Modders vs Devs

Users who are viewing this thread

Praise be the dedicated fans of this game how have kept this game alive through modding. Most of the people dont get paid to mod the game for us and they are able to turn out better quality than paid Devs at Taleworld. Long live the mods!!

I would suggest that it is never a good thing to pit modders vs devs. It should be a symbiotic relationship and the community at large should try to foster that relationship.

Without the devs work there would be no game for the tinkerers to fiddle with. It's like 99% devs. It'd be like having heart surgery and thanking the janitor first.

Without the devs work there would be no game for the tinkerers to fiddle with. It's like 99% devs. It'd be like having heart surgery and thanking the janitor first.
The janitor and Surgeon are working in the same hospital and both getting paid for their services. If he said "Thank you Taleworlds HR", your strange analogy would be correct.
Housekeeping and the sterilization crews are incredibly important in hospitals, so you really should thank them if you have a surgery! I get what you're saying but still...

People thanking god for saving their loved ones and the surgeon standing there
cf1

It would be quite interesting if all modders would join together and produce another bannerlord (or similar) and see who's better and how long it'll take to develop. (I think we all know the answer to that) :xf-wink:

You have no ideal how complex some of the mods are that are created if you honestly think a TW dev is a kin to a heart surgeon and a modder a janitor

This game isn't worth playing without mods

Devs are the backbone while modders give spices to the game. Harshly to say, modders are nothing without a game to mod.

Usually paid developers give minimum effort required to get the job or task done, while modders work out of passion thats why they give 120% of their effort and free time to complete their work project.

Anyway, both still deserve some credits even dev team works like snail.

pitting modders against devs is dumb, especially when the problem is clearly at the managerial level. I have nothing but respect for devs like Duh, Mexxico, and Marda who talk to us, since they're undoubtedly constrained on what they can and can't say.

this 100%
It's especially clear to me that they have big constraints coming down from the top, since we know Mexxico is leaving the company soon, and he's MUCH more open and straight-forward in his communication. He doesn't have to care about whatever rules they have anymore.

I'm thankful that the modders help make Bannerlord a more enjoyable experience on nothing but their own desire and time, that's for sure. Bannerlord may not be here without the developers, but I wouldn't be playing it without the modders.

and Marda who talk to us
Marda is not a developer - he is not developing anything. ( at least in work hours )
He doesn't have to care about whatever rules they have anymore.
You don't know how NDA's work I guess. Or you don't know business ethics. Or don't know the competition clause in employment contracts.

but I wouldn't be playing it without the modders.
Yes but that sounds like Game Designers ( not the coder devs but planner devs in a way ) are terrible at what they are doing. No game should be relying on mods just to give a "complete" feeling of what it could have been.

Yes but that sounds like Game Designers ( not the coder devs but planner devs in a way ) are terrible at what they are doing. No game should be relying on mods just to give a "complete" feeling of what it could have been.

That was sort of my point, that I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the modders and that I shouldn't have to rely on them.

You don't need an NDA for your boss to say "don't reveal X and Y on the forums"

You don't need an NDA for your boss to say "don't reveal X and Y on the forums"
Eh what?

They already have NDA about all the game content and future plans. They can't say things just because they are no longer working in that company or recently left. Especially if your boss specifically said `Dont reveal X` even while you were working in that company, it's 100% means you can't reveal that stuff once you leave the company as well.

Back
Top Bottom