Mod suggestion - scale down calradia so the player feels more in control, and less grind

Users who are viewing this thread

sorry if I posted this on the wrong section

Imo bannerlords map is too huge and makes the player feel powerless against the amount of towns, castles, villages,lords ,clans, ladies and map size in general
, I would like a smaller scale where you actually get to meet the lords during feasts, and improve relations with them, only 3 clans and 4-3 towns per kingdom would make things less convoluted, the smaller maps would also diminish travel time in general.

650px-Mount%26Blade_Warband_world_map.jpg
Mount-Blade-II-Bannerlord-Trading-Goods-Guide-2.jpg

sorry this was made so badly , I took some sleeping medication and i really need to go to bed, luv u guys,

We just need to be able to command our parties/vassals like "patrol area X", "siege city/castle X" and stuff like this. I mean a man can dream?

ok, I just woke up and wow, how dare you guys not agree with me, anyways, now at least I know you guys do like the increased scale of bannerlord, but I'm still curious, if you could make the map bigger (with more towns castles, lords etc...) at what point it would undermine every effort you do? like, why build relations with a lord if he is one of 50 in that faction? why capture a castle if the enemy has 20? maybe I'm just too short-sighted and want things to be simpler again.

Instead of making things smaller, make things more meaningful.
decreasing the scale may be a lazy solution to a fixable problem, I agree

reduce battle size too. I just feel powerless. should be 3 or 4 horses only.
seems excessive, but I like your spirit, some factions do have too many horses, not sure if ironic

When it reaches infinity.
let me reword it, at what point it becomes too grindy? this game has a lot more grind than warband in my opinion

1443511063_chest%20pain%201.jpg
you cant just use the big -1 casually like that, save that for other hate posts

Last edited:
if you could make the map bigger (with more towns castles, lords etc...) at what point it would undermine every effort you do?
When it reaches infinity.

like, why build relations with a lord if he is one of 50 in that faction? why capture a castle if the enemy has 20?
Because you gotta start somewhere? lmao.

maybe I'm just too short-sighted and want things to be simpler again.
Try out Warband.

ok, I just woke up and wow, how dare you guys not agree with me, anyways, now at least I know you guys do like the increased scale of bannerlord, but I'm still curious, if you could make the map bigger (with more towns castles, lords etc...) at what point it would undermine every effort you do? like, why build relations with a lord if he is one of 50 in that faction? why capture a castle if the enemy has 20? maybe I'm just too short-sighted and want things to be simpler again

Honestly, when I actually did a Bannerlord full conquest playthrough, about... eh... probably 80% of the sieges didn't even involve me, just other clans in my faction.

Mod Suggestion: Make Bannerlord Warband again.
I think we can only objectively judge many of the aspects of Bannerlord once we have a competent mod that recreates Warband perfectly.

That's nostalgia talking.
Yes and no. The map had a feel to it simply because of named places like Salt Mine and 4 Ways Inn with those Dark Knights up north. If caladria had a few named places and a special unique threat like those knights it would certainly surpass M&B

Back
Top Bottom