Resolved General Mod Tools Launcher Crashes Immediately on Launch (I have tried EVERYTHING)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.3.244014
Branch
Main

MightyMidgit

Sergeant
This is not a crash report so much as it is a plea for technical support in preventing the game from crashing.

Summary:
I have been trying and trying to get the modding tools to launch, but I can't seem to get it to work. From my understanding (and the instructions devs gave here), you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher and press CTRL+E in the main game menu (when running the regular game, CTRL+E does nothing on the game's main menu). When I launch the tools, the play menu comes up where you select "Play". After selecting "Play" the game doesn't even launch. It immediately crashes without any error message or crash log. I never even reach the main menu to get a chance to press CTRL+E.
  • Both versions are the same (not running beta)
  • Both are on the same SSD installed in the same location
  • Files have been verified for both game and tools
  • No mods are installed
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled both game and mod tools (everything is a fresh installation)
  • Drivers are all up to date
  • Pressing CTRL+E in the regular game menu does nothing
  • I have tried launching directly from the .exe bypassing the launcher, still crashes without starting
  • Visual C++ is installed, repaired, and up to date (tried 2013 version and 2015-19 version)
Seriously, I have been asking around every forum and every location, and every answer I get to fix the problem I have already tried. I am at a loss.

How to Reproduce: No matter what I do it crashes, so...
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A. If I made a video of everything I tried, it would be hours long, because that is literally how long I have been trying to get this to work.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
CPU: Intel i5-10600k 4.1GHz
RAM: 32G
Motherboard: MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi (MS-7C73)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): M2 2TB WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70

Last edited:

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Forwarded to the developers for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Can you try launching the game through here?
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_wEditor\Bannerlord.Native.exe
We suspect there are some system DLLs missing. You will be able to see which ones are missing through launching here.

MightyMidgit

Sergeant
Can you try launching the game through here?
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_wEditor\Bannerlord.Native.exe
We suspect there are some system DLLs missing. You will be able to see which ones are missing through launching here.

Got some system errors:
  • VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. (appeared twice)
  • MSVCP140.dll was not found.
Both of these DLLs are connected with the Visual C++ Redistributable. I tried a repair and restart of of my Visual C++, but that did not help. I then tried providing the missing DLL files directly and got the following error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)." This error is usually caused by mixing x86/x64/x32 architectures (I have run into this in the past with other applications). I had the x86 architecture for Visual C++, so I switched to the x64. This removed the former errors but gave new system errors:
  • MSVCP120.dll was not found. (appeared twice)
Adding that dll directly to the Win64_Shipping_wEditor folder did not seem to have any effect.

Anyway, that's as far as I got. "msvcp120.dll" seems to be the only problematic DLL remaining. Any clues on how to handle it?

Top Bottom