Mod User FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Adman195 said:
Hi, I did exactly what it said and unzipped the folder into my modules folder for mount and blade, but it does not come up in my drop down menu when starting up the game. Can anyone help with this problem?

Caba`drin said:
Most likely you're running into this problem:
Caba`drin said:
Be sure it looks like ...M&B\Modules\<Mod Name>\<a bunch of files here>\
If it is ...M&B\Modules\<Mod Name>\<Mod Name>\<a bunch of files here>\
you will need to move the files to get rid of the extra layer of folders.

I downloaded two mods but when i tried installing them the installer says i dont have the right version of M&B. At the top of the launcher screen it shows that i have the latest version so I have no clue what's wrong...

RusMakMonkey123 said:
I downloaded two mods but when i tried installing them the installer says i dont have the right version of M&B. At the top of the launcher screen it shows that i have the latest version so I have no clue what's wrong...
Is the mod for the latest warband version? What does your rgl log say about your version (found in your main warband folder) ? Patches can go wrong and not update your game entirely - then the rgl log will still list the old version, while your startup menu/game will tell you its up to date.

Actually I have the original Mount and Blade, not Warband. I checked the mods and they said they were compatible with the original M&B 1.011 version.
in my MB folder all i see are two other folders: Modules and Textures. where is the RGL log?

Oh, silly me assumed you were talking about warband. Im not sure whether MB has an rgl log, but the folder should have a lot more than just a module and a texture folder. CharExport, CommenRes, Data, languages, Modules,  music, skins, sounds, textures are just the folders that i have.

Still your best bet is probably to ask on the mods respective board.

well that's all i have...... i think i remember something being there before. I downloaded the game from Steam(if that's important to know). What should I do?

RusMakMonkey123 said:
well that's all i have...... i think i remember something being there before. I downloaded the game from Steam(if that's important to know). What should I do?
I would try reinstalling and see where that takes you. If things still dont work, ask for help on the mod boards.

ArabArcher35 said:
Nobody will listen to it. They'll look at it, say "Meh, I'll just post my own thread" then I will come to their house and brutally murder them, their family, and their pets.

I hope their families die in a fire... A very fiery one  :twisted:

RusMakMonkey123 said:
so i reinstalled the game and the mods, but it still gives me the same crap. and i still only have those two folders....
Can you run the base game? Can you run any other mods? If yes, go to mod board and ask for help. Otherwise head over to tech support.

Back
Top Bottom