Resolved General Mod Tools Launcher Crashes Immediately on Launch (I have tried EVERYTHING)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.3.244014
Branch
Main
This is not a crash report so much as it is a plea for technical support in preventing the game from crashing.

Summary:
I have been trying and trying to get the modding tools to launch, but I can't seem to get it to work. From my understanding (and the instructions devs gave here), you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher and press CTRL+E in the main game menu (when running the regular game, CTRL+E does nothing on the game's main menu). When I launch the tools, the play menu comes up where you select "Play". After selecting "Play" the game doesn't even launch. It immediately crashes without any error message or crash log. I never even reach the main menu to get a chance to press CTRL+E.
  • Both versions are the same (not running beta)
  • Both are on the same SSD installed in the same location
  • Files have been verified for both game and tools
  • No mods are installed
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled both game and mod tools (everything is a fresh installation)
  • Drivers are all up to date
  • Pressing CTRL+E in the regular game menu does nothing
  • I have tried launching directly from the .exe bypassing the launcher, still crashes without starting
  • Visual C++ is installed, repaired, and up to date (tried 2013 version and 2015-19 version)
Seriously, I have been asking around every forum and every location, and every answer I get to fix the problem I have already tried. I am at a loss.

How to Reproduce: No matter what I do it crashes, so...
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A. If I made a video of everything I tried, it would be hours long, because that is literally how long I have been trying to get this to work.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
CPU: Intel i5-10600k 4.1GHz
RAM: 32G
Motherboard: MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi (MS-7C73)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): M2 2TB WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70

Last edited:
Can you try launching the game through here?
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_wEditor\Bannerlord.Native.exe
We suspect there are some system DLLs missing. You will be able to see which ones are missing through launching here.

Can you try launching the game through here?
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_wEditor\Bannerlord.Native.exe
We suspect there are some system DLLs missing. You will be able to see which ones are missing through launching here.

Got some system errors:
  • VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. (appeared twice)
  • MSVCP140.dll was not found.
Both of these DLLs are connected with the Visual C++ Redistributable. I tried a repair and restart of of my Visual C++, but that did not help. I then tried providing the missing DLL files directly and got the following error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)." This error is usually caused by mixing x86/x64/x32 architectures (I have run into this in the past with other applications). I had the x86 architecture for Visual C++, so I switched to the x64. This removed the former errors but gave new system errors:
  • MSVCP120.dll was not found. (appeared twice)
Adding that dll directly to the Win64_Shipping_wEditor folder did not seem to have any effect.

Anyway, that's as far as I got. "msvcp120.dll" seems to be the only problematic DLL remaining. Any clues on how to handle it?

msvcp120.dll is for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable. You need to download and install the x64 version of it.
Thanks! That worked!

Back
Top Bottom