Modding Dialogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

freedomna

Recruit
Heya, I was wondering if it is possible to edit the module_dialogue of the mod. If so, is it possible to have the changes affect a current save game? I have the module_system downloaded, I edited the module_dialogue and ran the .bat file. It then gave me a file called 1257ADdialoguestates, however when I replace the original Dialogue States (along with the respective 1257ADConversation) it starts to give me glitchy dialogue.

freedomna said:
Heya, I was wondering if it is possible to edit the module_dialogue of the mod. If so, is it possible to have the changes affect a current save game? I have the module_system downloaded, I edited the module_dialogue and ran the .bat file. It then gave me a file called 1257ADdialoguestates, however when I replace the original Dialogue States (along with the respective 1257ADConversation) it starts to give me glitchy dialogue.
OT. Where did you found The module_system of this mod? Thank you

You can't use the Native module system to replace part of 1257AD.

If you want to change the dialogue, start Warband->Configure->Advanced->Enable Edit Mode
                                                                                              ->Video ->Start Windowed
->Ok and start your game.
Load a previous save or go start a new game, once your into the game, go to: View->Create Language Template->Default

that will put a bunch of .csv files into Warband/new_language

You can then change the dialogue part of those files to whatever you want.

Fire_and_Blood said:
You can't use the Native module system to replace part of 1257AD.

If you want to change the dialogue, start Warband->Configure->Advanced->Enable Edit Mode
                                                                                              ->Video ->Start Windowed
->Ok and start your game.
Load a previous save or go start a new game, once your into the game, go to: View->Create Language Template->Default

that will put a bunch of .csv files into Warband/new_language

You can then change the dialogue part of those files to whatever you want.
So there is no way to use the module_dialogue system with this mod? I read WinMerge might help, is that true? I am trying to switch the gender conversations so a lord is treated like a lady and vice versa (I am easily amused, what can I say).

WinMerge is only useful, if you have both the module system for Native and 1257 AD, then you could merge, but it can't be used, if you only have one module system.

By the way, if you follow my instructions to create a new language template, you can do all the changes you want to the dialogue. The created .csv files can be edited with excel.

In dialogs.csv is this line:

"dlga_start:village_elder_talk.3|{My lord/My lady}, you honour our humble village with your presence."

You should be able to just change it to: "{My lady/My lord}, you honour our humble village with your presence." When talking to the village elder, it would then address a male player with "My lady".

{ / } is used for gender identification. The part before "/" gets used for male and the part after "/" gets used for female.

Fire_and_Blood said:
WinMerge is only useful, if you have both the module system for Native and 1257 AD, then you could merge, but it can't be used, if you only have one module system.

By the way, if you follow my instructions to create a new language template, you can do all the changes you want to the dialogue. The created .csv files can be edited with excel.

In dialogs.csv is this line:

"dlga_start:village_elder_talk.3|{My lord/My lady}, you honour our humble village with your presence."

You should be able to just change it to: "{My lady/My lord}, you honour our humble village with your presence." When talking to the village elder, it would then address a male player with "My lady".

{ / } is used for gender identification. The part before "/" gets used for male and the part after "/" gets used for female.
Works like a charm! Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom