Modding Bannerlord - Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to ask a few questions:

1.  Can we write equivalents to new simple_behaviors?  Will there be example code provided?  One of the things that really concerned me, watching the videos from the last public showing at Gamescon, strongly indicated that the horseman AI is pretty much a direct port (and therefore, incredibly slow compared to the well-optimized code of the infantry AI).

2.  How soon in advance of the release can we see the new model / mesh formats for characters, armor, and weapons, and examples of how they're implemented?  Personally, I think this is vital; I don't think I would've made Blood and Steel if OpenBRF didn't exist already; the Taleworlds-provided Blender tutorial was weak, arrived too late, and wasn't really all that useful by comparison.

3.  Will there be an automated tool for developing pathfinding in Scenes? 

4.  Will there (finally) be ways to manipulate the pathfinding mesh properly via code?

5.  Will the pathfinding mesh include flags indicating whether an area's passable by infantry, but not by horses?

6.  When will we see examples of new skeletons, and a workflow for implementing them, tying them to animations, etc.?

7.  Will the modular-weapons idea be mandatory, or can a mod simply say that a given weapon doesn't have any variations?

8.  How will we write new Party behaviors, interactions, etc.?  What does the structure of Conversations look like?

9.  We've gotten vague answers about access to the shaders.  Can we at least write new ones and assign them to Materials?  Or are we stuck with whatever setup is built in?  If the latter, I'm probably not even bothering to mod Bannerlord, frankly; custom shaders allow for whole new looks and behaviors (and given that this is a DirectX 11+ game, I'm expecting to be able to use geometry shaders, etc., finally).

10.  How will Scene terrains get generated, and how will code be able to interact with it dynamically?  Will we be able to alter the heightmaps, random placement of objects, etc., via code?

11.  Will we able to implement new core sets of animations that can be targeted on a character depending on the weapon / armor / shield they're carrying? 

12.  Will we finally be able to define all-new Weapon Types from scratch?  This limitation in Warband is seriously annoying; I hated having to sacrifice one important weapon type to get another one working at all.

13.  How will weapon animations be designed?  I presume that the new engine will finally dispense with vertex animations, but what does that mean, exactly? 

Will we rig weapons to a skeleton and animations?  What if we have to make a new animation and new rig for it?  Will we have the ability to tie parts of weapons to an IK bone and have physics performed by the engine, or coded in by modders?  For example, what about all of the important weapons of the Middle Ages that aren't in Warband- flails, stave-slings, slings in general, spear-throwers, whips, nets, etc.?  There are a ton of weapons that just aren't very practical to even add right now, and I see no signs they're in Bannerlord, which is really disappointing.

15.  When will we be able to see the tools used to implement morphs on body armor?  It's very important that we're able to understand how the morphs get used; the old male / female morphs were complex enough and required a fair bit of tuning to replicate in OpenBRF.

16.  Has TW finally hired Mtarini to think about these issues with modeling and asset creation by modders for them? 

Seriously; he's about the only person I'd trust with understanding how modders work, what we actually want (from simple n00b "I wanna take Kewl Sword from Some Other Mod and stick in My Mod" to "I want to implement objects with entirely custom shaders, vertex colors as control systems and passthrough data manipulation via middleware", and presenting all of it in a reasonably-coherent workflow.  I really hope TW has at least made him an offer.

17.  How will the new equivalent to flora_kinds work?  How much low-level control will we be able to have via code?

18.  Will the Bannerlord engine finally allow access to all object types in a Scene?  It's a crying shame that we cannot iterate through a bunch of the major object types, let alone do anything with them.  I'm really hoping all object types that aren't fundamental (i.e., terrain, sky system) are all Objects (in the coding sense) that are sub-classes of a fundamental Scene Object type.  Then, say, writing systems to deal with object elimination in a Scene to keep performance high, etc., won't be fundamentally limited.  I get that it's attractive to treat, say, grass objects as a special type (for performance reasons) but it's actually a terrible idea at this point in computing history.

19.  How much explicit support will the engine have for multithreaded operations?  I presume the main engine's multithreaded and takes advantage of today's multi-core CPUs, with well-conceived safe access to game variables, etc., but what about mod code?

Anyhow, those are my questions at this point.  I really wish TW would talk a LOT more about how the workflow for content works, how they expect coding a mod to work (from Hello World to Custom DLL, compile-at-runtime, or another middle-level bytecode format), and how the engine works at a deeper level. 

If they're hoping for the same mod scene, they really should have things set up so that newbies can put in a simple weapon into the game within an hour (using a provided example mesh, textures, etc.) and coders can implement new features rapidly and easily.  Not like the early days of M&B, where only a select elite even knew how to get a mesh turned into a BRF :razz:

If the staff at Taleworlds want to see what an excellent, modder-friendly C# codebase should look like, in terms of quality of documentation, clarity of purpose and design simplicity, I'd like to recommend that they read through the API for Starsector (which was written by, and maintained by, one person!!!).  That's what a really good codebase should look like at release, if it's aiming to be modder-friendly and attract a lot of interest at release. 

I really hope we're not going to see a repeat of Warband, where a great deal of the core Module System code's not documented at all, is documented in Turkish, or in a mishmash of English and Turkish, with misleading comments, code segments that aren't Turing-complete, etc. that only a few elite coders can even wade through, let alone make new things with :wink:

xenoargh said:
I'd like to ask a few questions:]

Great questions.  :grin:

3.  Will there be an automated tool for developing pathfinding in Scenes? 

I doubt it's reliable as TW normally don't use it:

20. How does the AI pathfinding work? Will sceners have to create AI meshes for their scenes?
Yes, scene makers will need to create navigation meshes. The scene editor has a tool to create the nav-mesh automatically but results vary and we generally prefer to create them manually.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1464090667824385857

4.  Will there (finally) be ways to manipulate the pathfinding mesh properly via code?

5.  Will the pathfinding mesh include flags indicating whether an area's passable by infantry, but not by horses?

TW have said:

15. Will troop and party pathfinding AI be accessible or hardcoded?
Pathfinding will be hardcoded. You can turn faces on/off in a navigation mesh though, so there are ways to control path-finding behaviour.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1464090667824385857

...we decided to redo the campaign map system built on the new scene editor...
...Designating areas of the campaign map with different terrain types allows us to do more than just match battle scenes to parts of the map, it also allows us to control AI behaviour (for example, limiting the areas where certain bandit parties can roam) and affect party modifiers (such as movement speed). We think that modders will find these terrain types to be quite useful as they can be used in a number of inventive ways.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1681414081363392053

and shown us:
QcWtL.jpg

Which, as the scene editor is now used for both scenes and campaign maps, suggests that pathfinding is controlled by terrain types and the ai mesh. TW have also abandoned randomly generated battle maps for hand crafted scenes, which suggests pathfinding will be fixed within a scene using the scene or path editors rather than dynamically changed via code. Hopefully, we will be able to create new terrain types to restrict movement of certain troop types within particular scenes.

6.  When will we see examples of new skeletons...

I was quite impressed by TW's camel ( https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1649878739721910509 ) and would also love more detail on the workflows to add new skeletons.

WILL MODDERS BE ABLE TO USE SKELETONS AND ANIMATIONS THAT USE A DIFFERENT AMOUNT OF BONES THAN THE HUMAN OR HORSE SKELETONS?
“Yes, they will definitely be able to use different types of skeletons! For example, our new camel mount has a brand new skeleton and animations which we easily added to our engine. We try to make sure that modders will be able to add any type of skeletons and creatures to our engine without having any issues.”

WILL WE BE ABLE TO ADD CUSTOM ANIMATIONS TO A CUSTOM ACTION?
“Yes, you will be able to add custom actions and animations!”

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1648761723387812573

7.  Will the modular-weapons idea be mandatory, or can a mod simply say that a given weapon doesn't have any variations?

I believe melee weapons must be broken down into parts:

29. Is Armour created the same way as you have shown the weapons to be created?
The crafting system only works for melee weapons. Armour, shields, bows and crossbows cannot be crafted.

30. Does this mean that creation of arms and armour now are internal to the game superstructure and if so, does this support independent artists from adding their own weapons and armour to the game?
Crafted and non-crafted items are added in different ways, but modders can add both. For crafting, modders can easily add new crafting parts. They can also add new weapons by editing an xml file only, specifying which parts the new item is made of.

16.  Has TW finally hired Mtarini to think about these issues with modeling and asset creation by modders for them? Seriously; he's about the only person I'd trust with understanding how modders work, what we actually want (from simple n00b "I wanna take Kewl Sword from Some Other Mod and stick in My Mod" to "I want to implement objects with entirely custom shaders, vertex colors as control systems and passthrough data manipulation via middleware", and presenting all of it in a reasonably-coherent workflow.  I really hope TW has at least made him an offer.

+1 OpenBRF is great for manipulating Warband game assets. I suspect the TW have split general modding tasks across a number of more specific editors:

3. Can you provide us with screenshots and/or a list and description of the various tools that you use and that may be made available to modders?
Scene editor
qOjpU.jpg
XiFmj.jpg
Mesh editor
Material editor
Model/Animation viewer
180_8.jpg
Skeleton editor
Replay editor
Particle editor
8bw0x.jpg
Atmosphere Editor
Cloth editor
QWbEL.jpg
Path editor
Resource Browser

Also, the runtime performance profile tools that we use will be available for modders. They will be able to check the performance impact of their changes.
curKC.jpg

19.  How much explicit support will the engine have for multithreaded operations?  I presume the main engine's multithreaded and takes advantage of today's multi-
core CPUs, with well-conceived safe access to game variables, etc., but what about mod code?

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord relies even more on CPU usage than Warband. Hundreds of characters, more advanced animations, an Inverse Kinematics system, individual AI, formation AI, combat calculations, (which do not change in respect to distance or visibility,) and many other requirements really increase the burden on the CPU. In order to accommodate this, our optimisation efforts are more heavily focused on the CPU. We generally try to use Data Oriented Design, which enables us to achieve high amounts of parallelism and core usage. Currently, 60-70% of the frame is fully parallel, which means it can, and will, use all of the cores of current and next gen CPUs for the foreseeable future, (the old engine generally used to use 1, or at most 2 cores.) This means that as new, higher core count CPUs begin to emerge, Bannerlord will scale well with the new hardware and players will be able to test bigger and denser battles. Currently our aim for battle sizes on current generation high end gaming CPUs is at 800 characters, at 60FPS.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/3244137880934579683

Anyhow, those are my questions at this point.  I really wish TW would talk a LOT more about how the workflow for content works, how they expect coding a mod to work (from Hello World to Custom DLL, compile-at-runtime, or another middle-level bytecode format), and how the engine works at a deeper level. 
If they're hoping for the same mod scene, they really should have things set up so that newbies can put in a simple weapon into the game within an hour (using a provided example mesh, textures, etc.) and coders can implement new features rapidly and easily.  Not like the early days of M&B, where only a select elite even knew how to get a mesh turned into a BRF :razz:
If the staff at Taleworlds want to see what an excellent, modder-friendly C# codebase should look like, in terms of quality of documentation, clarity of purpose and design simplicity, I'd like to recommend that they read through the API for Starsector (which was written by, and maintained by, one person!!!).  That's what a really good codebase should look like at release, if it's aiming to be modder-friendly and attract a lot of interest at release. 
I really hope we're not going to see a repeat of Warband, where a great deal of the core Module System code's not documented at all, is documented in Turkish, or in a mishmash of English and Turkish, with misleading comments, code segments that aren't Turing-complete, etc. that only a few elite coders can even wade through, let alone make new things with :wink:

+1  :grin:

PS Global Illumination is now baked into scenes, which can be time consuming - TW were't able to bake all scenes for their Gamescom demo in time:

gkx said:
Al-Mansūr said:
Being compelled to have a light source (lamp, torch or whatever) could be fun though!

In some other videos, the indoor lightings are much better (despite some issues, still): https://youtu.be/98gxehJeYAI?list=LLR7FmUSA2jKfBHY-l6evjsQ&t=2337

This one is better because it has global illumination we did not have time to bake our global illumination solution to all scenes used in demo. Also for some videos there is weird compression issues in videos which can seen in some taverns and lord's halls, which causes dark colors to become more darker and artifacty.

No more random battlefields? 

But they don't have automated pathfinding tools (that work well) to lower that workload?  Eek.  Making the few non-random Scenes in Blood and Steel at a reasonably-polished standard took forever :roll:

I really don't understand why automating pathfinder-mesh generation on simple scenes (not including caves, roofed-over buildings, etc.) is difficult; cast a bunch of rays, get collisions, don't generate pathfinder quads IF <conditions, such as, "I hit a tree" or "this heightmap normal is too steep to climb">.  Granted, I've never written one before, so there must be a Gotcha that's made it a challenge. 

I'm not terribly happy to hear that it's still hard-coded, though; I was hoping code would be able to access the navmesh, iterate through the vertexes, get their world positions, turn individual vertexes on and off, add new ones, etc., so that various procedural Stuff was finally practical.  I still think it would be Cool to do a Roguelite based on this engine, but that really requires a dynamic pathfinder :razz:

GI's baked into scenes?  Well, that's good, in theory.  Is it baked to vertex data or is it some streaming texture format?  How's that going to interact with shaders?  I'm presuming it's a lightmap approach, like the old Beast engine for Unity, where it gets paged in... but how's that going to work with objects where multiple faces share a UV coordinate, etc.?  If it's vertex-based, it'd be nice to get some guides as to vertex spacing so that the lighting looks good, etc.

The editors look all right, but the devil's in the details; I'm a little concerned they don't have them available for us to alpha-test, break, request features, etc. already, since they're obviously being used in production.  Workflow issues with these tools are critical to the modding community picking them up right away; while the ability to (finally) combine mods promises a lot more flex, a toolset where it takes a week of work to implement a rigged armor will really slow access (and pretty much freeze out people without giant amounts of free time).  A really good system should allow any newbie to move a Warband BRF into Bannerlord without much effort, including re-rigging.

I think it's interesting about what's modular.  I hope armors can have modular components, like what Dthehun's doing with Wardrobe and I've been doing in Blood and Steel.

I like the answer about multithreading / multicore operations, although it's unclear whether that means mod code can also use a thread, get safe access to shared memory, etc.  At least that probably means the engine will scale well, instead of chugging when it hits the limits of one CPU.

I'm glad particle systems can finally be edited visually and it looks like it's a nice modern system that won't eat lots of CPU, too.  That's great; I can look forward to building snazzy new effects.

I suspect their auto-ai mesh generator falls down on siege scenes with walkways on castle walls, tower stairs etc. where things get fiddly, but I’m only guessing. Equally, I don’t know how an auto mesh generator could cope with multiple castle upgrades all held in the same scene using their new layer masking system.

Again you may be able to switch faces of the ai mesh on and off with code, I just think it’ll be done in the scene or path editor as scenes are now all set pieces.

TW promised full documentation of their editors and workflows. However, I expect this will be held back until after the early access beta to keep us focused on bug testing vanilla Bannerlord rather than tinkering and confusing matters by introducing new bugs etc. Hopefully I’ll be wrong.  :grin:

What about having custom player skins for things like weapons, armour, horses, etc, not saying it needs to be everywhere in the game, just a nice feature for the xp system or singleplayer modes.

What about having custom player skins for things like weapons, armour, horses, etc, not saying it needs to be everywhere in the game, just a nice feature for the xp system or singleplayer modes.
I assume a lot that weapons and armours will be open to choose for the people in singleplayer anyway, like it is in Warband. The only place where something like this makes sense is the native multiplayer. For the rest there will be mods anyway.

I assume a lot that weapons and armours will be open to choose for the people in singleplayer anyway, like it is in Warband. The only place where something like this makes sense is the native multiplayer. For the rest there will be mods anyway.
I was thinking about different hilt and pommel designs for swords for example, it would be great if you could get a custom design system for bannerlord

There has been a discussion on the beta Discord (which is not accessible to everyone) so we thought it would be good to transfer it to the forums:

1. Is the AI's behaviour moddable?
This is not one of the subjects I am responsible but I will try to answer with my current knowledge, forgive me If I give some misleading information. Multiple layers of AI behaviours have different levels of moddability. The lowest part, AI vs AI level can not be directly moddable but there are lots of variables that you can modify from the C#. Like, aggressiveness, cautiousness, level etc. The formation level part can and will be moddable. You can create your own formation classes that can govern the individual positioning, targetting and direction of the agent groups. The highest level(the one which is like playing chess with the formations) should also be moddable but I am not sure about the exact way to do it.

2. Are most of the game presentations looks and behaviour (such as trade screens, dialogs, etc) moddable or hardcoded?
I am not very sure about changing the current ones easily but making a new one will be very easy. Invoking and running them will be easy. That was a functionality in the first mod we tried with.

3. So my question was quite simple actually but obviously I wanted to dig in for more information while asking that question. So when we try to change the location of the sun based on the delta time in every tick in the mission, we are facing huge fps drop offs most likely because of the recalculation happening in lightmaps. Someone asked "Theoretically, is there no way to implement the sun changing location without relying on delta time/framerate and pre-rendered lightning?" and my reply was "Well yes and no. In theory, you are always redrawing the frame anyway. For animations, and non-static objects, shadow layers etc. However, from what I have played around, current Bannerlord RGL is really great at handling this which I'm surprised a lot. Let me give an example about this as well, currently, in RGL, only important pixel regions are getting updated in sense of lightning. Meaning that, let's say you have 1024x1024 resolution, if we divide that into 4, you will have 16 different regions each have 256x256 pixel region. If let's say, nothing is moving in region 1, then region 1 stays same and only polygon data getting drawn onto the screen ( which based on the camera frustum obviously )Which is really logical since you don't need all those areas to get recalculated over and over again, you can just redraw that. But when you change the sun, this affects whole scene which puts a heavy calculation problem on RGL's shoulders. I think to overcome this, they have a flag in scenes saying "IsInterior" which basically tells the engine to chill and not calculate the sunlight effect since it shouldn't matter." I kinda wanted to know if my assumptions are true or not. I also wanted to know if it's feasible to create a dynamic weather and day cycle within the game scene or not.
I can easily guess the things that drop the FPS. Sun direction change means recomputation of:
* Static shadow maps. 10 ms.
* Environment maps(PBR lighting techniques use these to compute the diffuse ambient, ambient specular and reflections). There is a computational heavy filtering operation, which generally takes 400 ms.
* GI re-lighting. We store the GI data in a way that it is independent of the atmosphere, It precomputes the transfer of light, "incoming" mapped to "outgoing"(from the sun, to object then eye). Once you change the lighting environment(skybox, sun direction, sky brightness), we need to remap the incoming the lighting to outgoing in the GI probes. (Generally, there is 100K - 200K probes in a scene). This takes generally 300 - 400 ms in a high spec computer.

However, we have a dynamic atmosphere in the world map. What we do to handle this is as follows:
* We do not use GI right now, so we do not have a specific solution for that.
* We have an atmosphere curve which we define the atmosphere values as curves. Then let's say for every 1 hour, we pre-render and pre-bake the environment map and save it. Then load it and interpolate between the old and the new.
There is a chance that this system can be used to handle such a situation. But you would definitely need the editor for that.

4. Frankly, I wasn't expecting a Profiler like millisecond answer, but this definitely proves that I asked the right guy. Static shadowmaps are totally fine to take 10ms and I should say, I was expecting something higher than that. However in terms of environment maps, what exactly taking that much computational power? Can't say that I'm expert at it but as far as I know, there are already really mainstream ways to calculate that which proven for many engines. Also, can you explain what you mean by "atmosphere curves" because from what I have seen in Bannerlord, we can think Atmosphere as an object which contains lots of different information. But was that what you mean or did you mean atmosphere as ambient colour and sun direction? Because they are a bit different in terms of modding and extending the game ( i.e. you can have a sun rising effect but can't have stormy rain etc )
You need to first render and light the scene in the position of the cube map in 6 directions. With small work, you can use this as the most glossy reflection while rendering. However, when surfaces start to become less glossy, you need to use the combination of the pixels values. This is not a simple down sample operation, you need to cast random rays and compute their contribution with respect to different glossiness levels. In some sense, you need to do a monte carlo integration. This part takes some. For one cube map, this can be low but for multiple cube maps, it can easily take that much. (we have local cube maps which we use to get correct specular reflections in different areas of the map). For interpolated atmospheres, you can think of them as multiple curves which you have different values for each time of day. For example, sun altitude vs time of day graph can be thought of two lines in which the first line goes from 0 to 90 from 05:00 to 12:00. Then going down in the opposite side. For every atmosphere value you see in the .xml, we have a curve. We can also change the steepness of these curves. Then, we pre-bake the cubemaps and blend between them.

5. Ah, okay this makes sense. Although, as I said, I'm definitely not expert on that but the explanation is quite clear. I believe it's not possible to change those types by overriding some RGL rules manually as well, such as, let's say creating a flag in order to overlook/not calculating some operations that has been done in the main engine. Or perhaps we can create dirty shader tricks which decreases the visual quality but boosts performance. But again, I'm just wildly guessing. And since we are on the scenes, I want to ask something. Clouds. Where are they.. will we have at least some moving clouds with fancy cloud volumetric shaders?
Well, we have some dirty flags for different kinds of changes. Those may be exposed in the Setter functions for atmosphere values and this would make the re-baking of stuff disabled. For the volumetric effects, we discussed it within the team a couple of months ago. There are two reasons that held our hand when adding such an effect. First, we could not find the runtime ms budget for it in a mass battle, also the required memory cost. Secondly, we intended to use the development time to further polish many aspects of the engine. So, no volumetrics

6. Also, I forgot what you guys said about releasing mod tools. Not until after the full release (not early access), right?
Not confirmed but, we have a chance that we can release these tools before the full release. We would like to get some feedback for these tools as soon as possible. It will depend majorly on how full will our plates will be at the EA (engine side) and when we finish the polishing and the documentation for the Editor.

7. Will cloth simulation be applied to certain objects that are not characters? eg pieces of cloth
We have a wind simulation that affects the movement of the cloths. This is defined both per cloth as "how much it gets affected by the wind" and also scene has its own wind parameter that governs every moving object in the scene.(flora, grass, particles, cloths etc).

8. Also, will the engine be able to handle moving light like how siege engines projectiles light up during the night, as to implement torches?
We do not have an in-built shader for that. It can be easily added to the engine via the editor, gets assigned to a particle and moved by different turbulence effects.
We support moving lights. Also, you should be able to give them to missiles. Dynamic shadowed point lights can reduce the performance drastically so I would suggest ones without shadows for torches and missiles. Also, the night atmospheres that you see are not polished right now. Also, the power of the torches are not polished with respect to the other light sources. In a short time, we would like to finalize our work about them.

9. My question regarding to cloth was this, there is a distance threshold (which is probably not optimized yet ) for cloths. Meaning that, you are currently disabling not only the cloths that are outside of the frustrum but also outside of that distance, that distance is quite low right now which creates extremely weird scenes. For cloaks, it's fairly okay, but for banners it's really strange. For cloaks, it's also kinda strange because when you start to move in front of an army with cloaks, you are seeing that all the cloaks getting enabled one my one which kinda creates a weird mexican wave effect.
We are doing the simulation for the cloth meshes at only the lod0. However, if a mesh has lod0 and lod2, when the current distance is in range of lod1, we render the more detailed one and do the simulation. With this, one can control the cloth simulation distance by removing the lod's after the first one. Also, at some meshes, we have plane like lods, this is a mistake. It should be a wavey mesh with prcedural wind animation to make it look less obvious at higher distances.

10. What draw call values does bannerlord usually work on? and will we have tools (similar to renderdoc or nvidia nsight), inside the engine (in my opinion something like that was mentioned in one of the blogs)?
We have a nice in-engine profiler which we use for profiling. It gives nice information about gpu usage per context(shadows, simulations, gbuffer rendering etc.) We would like to give it in the editor build but I am not sure about the work that it would introduce. So, I can not confirm it right now.

Replay:
What is file format of replay? Can the reply be converted to other format?

Code:
Would it be simpler to create mechanical troopers such as drivable tanks, airplanes or ships, or even mechas?

Asking for others:

Will it be possible to go from one scene to another without going back to the campaign map?

Will you add in features like decals like in ue4 (with option to pick what is affected and what not so that it does not project onto moving characters and so on when near them) and terrain blend? (like battlefront and this: https://polycount.com/discussion/18...ending-tool-inspired-by-star-wars-battlefront, which would both help with environments and so on)

1. can you do PInvoke a DLL?
2. are native mscorlib such as system.net.sockets and filestream available?
3. Is it possible to attach Bannerlord process and step through managed code?
4. Is it possible to query the AI state and party in the campaign map?
5. Is it possible to call external program and run them in background? (useful to run dedicated server on demand in background)
6. How do you code the UI?

1. How will the editing or creation of the campaign map be done? How will it differ from the ways it was done in Warband? ( this was done in the community-made programs such as the Cartographer and Throgrimms MapEditor, you also had to create height and colour maps in Photoshop for an example).

2. Would it be possible to add a "natural" and somewhat realistic animal life in the different environments, such as birds flying around, squirrels climbing the trees, moose etc? By this I mean that animals would be entities moving around, making noise and maybe even reacting to the player as well as interacting.

3. Would it be possible to add or somehow change morale so you have different morale stats for different troops? Say that recruits have low morale and veterans have high morale and won't flee as easily, or that faction X has troops with worse morale than faction Y.

4. Would it be possible to make the player as well as the bots swim when they are in enough deep water, given that they are not heavily armoured and thus weighed down?

1. Since the game is played through steam, will it be possible to get the users' steam ids in multiplayer?
2. Can you create several characters in multiplayer like you could in Warband? If yes, can you get which character an user chose as he enters a server?
3. In multiplayer, how can you customize a player stats? Can I have access to the same stats as in single player mod like strength, agility, or a maybe lower level stats like health, speed?

Can we have some indication of how long it takes to create all the scenes for a town for example, including baking in lighting etc. Scening in Warband was tedious, but Bannerlord scening looks infinitely more time consuming.

Given World Maps are now constructed in the scene editor, does this include tools to:
1. Smooth or shape realistic coastlines,
2. Curve and narrow rivers,
3. Sculpt fine detail as working on a different scale to scenes

1: Is there a limit to the amount of animations we can add? (Are there limited animation slots?)
2: Can projectiles have particle effects?
3: Can more item slots be added?
4: If so, can the items equipped in a custom animation slot appear on the character? (Cape slot)
5: Does the game still use the BRF format for resource storage?

Well, I'd like to ask some questions about how multiplayer modding will work.

Can we make custom gamemodes, factions and units, with people being able to join servers with these mods without having to install them, so long as we only use vanilla assets? In other words, are there in-game tools for creating these sorts of mods? Can those tools, if they exist, also be used for creating new systems such as recreating the warband equipment system?

If not, have you considered doing auto-download, as most games with multiplayer modding communities do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom