Mod Request!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashmond

Sergeant at Arms
Humble Greets,

I would just love it if this forum would ad a simple machines mod called "Aeva Media (Gallery and Auto-embedder)"!
Official site with commercial version and current free versions. 

What with all the banners and such, surely an embedded video with a pic frontend directly linked to host wouldn't hurt?

I'll look into it. Some sort of video embedding for popular video sites (at least YouTube) might be worthwhile. I'll look at a few SMF mods like that one to see if there's one lightweight enough for my tastes which would be easily maintainable.
As for image hosting, beyond avatars, it's not planned. That would be a security risk, increase bandwidth usage, potentially slow the site down from hotlinking and/or force us to deal with said hotlinking, and add that much more ballooning size to our file backups.

I'm with you on the image hosting.  I wouldn't host anything except the small trinket icons, were it me.  Also, please consider photobucket, because that is what I use!  I loath utoob based on my own principles and the fact that I think it's all a huge multinational conspiracy.  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom