[Mod][Testing] Are you smarter than a 5th grader? Modifiable Armor Modifiers mod testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Generic Modder Man has published the 1.7.2 version of his Modifiable Armor Modifiers mod, and I have wholeheartedly endorsed it, as it exposes the parts of the armor calculation to JSON which have hithertofore been more difficult to tweak.

To review, this chart (thanks to the inestimable @Bannerman Man) shows the current state as the solid line and the effects of the MAM mod as the dashed line. Changing how much damage you are hit with changes the calculations, so be aware. Basically, the chart shows the Damage Reduction Percentage vertically, plotted against the Armor Value horizontally.

To expand, MAM mod changes these numbers as indicated:
Code:
Default values
    "ArmorAbsorbModifer": 1,
    "BluntBlunt": 1,
    "CutBlunt": 0.1,
    "PierceBlunt": 0.25,
    "CutFactor": 0.5,
    "PierceFactor": 0.33

Modified values
    "ArmorAbsorbModifer": 2.5,
    "BluntBlunt": 0.8,
    "CutBlunt": 0.25,
    "PierceBlunt": 0.1,
    "CutFactor": 0.6,
    "PierceFactor": 0.2

So, take a look at the charts, download it yourself, see if you like it! I don't know this dude, he just had the same idea for a mod as I did and actually started & finished it.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

I did my own tweaks with these values, and I really like the result: similar feel to RMB-Combat, but with a little more "top end" of damage output so you don't have to (necessarily!) headshot that lord 5 times for him to go down.
Code:
My values
    "ArmorAbsorbModifer": 1.5,
    "BluntBlunt": 0.5,
    "CutBlunt": 0.5,
    "PierceBlunt": 0.5,
And the charts. All blunt damage starts out at -50%, and is further reduced by armor along the flat blue dash. If you look at the vanilla formula, it appears that armor protects LESS vs Cuts and Pierces than before, but since the Blunt component is similarly reduced, it isn't directly comparable (I think I messed up the Static calcs when setting them up). You'll notice that NOW, FINALLY, the BLUNT Damage is protected the most, a little less by Cuts, and even less by Piercing; whereas the Vanilla has Cuts, then Piercing, then Blunt; the source of many verisimilitude complaints.

The only problem with this set up, among its MANY advantages, is that I'm informed the XP calculations are going to be down-graded, as they work on inflicted damage -- please to correct me.

Heavy Cavalry is a bit stout, especially the horses. But they still have the terrible stabbing AI, so I think it balances out.

Now to the name-calling and recriminations! (this space reserved)

Last edited:
Generic Modder Man has published the 1.7.2 version of his Modifiable Armor Modifiers mod, and I have wholeheartedly endorsed it, as it exposes the parts of the armor calculation to JSON which have hithertofore been more difficult to tweak.

To review, this chart (thanks to the inestimable @Bannerman Man) shows the current state as the solid line and the effects of the MAM mod as the dashed line. Changing how much damage you are hit with changes the calculations, so be aware. Basically, the chart shows the Damage Reduction Percentage vertically, plotted against the Armor Value horizontally.

To expand, MAM mod changes these numbers as indicated:
Code:
Default values
    "ArmorAbsorbModifer": 1,
    "BluntBlunt": 1,
    "CutBlunt": 0.1,
    "PierceBlunt": 0.25,
    "CutFactor": 0.5,
    "PierceFactor": 0.33

Modified values
    "ArmorAbsorbModifer": 2.5,
    "BluntBlunt": 0.8,
    "CutBlunt": 0.25,
    "PierceBlunt": 0.1,
    "CutFactor": 0.6,
    "PierceFactor": 0.2

So, take a look at the charts, download it yourself, see if you like it! I don't know this dude, he just had the same idea for a mod as I did and actually started & finished it.

I did my own tweaks with these values, and I really like the result: similar feel to RMB-Combat, but with a little more "top end" of damage output so you don't have to (necessarily!) headshot that lord 5 times for him to go down.
Code:
My values
    "ArmorAbsorbModifer": 1.5,
    "BluntBlunt": 0.5,
    "CutBlunt": 0.5,
    "PierceBlunt": 0.5,
And the charts. All blunt damage starts out at -50%, and is further reduced by armor along the flat blue dash. If you look at the vanilla formula, it appears that armor protects LESS vs Cuts and Pierces than before, but since the Blunt component is similarly reduced, it isn't directly comparable (I think I messed up the Static calcs when setting them up). You'll notice that NOW, FINALLY, the BLUNT Damage is protected the most, a little less by Cuts, and even less by Piercing; whereas the Vanilla has Cuts, then Piercing, then Blunt; the source of many verisimilitude complaints.

The only problem with this set up, among its MANY advantages, is that I'm informed the XP calculations are going to be down-graded, as they work on inflicted damage -- please to correct me.

Heavy Cavalry is a bit stout, especially the horses. But they still have the terrible stabbing AI, so I think it balances out.

Now to the name-calling and recriminations! (this space reserved)
I think BluntBlunt does absoluty nothing, unless he tweaked something in the vanilla code.

Back
Top Bottom