Modding Eatrc into NW

Users who are viewing this thread

So I had this idea afew days ago and was wondering if it would be possible to mod Napoleanic war to feature the Eatrc armies.

I've only modded causally, so I don't know what I'd need to know to be able to do this.  But if someone can list the things I'd need to know or the tools I need to tackle this beast, I'd willing to give it a go.

While it's certainly possible and would allow for a more immersive multiplayer experience, you'd need to look at what kind of equipment you're adding in addition to NW's item set and which type of troops are going to be featured. To start with you need copies of both sources, Notepad++ and OpenBRF to move resources around.

So got the notepad++ and openBRF, but where do I get the source code copies? Or is it as easy as copying the 2 folders in module folder?

Also things i'd need to move over (not sure if any of it is already in there) Bow animations, shield animations, crossbow animations and the meshes for the items. Did I miss something or a lot of stuff?  I assume changing the gear, names and attributes is just a matter of setting variables in text files.

Why would you mod EATRC resources into Napoleonic Wars when it's already present for Warband? You're essentially attempting to modify a modification of a game in which the mod you are adding already exists?

I think it's so he can use some of the very good resources in NW such as sound effects and animations. The sound and animation are linked up very well and are much more immersive than any of the mods people have made with a lower quality animation and less well synced up with individual actions.

It would be easier to add the sounds and animations to stock WB, right? Instead of porting every other resource and replacing the map, items, models, etc., you'd take NW animations and sounds, and port just those into WB.

Feragorn said:
It would be easier to add the sounds and animations to stock WB, right? Instead of porting every other resource and replacing the map, items, models, etc., you'd take NW animations and sounds, and port just those into WB.
That's illegal for whatever reason, something to do with those assets being NW and not Warband so they need to be kept in a launcher that only works with people who own a key to NW.

Well my idea for making it into NW was because of the cannon mechanics. Wasn't sure if that could be moved to Warband so I figured I'd mod it into NW. My main motivation to try this was to create Jan Boruta's war wagon actually useble in a game (I'd post the pic for some epic eye candy but I'm too tired to find the link).

The cannon I found (after the slightest bit of tinkering in the map maker bit) was just a bunch of separate entities; the cannon, cradle, wheels, ammo box, etc. Then there was the actual usable cannon which when placed on the map was just a white box (if I remember correctly, was awhile ago that I did that). So I thought, "what if some entities were doors that were also part of it, that lead onto a platform that was pulled by a horse like a cannon. I'D HAVE A MAKE-SHIFT WAR WAGON!" This also sparked an idea for a sea battle, but I'd leave that till after the wagon was successful

So a good way to try it out (and set fire again to one of my favourite mods) was to make a mod using it.

On a side note, I haven't done a whole lot as work and the apprenticeship have gotten in the way. I done some reading for the modding too, but not a whole lot either.  Probably get some progress done in September when I head to school.

Back
Top Bottom