Modding capabilities through the open beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you guys think that modders will be able to do *some* work when the open beta comes out? Obviously it’ll be incompatible with the games release, but there is still a myriad of things possible to be done. Do you think they will be able to?

[SOTR] Roy said:
Do you guys think that modders will be able to do *some* work when the open beta comes out? Obviously it’ll be incompatible with the games release, but there is still a myriad of things possible to be done. Do you think they will be able to?

I don't think there will be a proper editor in open beta, highly doubt it. Armagan Yavuz has said multiple times before that the game will have a fleshed out editor, but it will not be one of the first things on the assembly line so to speak.

It really depends on how open the files are. I know for a fact that I will be poking around a bit, and considering how open the warband files are I am hopefull that there is something to work with. While the custom mod editor is going to be released later we probably wont see much of map creations, but there will surley be possible to start looking at/working at some stuff.

Worst case scenario the files are all impossible to read and edit and there wont be much to do.

Perhaps it’s for the best that things are not modded during beta. After all, modders are players, not just slave bots, they are going to want to play the game, and the beta gives them an opportunity to do that while not feeling guilty by neglecting their mod.

HoloNesan said:
Beta is for testing, not for modding. And it is still far from official release, the game may change over time.

+1. I love mods myself, can't wait for them don't get me wrong. Speaking of mods, I loved the trailer you guys put up a month ago. Great work.  :lol:

Well, I was thinking they could start working on models and textures, getting a feel for the files and working on things in a limited capacity (ie. Transforming a helmet into a different look). Obviously the beta is for testing, but if there are things available to do, modders would be smart to get on that so they can get a head start. All of this is, after all though, speculation.

Doğacan said:
HoloNesan said:
Beta is for testing, not for modding. And it is still far from official release, the game may change over time.

+1. I love mods myself, can't wait for them don't get me wrong. Speaking of mods, I loved the trailer you guys put up a month ago. Great work.  :lol:
You are welcome :grin:

There usually isn't any point to modding a game that isn't fully released. Code changes so quickly that your work is likely to be made completely obsolete in a matter of weeks. This was a problem with early mount and blade which was still in a state of rapid change while people were trying to mod it. And editing textures isn't something you really need bannerlord to practice doing.

The one thing I can imagine might be useful to get a head start on is decoding whatever resource files they use. I can't remember there being any talk of a resource file editor released at launch, so that would be the first step to making the game moddable.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
...The one thing I can imagine might be useful to get a head start on is decoding whatever resource files they use. I can't remember there being any talk of a resource file editor released at launch, so that would be the first step to making the game moddable.

Hopefully, that function will be covered by the resource browser and model/animation viewer.

There usually isn't any point to modding a game that isn't fully released. Code changes so quickly that your work is likely to be made completely obsolete in a matter of weeks. This was a problem with early mount and blade which was still in a state of rapid change while people were trying to mod it. And editing textures isn't something you really need bannerlord to practice doing.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1464090667824385857

A few years back they were considering getting denuvo to help with anti-hacking, but this can also hinder modding. Does anybody know if this is still the case, or if it even went through in the first place? It was a rumour, yes, but some bannerlord rumours have come true.

[SOTR] Roy said:
A few years back they were considering getting denuvo to help with anti-hacking, but this can also hinder modding. Does anybody know if this is still the case, or if it even went through in the first place? It was a rumour, yes, but some bannerlord rumours have come true.

There was a leak where supposedly TW was interested in Denuvo, but I don't think it was ever confirmed or denied. Seeing as how they're putting a lot of eggs in one basket with Bannerlord I hope they don't take that route. Good games don't need annoying DRM to sell well and they are respected by their community.

Yabloko said:
[SOTR] Roy said:

There was a leak where supposedly TW was interested in Denuvo, but I don't think it was ever confirmed or denied. Seeing as how they're putting a lot of eggs in one basket with Bannerlord I hope they don't take that route. Good games don't need annoying DRM to sell well and they are respected by their community.
do you have a source for that?

Noudelle said:
Yabloko said:
[SOTR] Roy said:

do you have a source for that?

It was from a reddit post where lots Denuvo mails were leaked, and has long since been deleted because it contained personal stuff. One of those mails was from someone at Taleworlds asking for more info about this technology.

HoloNesan said:
Didn't stop them in the Warband beta. I already have a relatively fleshed out idea for a small MP mod.

Back
Top Bottom