[MOD] Roman empire reskin

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been searching for few days now and i'm yet to find a good looking empire troop reskin to make it look like Roman soldiers.

roman-army-177104925-5a9c387e6edd650036eac3b9.jpg

Please if you know such mods (No gameplay changes just reskin) write their links in here.
thank you!

But isn't it a Gameplay overhaul, i Marely just want to change the looks of Empire recruits. no other gameplay modifications. :smile:
Pretty sure i checked it but I might have misunderstood the changes it made to the base game

Last edited:
I don't know such a reskin, wouldn't it be a bit strange too, to have imperial Romans in the world of Calradia with the other factions unchanged?

Eagle Rising is no asset mod and will never be, the devs don't want that at all. But you can of course, with a bit of work, use items from the mod in different xml files for your personal private purpose. I really miss pantless armor in BL and used some Eagle Rising tunics and hamatae for a modded Battania in 1.8.0.

BTW, the image of the Roman legionaries you showed is funny, I'm sure they never looked like this, as a mixture of different armors and helmets in one unit seemed to have been common. Perhaps all had the same shield design however, that may fit.

Last edited:
Sadly, I'm not very good at modding and that is why I asked if anyone know such a reskin mod, seems there isn't (all my searches led to this conclusion as well).

But isn't it a Gameplay overhaul, i Marely just want to change the looks of Empire recruits. no other gameplay modifications. :smile:
Pretty sure i checked it but I might have misunderstood the changes it made to the base game
What do you mean? It changes the appearance of Empire troops along with everyone else to better match the Ancient period.

What do you mean? It changes the appearance of Empire troops along with everyone else to better match the Ancient period.
Look i'll formulate my question differently:
I want the only change to be a reskin of empire (Culture) recruits. I like fighting alongside legionaries and presumed that the first best thing is just a simple reskin of one faction not all. I'll gradually move to bigger modifications with time, just want to enjoy the base game with a little reskin.

Look i'll formulate my question differently:
I want the only change to be a reskin of empire (Culture) recruits. I like fighting alongside legionaries and presumed that the first best thing is just a simple reskin of one faction not all. I'll gradually move to bigger modifications with time, just want to enjoy the base game with a little reskin.
Well that’s too bad then. I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to use your awesome Romans against equally awesome Gauls and Dacians and the things to come.

Also ‘gameplay’ change is pretty different compared to ‘just the empire’. Don’t know why you even said that.

Well that’s too bad then. I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to use your awesome Romans against equally awesome Gauls and Dacians and the things to come.

Also ‘gameplay’ change is pretty different compared to ‘just the empire’. Don’t know why you even said that.
Look man, i just want to experience the full base game till the end, but i'd love to do it as a roman commander. Reskin :smile:

Look man, i just want to experience the full base game till the end, but i'd love to do it as a roman commander. Reskin :smile:
Eh, then why the reskin? The Empire are Romans, just not the Romans of Trajan's Column.

Whatever the case you are well out of luck here. Eagle Rising is the only Ancient Roman thing around.

You could use my little warband and make your own Romanesque troops with existing in game assets.
Hey friend, thanks for the suggestion.
Initially i thought you suggested for me to the mod the game, but then i remembered i've seen my little warband as a mod. Is it really capable of making a roman-looking legionary from the in-game assets? I guess my imagination is not that good

I haven’t actually done it myself. I’m working on finishing the campaign quest for the first time but was looking at the mod for a next Playthrough

There is a steam version which has the mod list (which also on steam workshop now)

Some videos out there was well

My custom units I was debating on are:
recruit -> leves (javelin troop) -> velite (advanced javelin troop with wolf helm)

And then maybe a hastati/principe/triari or later Roman legion is you are more inclined (blobs of late legionaries are likely better for the AI to use than 3+ separate units)

Hey friend, thanks for the suggestion.
Initially i thought you suggested for me to the mod the game, but then i remembered i've seen my little warband as a mod. Is it really capable of making a roman-looking legionary from the in-game assets? I guess my imagination is not that good

I don't like My Little Warband that much because it enables the player to get even more op even sooner, but it is a great and ingenious mod, no doubt. However I cannot understand how it should solve your problem, the missing assets of imperial Roman arms and armor.

I don't like My Little Warband that much because it enables the player to get even more op even sooner, but it is a great and ingenious mod, no doubt. However I cannot understand how it should solve your problem, the missing assets of imperial Roman arms and armor.
That's exactly what I was thinking myself. Those stuff are missing so I relay on some good hearted modder who'd want to have roman soldiers in his base game :grin:

Back
Top Bottom