "Guzel.","troleybus99",[(call_script, "script_end_quest", "qst_kale"),(set_conversation_speaker_troop, "trp_kingdom_recruit"),(add_xp_as_reward, 1000)]],
[trp_kingdom_recruit, "troleybus99", [], "--- Iceriye bir er gelir. Ve der ki --- \ Beyim! Bizans tekfurları bizleri telef etmek ister! 2000 kisilik bir orduyla bize dogru geliyorlar!","troleybus100",[]],

Event is triggered from castle menu that have interests with that dialog. But dialog is not working properly when came to troleybus98. The third character is must be the kingdom recruit, but dialog staying at troleybus98, not moving on whenever I click to screen.

In header operations, Lav said that;

Code:
set_conversation_speaker_troop        = 2197  # (set_conversation_speaker_troop, <troop_id>),
                                              # Allows to dynamically switch speaking troops during the dialog when developer doesn't know in advance who will be doing the speaking. Should be placed in post-talk code section of dialog entry.

So it looks what i have done is wrong. Can someone tell me where should I use this for third or fourth character in conversations ?

produno said:
It seems every daughter has to have a father and the guardian slot is only used for brothers with no father?

Any way around this?

I seem to remember Brytenwalda ms sets some of these things manually, eg:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_1_lady_3", slot_troop_guardian, "trp_knight_1_2"),

I might be misinterpreting your question here though.

kraggrim said:
produno said:
It seems every daughter has to have a father and the guardian slot is only used for brothers with no father?

Any way around this?

I seem to remember Brytenwalda ms sets some of these things manually, eg:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_1_lady_3", slot_troop_guardian, "trp_knight_1_2"),

I might be misinterpreting your question here though.

This is handled in the script "initialize_aristocracy". You're right that the guardian slot is only set, natively, when there's no father. You're of course free to edit that script (the only place that slot is set) and its uses as you wish.

So I rearranged a mod's brfs to have all the textures and materials in their own 2 seperate brfs (loaded before everything else in the module.ini). The meshes are still in their many different brfs. I've seen a 33% reduction in startup time, which is what I was hoping for.

Theoretically is there any down-side to this? Not noticed a performance hit in battle so far, but not done much testing.

Krag,
How did you get it to run like that? I have a number of problem meshes that aren't happy without their texture nearby.
Three other loopy things I won't mention here.

I'm trying to create a master spreadsheet to assign values to items based on a mathematical formula.
Question: What is the value that the game assigns for:
1) penalty with shield*
Do all spears get this penalty even if this attribute is unchecked?
2) Does using a 1 h-2h weapon with 2 h give a damage bonus? How much?
3) Crush through (I assume parry): Does this work for all swing types or only overhead?
4) What does "unbalanced" do to attack strength or speed?
5) Force 64 bits?

Thanks for any insights.

Hi. I am trying to make javelins be carried like in the picture below. Does anyone know if it's possible? I tried adding the "force_carry_left_hand" flag in a bunch of places in "module_items.py", but nothing worked. I tried adding it after the "ixmesh_carry" flag but it didn't do anything. I know I have to change the position and mesh of the quiver, not the javelin. I'm rather new to the module system, so any kind of help would be appreciated...

http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/media/29/2934eea45e50f779a54fa4c9e87220c789a069174bf0cc660e2e3ad8b834b3dc/thracians.jpg

jacobhinds said:
They are carried like that in nativ  (with the tip pointing away from the thumb), it's just that the pose is different. However, idle javelins use the same animation as holding nothing, so unless you want them to stand like that all the time, there isn't much you can do.

I'm not sure if I was misunderstood or not, but I'm talking about keeping them behind the shield instead of on your back. Keeping 2-3 small javelins in your shield arm. So I'm looking for a way of maybe making the quiver not static and held in your left arm, behind the shield.

gdwitt, I haven't tested extensively so I may very well have problems like that but not noticed yet. It's that kind of potential problem I was wondering about.

1-How do i change the gate watch?There is a answer in the first page but is very out of date and i can't get it to work.

2-Is possible to add a separated reinforcement template,i want to kings have special units but if i put those units in the existing reinforcements templates all other lords you get the troop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom