Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HungKnight here is a link to a fire arrow kit, but you will need WSE for it to work.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,200331.0.html

And I'm not sure if you are asking but there is an torch item already in native that isn't used.

ShaunRemo said:
HungKnight here is a link to a fire arrow kit, but you will need WSE for it to work.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,200331.0.html

And I'm not sure if you are asking but there is an torch item already in native that isn't used.
thank

I've added ruthven's sea battle kit on my mode and I made a new scene for the dialogs(meetings) on the ocean. Here it is:

But I see this scene when I met a party on the bridges as well. And I've added this codes to "get_meeting_scene" script to solve that:
Code:
  ("get_meeting_scene",
    [
      (party_get_current_terrain, ":terrain_type", "p_main_party"),
      (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_random_scene"),
      (try_begin),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_steppe),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_steppe"),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_plain),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_plain"),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_snow),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_snow"),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_desert),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_desert"),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_steppe_forest),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_steppe"),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_forest),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_snow_forest),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_snow"),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":terrain_type", rt_desert_forest),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_desert"),
      (else_try),
        (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_sea"), #this one is the new scene I made
                                   (else_try), #for bridges
                                  (party_get_position,pos1,":terrain_type"),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_1"),
                                    (get_distance_between_positions,":cur_distance",pos1,pos2),
                                    (lt,":cur_distance",100),
                                    (eq, ":terrain_type", ":cur_distance"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_2"),
                                    (eq, ":terrain_type", ":terrain_type"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_3"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_4"),
                                    (eq, ":terrain_type", ":terrain_type"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_5"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_6"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_7"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_8"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_9"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_10"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_11"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_12"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_13"),
                                 (else_try),
                                    (party_get_position,pos2,"p_bridge_14"),

(try_end),
  ]),

But it does not work. What should I do to solve this problem?

jacobhinds said:
You need to add
Code:
(eq, ":terrain_type", rt_ocean),
before
Code:
(assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_meeting_scene_sea"),
Otherwise the script won't roll over to the section on bridges because there aren't any conditions.

I did what you said. But I get this error: "Name Error: name 'rt_ocean' is not defined"

ShaunRemo said:
I'm aware that the world map is in a map.txt instead of a brf hence the not knowing if this is achievable.
Just shove the map in a .brf and test it out. It's a 3D mesh anyway, so it should be almost ready for that.
I don't think the map itself will be the problem, but rather that you can't crop out the "middle" part of it where the scene terrain will be ("I'll hide it under the terrain", you may say, but that point is mostly moot if water is present, unless you're hiding it way below the water level, and that would probably create problems with the borders); and that upscaling an already ugly-looking mesh (in the context of a scene, against all of the scene meshes, I think it'd look terrible, despite maps being oftentimes quite beautiful for their intended purpose) would make it even uglier. Then you've got the borders which are unlikely to match the scene's terrain, and what if you're fighting in a mountain pass? How would you handle the "middle bit cropping" then?
You could go the TLD route and create custom scenes and borders for battles in the vicinity of specific places instead. That would probably be more work, but it's at least possible, whereas I doubt the formerly discussed idea could even work...

How can I move the head higher on the body of a race without upping the scale and thus scaling up the body?

Whoops, ****ed about with the skeletons a bit and that fixed it.

Hey Lumos that's what I've done now just had to figure out how to convert the text file to an .obj despite hoping that the world map could be called up in game without making a duplicate mesh.

ieP7vR5.jpg

I quickly gave the map UV co-ordinates and new materials ( the slightly darker sections are forests)

Here it is in-game as if the scene was at the red dot.
Qmsd2yJ.jpg

pATk8Ai.jpg

I think it works fairly well at this early stage however due to the infinite shader the landscape renders incorrectly so far.
The map is scaled 100X the original and seemed feel correct.
Now to figure out automatically positioning the map. Actually translates easily.

Edit: A few more screenshots of it working better, the map is scaled to 200X orginal, all shots are from the perspective of Maras Castle.
nj7l69m.jpg

A slight blue fog during the early morning. [The rendering issue can clearly be seen here]

nvhAv9t.jpg

An elevated view of Swadia

cyf7urX.jpg

The mountains to the side of Maras castle. (The world map will have greater texture resolution)

mpnBlD4.jpg

The scale of a 100x100 map against the world map.

SaRHlOF.jpg

A night shot. (weather conditions are tweaked here for a more realistic night than native)

What determines the order of troops shown in the overlay of a center when a lord is waiting there? I'm using rubiks party sort code, however when a party is waiting at a town the hero will appear at the top, followed by the town garrison in order, followed by the hero party in order.

Arch3r said:
vitali-attila said:
Arch3r said:
vitali-attila said:
Well, I did that as well)
Are you sure you have entry point 0? You have to type it manually, as it creates entry point 1 as first entry point, by default.

In the scene editor, you can select an entry point and see what number it has, and manually enter a new number. The scene editor also has a list with all the entry points that are on the scene. It should say there if there's an Entry Point 0.

Yes, I am sure. I saw the list). But I would like to know how much entry points there should be particularly in a Custom(quick) Battle and which 'No' stays for what spawning.

For quick battles? I believe it's 0 for the player, 1 for player army, 32 and/or 33 for the enemies.

Well, I decided to use one of the original maps as a template and edited it as I wanted. It turned out to be much simpler for me and for now it works fine. :smile: But I need an advise how to implement it to the Native Module. I just need this new map be implemented to the "Custom Battle" menu. Could you tell me how to do it correctly?
And one more thing - is there a function to set everything to default in the Module System?

I have a question for those of you who've worked on total conversion mods: Where did you start?

I have all the concepts for my mod written down and I've done the basic setup for the module system as well as some third party tools, but I just don't know where I should begin. Should I start with adding items? or new factions? or changing the world map? I feel slightly lost right now

Well, for Total Conversion mods, better start with factions, parties and settlements and then map. Then, all the other: Items, Troops, Grpahics, 2d art, interface and minor details. If you have written it all down, that will help you a lot. Good modding!  :smile:

Antonis said:
Well, for Total Conversion mods, better start with factions, parties and settlements and then map. Then, all the other: Items, Troops, Grpahics, 2d art, interface and minor details. If you have written it all down, that will help you a lot. Good modding!  :smile:

Haha you make it sound so easy

thanks for the advice  :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom