[MODDING] Prophesy of Pendor Tweaks and Talk

Users who are viewing this thread

No idea what I was supposed to be checking for. I ended up replacing those files with silent tracks. Was never a fan of those highly repetitious tracks anyway. I might even restore some original VA from older versions while I'm in here lol. Cheers!

Hey, does anyone know if there's a way to zero-out/disable a mesh so that it is either disabled or invisible in an existing game?

I know that you can replace meshes for items and they will take on the appearance of whichever mesh you give them, but in the interest of augmenting NPC appearance, I'm trying to find a way to circumvent pre-generated template items for use in existing campaigns.

I would like to make it so specific armor/clothing items appear invisible. For instance, say I use a modified skin, it will display correctly but it also overlaps with their item template, which if I'm not mistaken is generated only on a new game start. I'm not sure what I'd need to do with the original mesh to achieve this.

Hi people, any tweaks to change the vanilla female face for companion and NPCs in the game for the new face available for the player?

I'm trying to accomplish something very similar. In my case, I would like to make it so lords stop recruiting trash non-culture troops. I've found that I have to manually remove these units from them every day, so as to avoid them getting bloated down with lots of generic units that lack cohesion with the main army.

It seems that with every major battle my lords will recruit hundreds of different unit types which makes it a nightmare for both logistics and party tooltip bloat.

Tweak 17 i) Appears to have functions to deal with this. I haven't implemented or tested it myself but it looks like we could simply lower the relation modifier for AI to get the desired effect. Probably not a perfect solution but it's all I could find.

It might also be worth mentioning that there exists a blacklist function that is currently only applied to Noldor troops. (Tweak 17 h) With that it might be possible to inject other troop indexes into the formula so it applies to other faction troops.

Edit:

Maybe you could scrap all that. See (Tweak 15 i) This relates to prisoner recruiting based on culture.
I tested 17 i), it does reduce the amount of random crap in lord armies and increases the number of prisoners I can sell, though it is annoying to see Noldor in random lord/hateful armies. Bumped up the negative relation modifier to -1 point per 2 negative relations, but I'm -100 with heretics and still getting worshipers recruitable at level 28 with 5 persuasion so either it's not working exactly as described or I'm getting a lot of jackpot rolls.

Edit: Tried disabling jackpot, same nonsense happening. The tweak must be glitched

Last edited:
Haven't played for a few years, but last time I played I was able to use a custom oriental face. I thought it was a tweak, but I don't see it on the tweak page at the wiki. Does anyone know how to get the custom face added?

Hello guys. Really enjoy this mod. Its great and pretty deep. It really feels like I am playing Mount and Blade first time - its like a whole new game. Plenty of new interesting mechanics and stuff. I never get into early PoP bus(was more of vanilla&CO player) and I am really glad that I still try it - even in this year its really great.
Anyway questions:
>The Eyegrim mechanics of not Fallen troops conversion is pretty amazing(aka he convert his not Fallen troops into Fallen one)
Can it be expanded to make Lords convert their non faction/KO/Household troops/Mercenaries into either their factional troops(or mercenaries etc)? I really hate when you look at enemy or friendly party and see 20-30 units and sometimes list being so long that it don't fit the screen.
It would be great for minor factions as well.
Is there a tweak for that or could that be modded somewhat? Would be amazing.
>I am kind of trying to reduce number of units for factions and either cut branches or overall reduce number of units in the tree(like removing transitional troops)
This lead to a problem tho: some of the troops I want to remove are source of recruits for a Knightly Orders. Can some point me where and how I can change recruits for KO?
Any helps appreciated.

1) There is a tweak on russian forum that changed rescued troops to friendly faction only. I don't know if it exists on wiki. I can't find it.
2) Upgrades for KO in script_get_knighthood_order_info. (Recreating that scenario and searching by dialog text always helps.)

Thanks.
BTW Do you maybe know how to reverse that some Fierd Troops spawn as mixed gender one?
I want make common troops all male and noble all female one.

Last edited:
6 trigger in lead_charge mission_template
-25.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0 13 2071 1 1224979098644774912 1718 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 1073741857 3 1224979098644774913 360287970189639823 360287970189639827 1073741857 3 1224979098644774913 360287970189639837 360287970189639840 31 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640014 540 3 1224979098644774913 404 0 2136 3 1224979098644774914 0 100 4 0 2147483680 2 1224979098644774914 64 1505 2 1224979098644774913 0 5 0 1505 2 1224979098644774913 1 3 0

Delete it and decrease counter of triggers in lead_charge.

I found it(somewhat, there should be double space on both sides of first lone zero).
By what number I decrease the trigger counter? One or six? The trigger counter is that lone 66 close to Lead _charge? Reduced it by one. It don't crash the game but troops in Troops viewer still have mixed genders(or rather it have same gender but different at times - like I visit them in camp - its one , but on battlefield is another).Same on battle field. So it didn't work or dunno.
Thanks anyway

There are 33 instances of that trigger. I think if you delete them all it will help. Reduce every mission counter (66 in lead_charge). Also it may be needed to change troop gender in savegame. Depends on what was the last gender. Or you can create a temporary simple_trigger on key press (set troop gender).

I'm having a slight problem with the tweak involving mauritz van mettenheim. The dialogue that's supposed to show up never does, instead he keeps saying "we will shortly depart, it's good to know...". I can't read the .txt files very well so I'm not sure how to fix the problem. I'm using the tweak compilation I downloaded from the wiki for the mod. Could anyone help me figure out what's wrong or how to check and fix it?

Edit: I've managed to fix the issue. Turns out I wasn't paying attention to the values when I was making changes.

Last edited:
Tweak 18k listed in the fandom wiki is broken. It results in an unexpected end error for your simple_triggers.txt regardless of which number you put at the top.

Am I the only one getting the error message Get_object failed for skeleton model: skel_human_reduced.

It happens when the mod is loading settings data.

Is there a way to add aoe damage to certain melee weapons? I know it can be added to ranged weapons, but was wondering if same can be done to melee and if so can attack radius be adjusted and can blocking still remain functional?

That would require changing the files of the game rooted in the the source code for the mod. There may be a tweak for something like that. I am not aware of any however.

Does anyone know of a way to remove the RTR bonus from Marriage?

Similarly does anyone know how to remove/reduce RTR?

I thought having RTR was a good thing for a while but come late game it seems to result in no conflict between player and native factions. A bit boring for me.

Back
Top Bottom