SP - General Mod Validation in game launcher

Users who are viewing this thread

I like to play with a fair few mods, mostly for quality of life improvements. But it seems mod compatibiliity is currently very hit-and-miss. I've had some that conflict with each other (especially when they update in-game menus), and others that interfere with the "official" mods due to missing values in their `SubModule.xml` files.

Today, I had to:
- re-order mod loading several times
- install/uninstall all mods to narrow down a single mod that stopped Bannerlord from starting (at all)
- edit the `SubModule.xml` files of several mods to stop them interfering with "official" ones
- re-verify my files via steam (several times)
- revert to a 2 day old save game :cry:

This was so I could identify and remove a single mod that is incompatible with the latest "stable" build and one of the other mods I'm using.
All of this took 2-3 hours, and I ended up having to load a save game that is 2 days old.

Is it possible to update the game launcher, so it can verify the integrity of mods before the game starts?
An xsd to validate the mod's xml, and something that can validate UI updates would probably resolve most of these issues.

My 367 hours play time would be much higher if I didn't have to deal with this every 2nd or 3rd day. :wink:

Looks like I'm going to have to do the above (again) today. :meh:
Might just turn off automatic updates so I can play for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom