Mod User FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there, I am a lame newcomer in the Mount & Blade "community". I ve been playing the game for a few of weeks and now I m trying to get some mods into it.
Now there are 2 thing that I would like to clear out, so old-timers please give us a hand here!

1st Every time I try to run the game on a new module the game just crashes or stays endlessly on the 'loading INI file' page... Am I missing something? Do I have to alter the INI file somehow?

2nd (And most important.) If you play in a new module does that mean everything your character is done on that crazy little world is gone? I mean even if I can export my character, since I started playing I ve butchered half the Mongolian population, became mates with a King and slaughter endless hordes that tryed to take my castle from me. I'm not ready to give all that up! As the cheesy saying goes, a lot of good men gave their life for it! Moreover does that mean I can only use one mod at a time? What happens when a next good mod comes up?
This cant be right, can it?

Are the mods you're playing for 1.003? As far as I'm aware, apart from some basic troop and item edited mods, there isn't that much out there.

Mods have separate savegame files to native.

Vastolic said:
Hi there, I am a lame newcomer in the Mount & Blade "community". I ve been playing the game for a few of weeks and now I m trying to get some mods into it.
Now there are 2 thing that I would like to clear out, so old-timers please give us a hand here!

1st Every time I try to run the game on a new module the game just crashes or stays endlessly on the 'loading INI file' page... *snip*

2nd (And most important.) If you play in a new module does that mean everything your character is done on that crazy little world is gone? *snip*
1. This means there's an error loading the module.ini file.  Press Alt-Tab to see the error message.
2. Yes, each mod is a separate game with it's own savegames.  The exceptions are graphical, sound, and item mods that can be added to existing games.

DVD, nice job.  You might consider including a tutorial on how to manually add items from resource packs, such as the Open Source Weapons pack etc.

I'm sort of stuck (btw im sort of new aswel :grin:). i have download a mod it came from the download as a .rar. so i extracted it with winrar into a folder, then put it into modules. u cant install it so i dont no wat to do cus its not working. im new with mods on mount and blade.

Thx for your time.

Talak said:
DVD, nice job.  You might consider including a tutorial on how to manually add items from resource packs, such as the Open Source Weapons pack etc.
This thread was dead for quite a while; Dvd hasn't logged in since May 2007.

--Edit--
@Barrownat: What mod did you download, and what version of the game do you have? Also, what is in the folder that you put in modules? Make sure that the mod didn't already come in a folder when it was extracted.

@Barrownat: What mod did you download, and what version of the game do you have? Also, what is in the folder that you put in modules? Make sure that the mod didn't already come in a folder when it was extracted.
[/quote]

I downloaded *custom_battle_mod_v0.5b*. i have 0.901 version of M&B. The things in the folder are sort of like the ones in the Native folder. I extracted the .rar and it turned into a normal folder. Then i put it in Modules.
If it helps u could download the mod to see.

Ty

Barrownat said:
I downloaded *custom_battle_mod_v0.5b*. i have 0.901 version of M&B. The things in the folder are sort of like the ones in the Native folder. I extracted the .rar and it turned into a normal folder. Then i put it in Modules.
If it helps u could download the mod to see.
Ty
The custom battle mod 0.5b is for M&B .960; I'm not sure it would work for previous versions. I'd recommend downloading .960. If you are still having problems running it after that, you can find the thread for the mod here. I hope that helps. ^.^

Thx that really did help alot and is it possible that some1 could edit it for a lower version?(0.901)
Also i cant find any update downloads :razz: if you can, could u link the 960 download.

Would i have to download other updates of just the 960 straight away?

Thanks

You can download the full installer for M&B .960 here. I'd personally advise installing .960 in a new directory so that you don't lose the ability to play the older mods for your current version.

hey guys--im new-- i just got mount & blade on saturday and have already reached lvl 23 lol..

well i was hoping you people can help me as i am trying to get the small "packed" mod of Native Improved Mod V 1.3 for M&B 1.011 by Cremo to work on my comp, i followed the guide lines here(i unpacked--winrar--) then i "moved" the file to mount and blade/modules and its sitting there, and i cant play it, i does not show up in the current module slot! i tryed every thing plz help  :cry:

kyledk said:
hey guys--im new-- i just got mount & blade on saturday and have already reached lvl 23 lol..

well i was hoping you people can help me as i am trying to get the small "packed" mod of Native Improved Mod V 1.3 for M&B 1.011 by Cremo to work on my comp, i followed the guide lines here(i unpacked--winrar--) then i "moved" the file to mount and blade/modules and its sitting there, and i cant play it, i does not show up in the current module slot! i tryed every thing plz help  :cry:
You need to be more specific. Chances are, you either:
a) Moved the packed file. (The little symbol should be a normal folder like Native, if it's some stacked books it's wrong.)
b) Put it into your M&B folder, but not the Modules folder. (Make sure it's in C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules and NOT C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade.)

Ruthven said:
kyledk said:

You need to be more specific. Chances are, you either:
a) Moved the packed file. (The little symbol should be a normal folder like Native, if it's some stacked books it's wrong.)
b) Put it into your M&B folder, but not the Modules folder. (Make sure it's in C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules and NOT C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade.)

also make sure that the mod folder is directly in C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules
i.e.: it should be C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native Improved\*bunch of folders and files* and not C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native Improved\Native Improved1.3\*bunch of folders and files*

ok well i tryed drag and dropping it instead of going under move file, and i even downloaded it(unpacked it strait into the right place, instead of haveing it go to my games, then dragging it to the right file) and that did not work.

now i did this with timeless jsut now and it works, the only dif is the file folder for the NIM is that it does not have a + in front of it to like open..

its called: native_improved_mod-1.3_by_cremo_for_m-b_1.011

thats the file name it unpacked as, i think i have the wrong one i got it from the data base, useing the link on the mod list.

i am running v1.011

i checked every thing, now i just downloaded hunderd year war to try and see if it worked and it did(this on installed) but even timeless was packed and it worked.

i think, because it is a impovment, and the download lasted only a few secounds that it goes into the native file? cuz it says its more of a add on then some thing all new????.

p.s thanks for answering so fast!

kyledk said:
ok well i tryed drag and dropping it instead of going under move file, and i even downloaded it(unpacked it strait into the right place, instead of haveing it go to my games, then dragging it to the right file) and that did not work.

now i did this with timeless jsut now and it works, the only dif is the file folder for the NIM is that it does not have a + in front of it to like open..

its called: native_improved_mod-1.3_by_cremo_for_m-b_1.011

thats the file name it unpacked as, i think i have the wrong one i got it from the data base, useing the link on the mod list.

i am running v1.011

i checked every thing, now i just downloaded hunderd year war to try and see if it worked and it did(this on installed) but even timeless was packed and it worked.

i think, because it is a impovment, and the download lasted only a few secounds that it goes into the native file? cuz it says its more of a add on then some thing all new????.

p.s thanks for answering so fast!
Oh, it's a patch! Makes sense. Just download the full version and it should all be fine and dandy.

*smacks face* so i download full then update with patch? or do i not even need to do that?.

also some one needs to edit that link lol.

Howlinator has declared that we must sticky this too keep noobs from posting topics saying: "How do I install this?"

but of course, we all know they're spelling and grammar would be extremely poor: so how u inst all his mod lol

End of topic.

Back
Top Bottom