Modders need to fix the game

Users who are viewing this thread

did you plan how the gameplay will feel? In addition, warband is way simpler than bannerlord. You need a month for a single map and there are around 100 cities/castles?

Dont even know why you bring a warband example; you didnt use the bannerlord tools?

There's no excuse for the slow output from the TW art folks. 9 months how many new scenes?

The modders are already making the game better. The problem is that there is no garantee for updates, as for the game and the development in EA I think it will be quite long (a few years in my opinion, from the release).
Let's not forget that a lot of perks didn't work until recently, and lately they have been focusing on this. When the perks all work, I think we will see something more interesting.

Last edited:
I did entire scenes in two weeks (highly detailed custom town map plus a siege map in 1257 AD) that are much bigger than Bannerlord castles in Warband. That's with that painful AI mesh grid as well. This is a 90 man company lol. Nice try, but you don't know what you are talking about.
YOU did that? That's an incredible mod ty for you work!

I'm looking forward to what people do once the dust is settled and we have a stable game.
I don't have big crazy mod wishes, just a better game with some of the basic warband stuff that's kinda missing in BL.
If somebody makes an alt character progression system (or a warband skill mod) I'd really like that too.

YOU did that? That's an incredible mod ty for you work!

I'm looking forward to what people do once the dust is settled and we have a stable game.
I don't have big crazy mod wishes, just a better game with some of the basic warband stuff that's kinda missing in BL.
If somebody makes an alt character progression system (or a warband skill mod) I'd really like that too.

Thanks, took me over 100 hours on three of those. Antioch, Jerusalem, Karak castle and Saphet. I had mad amounts of free time then, not so much now. Dr. Thomas is the genius though behind 1257's big features.

Thanks, took me over 100 hours on three of those. Antioch, Jerusalem, Karak castle and Saphet. I had mad amounts of free time then, not so much now. Dr. Thomas is the genius though behind 1257's big features.
I love to capture Jerusalem and be in never ending war with the pop! One time I hid on the stairs in a certain spot and managed to kill an outrageous amount of enemies that were sieging me.

I did entire scenes in two weeks (highly detailed custom town map plus a siege map in 1257 AD) that are much bigger than Bannerlord castles in Warband. That's with that painful AI mesh grid as well. This is a 90 man company lol. Nice try, but you don't know what you are talking about.
This is because you are from US, the country of the silicon valley. ?
Are you in the team of 1217AD too?

My point with that example is that TW is busy fixing core mechanics, its completely obvious they are better than modders, they are just too few for a game this size, they are about a hundred only for a studio with an incredible success like Warband,

"About 100 only" is still about the same size as many AAA studios, which range in size from about 100 to 300. I'm not joking when I say a team of 5 people would have easily finished bannerlord in 10 years if they knew what they were doing.

It took 40 people around 5 years to develop WoW. It takes 90~ around 10 years to create a EA title.
I'm really eager for new content

We had this discussion also several times, for me I don´t care how many devs/whatever they have.

They demand a tripple A price for their game, so I expect tripple A quality and progress, simple.

they are just too few for a game this size, they are about a hundred only for a studio with an incredible success like Warband, and an expectation of millions of copies sold with Bannerlord, its ridiculous that they are such a small team
You have absolutely no idea about the size of dev team, aren't you ?
Bannerlord absolutely does NOT have a "small team". World of Warcraft had a team in the 30. No Man's Sky has a team of a dozen. Warband itself was a team of TWO TO FOUR.

100 is a LARGE team, not a "small", and even less a "ridicuously not enough" one.
1 siege map is in reality 3 different maps if you multiply that with every castle in the game you get a pretty big number, its not smth you can work on in a few months. Humans are bound to make mistakes here and then. But feel free to create a map and you will see how long it takes
Maps don't require developers, they are the domain of designers/artists. The people who create them aren't the ones who fix the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom