Modding Inspiration Thread (Brainstorm with me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjarkan

Recruit
Greetings fans of Calradia and all the other worlds that we were able to explore because of our amazing modding community.

Let's brainstorm ideas for your dream mods !

Go crazy, go simple. whatever you like.
Maybe somebody of the modding community gets inspired by your idea and actually realizes it for Bannerlord !

If you like, add inspirational reference images, lore or whatever you can think of to help people grasp your idea.

Now, shoot!

Last edited:
Addition of plate armor, halberds, cannon, and muskets. Early Renaissance ****. Via a tech tree.

These would either be slowly unlocked at specific years in the game, or factions would have to build buildings in their towns and actively research them in order to contribute to their discovery. Ability to toggle on/off whether or not you want a certain tech to be researchable (so you wouldn’t be forced to play with muskets at the end of a 500 year long game).

but tbh I’d rather it be an official expansion. Just some mechanic that lets our nations feel like they’re evolving. Probably out of scope for a hack and slash rpg, but a boy can dream

index.jpg

Last edited:
A much more comprehensive spying system :

1) Expensive assassins with a fairly low success chance of taking out enemy lords.
(However, they would refuse to even try to take out a king because of the risk involved and the security).

2) Some particular NPCs would be experts in industrial espionage, after joining your party they could be sent (for an extra fee) to sabotage a business or enterprise. They might occasionally inform you when a particularly rich caravan was setting off from an enemy city and where it was headed.

3) Thieves and looters could be contacted and then paid / bribed to attack the caravans of enemy factions, whilst sparing the caravans of your allies or nations with whom you have a truce. You would have to go through a conversation, negotiating the exact fee with the leader or bandit king first.

Last edited:
Assassinations. Someone already bought the plot of land you had your eye on for your dyeworks? Pesky rival lord keeping you from climbing the feudal ladder? Hire an assassin to help you deal with the problem. Short on cash? Maybe sell your services to someone else for some quick gold.

3) Thieves and looters could be contacted and then paid / bribed to attack the caravans of enemy factions, whilst sparing the caravans of your allies or nations with whom you have a truce. You would have to go through a conversation, negotiating the exact fee with the leader or bandit king first.

Enemy factions? Try opposing clans. I want the intra-faction politics system to be as cutthroat as possible. Spreading rumors of a rival Lord, getting gangs to foment unrest in his cities, snitching on his movements to a rival faction in order to get him to lose a battle. Thant kind of thing

Enemy factions? Try opposing clans. I want the intra-faction politics system to be as cutthroat as possible. Spreading rumors of a rival Lord, getting gangs to foment unrest in his cities, snitching on his movements to a rival faction in order to get him to lose a battle. Thant kind of thing

Yeah, that too.

These are the links to the tips I posted on the forum by opening threads.
I will give a brief description, although from their titles one should deduce the topic they speak of.
2 MODES/ACTIONS WITH 1 BUTTON (2M1B)
NEW WAR ORDERS system
CREATE BATTLE FORMATION AND TACTICAL ORDERS system
The first 3 are systems.
-2M1B is about a fundamental mechanic that allows to use at least twice the game mechanics compared to the number of associated keys, simply increasing the number of ways in which a key can be pressed (recommended number of ways -> 2 and only for " similar mechanics ").
In the description of the mechanics there are the warnings.
in short: button can be pressed quickly (then release it before a time t passes) or pressed for more time (release it after time t), now we associate 1 action in each mode of pressing it and we have 2 mechanics with just one button.
-NEW WAR ORDER system uses the 2M1B to expand the number of orders that can be given without actually increasing the number of keys that we should press.
And take advantage of this increased action ability to deliver the following battle orders:
1) mechanics of relative and real-time rotation of the troops
2) troop position mechanics (hold the position and follow me mechanics)
3) select area order and select unit order (enemy or ally) (for fire at will, charge, chase ec ..)
4) change weapon (troops)
5) BATTLE FORMATION and TACTICAL ORDER.
you can use formations and orders created by you through the "CREATE FORMATION AND TACTICAL ORDERS system"
6) reworking of all known orders.
- CREATE BATTLE FORMATION AND TACTICAL ORDER.
It is a system for the creation of battle formation through the design of curves, in a geometric sense .. therefore also straight lines, segments, union of curves, etc., on a plane.
If battle formations are the form on which soldiers must position themselves to make it, tactical orders are the individual actions that the various soldiers must perform in the position they are in.
In summary: you can make any battle formation you can imagine.
Even crouched soldiers who use the shield wall and kick while staying lowered (those in the first row), while those behind raise the shield above their heads. Useless battle formation, but you are able to do it.
------
ADD NEW MOVEMENT MECHANICS(dodge/dash,low jump/jump,fast crouch/crouch & combinations)
These movement mechanics are added via the 2M1B and consist of what the title says.
In this thread(add new movement mechanics) you will find a mechanic, the step-dodge, which I wanted to discuss separately because it is very delicate and therefore find a link that will take you to this other thread in which it is exposed and discussed in detail:
NON-SPAMABLE DIRECTIONAL STEP-DODGE
----
Below are some unit balancing mechanics.
Specifically, the "shield + stucked projectile = encumbrance" thread not only tries to balance the relationship between ranged weapons and shield-armed soldiers.
But it establishes a SUBSTANTIAL difference between javelins and arrows, which is not a difference based on the damage parameter, but on the weight parameter.
6 javelins on a shield can equal 60 arrows.
In terms of damage?
no, in terms of weight -> encumbrance -> slowdown.
therefore the javelins have short range and even if they do not inflict damage because they are blocked with a shield, they can give an obstruction such as to force the unit to clean the shield or to throw the shield (on order be clear).
So the arrows need to be fired from a distance and for some time to be able to accumulate on a soldier's shield.
On the other hand, few javelins are thrown, but they weigh so much as to cause annoyance.
Also, not all javelins are created equal.
Why did the Roman soldiers launch the Pilum before charging for the enemy?
to hit the enemy itself?
if they hit it, well, but the main purpose was that the pilum fit into the enemy shield and twisted becoming inextractable from the shield, which therefore had to be thrown away because it was no longer transportable given the increase in encumbrance
SHIELD + STUCKED PROJECTILE = ENCUMBRANCE
jump from different heights->consequences
---------
logistics and support lines.
It takes into account the economy and production and how it is fundamental in a war.
It suggests the reuse of assets already present and familiar, it also presents examples of how a war is faced.
I wrote this thread because it seemed ridiculous to me that as soon as a war started it was possible to march directly on the enemy capital undisturbed.
LOGISTICS and SUPPLY LINES

---------
It should be clear enough from the title.
From some more mechanics with two-handed lances and two-handed weapons.
Side attack for 2-h spear: fast attack(small angle) and heavy attack(big angle)

Last edited:
Assassinations. Someone already bought the plot of land you had your eye on for your dyeworks? Pesky rival lord keeping you from climbing the feudal ladder? Hire an assassin to help you deal with the problem. Short on cash? Maybe sell your services to someone else for some quick gold.

I'd rather have murder plots like in CKII, where you have to gather allies and plan the deed, hoping that your victim doesn't uncover the conspiracy. All going well, the planning will culminate with your target cornered for slaughter at some secluded place or perhaps in the keep of another lord the target was foolish enough to trust.

I'm going to take a bath and meditade for 20 min, I'll come back with the most creative mod idea you guys have ever seen,
see you guys soon...

edit: I came back, prepare thyself...for my original idea is: a game of thrones mod.

feel free to please applaud

Last edited:
I'm going to take a bath and meditade for 20 min, I'll come back with the most creative mod idea you guys have ever seen,
see you guys soon...

edit: I came back, prepare thyself...for my original idea is: a game of thrones mod.

feel free to please applaud

WHat about a mod based on RAISING ARISONA where the dif factions can be : Cops, Criminals, Business man, Bikers

Since BANNERLORD has baby in it there could be mechanic where you can take baby and have baby. Weapons can include HAND/KNIFES/SHOTGUNS and instead of horses it could be CARS /MOTERCYCLES

T4PU9HK.jpg

Companions. Lots of companions. Lots and lots and lots of companions.

When you think about it, everyone else is just cannon fodder.

I really would love a low fantasy version of the Wheel of Time. Where the mystical elements are rare and instead focuses on the factions and the awesome world. That'd be sick!

This.
I'm already working on it.
The last two might be tricky when it comes to animations.
Have u seen videos of BestMods on youtube? he had an exploding arrows mod and the smoke and fire looked pretty convincing. I can link it if you'd like. Unless of course BestMods is you and that was your video :ROFLMAO:

Have u seen videos of BestMods on youtube? he had an exploding arrows mod and the smoke and fire looked pretty convincing. I can link it if you'd like. Unless of course BestMods is you and that was your video :ROFLMAO:

I figure he means the musketloading/firing anims. I doubt he has a mocap studio. But maybe Mixamo has some muset loading anims, who knows?

A series of quests to get special weapons/armor. It could be one of
+ Do quests and obtain specific material then craft whatever you want using said material
+ Fight someone to get their weapon (as in viking conquest)
+ Do quests to obtain weapons (explore ruins and such).

oh and Gangs of Glasgow remake

a dragon age mod. the next dragon age is too far from coming out for my liking, and i am urging to return to the world of thedas

A mod where you can buy an estate and decorate it, something like Corvo Bianco from Witcher 3. There is a nice house in mp_ruins map, maybe something like that with interiors.

Back
Top Bottom