Mod Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, search fu couldn't source a similar thread, but I'm rushed so I apologise in advance if I missed one. I'll take the public derision if so.

Whilst I've seen many (many many) game recommendation threads and "Post your favourite Game" threads, I haven't seen any generic "hey, I found this awesome mod" threads which weren't game specific. So here is for posting about any particularly fun mods you have found.

And also, I'm hoping some appear for games I have to stave boredom till my internet is fixed.

I was about to flame you to death, but then I saw the real purpose. :razz:

I'll start with the obvious:

Medieval 2: Total War (Kingdoms) - The Third Age. A very well made mod that will satisfy the thirst of any LotR fan, and the thirst of those who simply want a good mod. Excellent artwork and models for a player-developed mod.
M2:TW(K) - Grand Campaign. A greatly expanded mod that actually makes me feel like I have a centralized war in England or the Middle East, instead of starting out and thinking "Time to mop up the starting area." For example, England is very large comparatively and houses Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and the English. It takes quite a while to actually unify that island. :wink:

I'll likely think of some more later.

That Grand Campaign mod actually looks interesting. I always had trouble choosing mods without recommendations: there's too much of everything, and I'm too used to disappointed. :razz:

Texmod: used for changed textures in just about any DirectX 9 game without actually modifying the game files. Seen it used in Saints Row 2, Gothic series, Top Spin, Tomb Raider Games (where it was originally for), and even Mount and Blade. It has, though, acquired a dubious reputation for supplying people with "nude mods" for quite a large number of games.

Fall From Heaven 2 - A mod for Civilization 4 (with BTS, I think), that transforms the game world into a fantasy-type world, complete with magic, undead, and orcs.

Regendur said:
I was about to flame you to death, but then I saw the real purpose. :razz:

I'll start with the obvious:

Medieval 2: Total War (Kingdoms) - The Third Age. A very well made mod that will satisfy the thirst of any LotR fan, and the thirst of those who simply want a good mod. Excellent artwork and models for a player-developed mod.
M2:TW(K) - Grand Campaign. A greatly expanded mod that actually makes me feel like I have a centralized war in England or the Middle East, instead of starting out and thinking "Time to mop up the starting area." For example, England is very large comparatively and houses Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and the English. It takes quite a while to actually unify that island. :wink:

I'll likely think of some more later.

I've been wnating to try these mods, but steam makes it difficult to get modules working :neutral:

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is both one of my favorite mods across all the games I've ever played, and is just about the only KotOR mod worth playing.

Yayy, plug time!

If you happen to have Battlefield 2142, and like Star Wars, than try the First Strike Mod. It's great and fun, and focuses on teamwork.

Now for mods I don't have a personal investment in but still enjoy...

Company of Heroes (OF):
* Eastern Front mod - Adds the Russians as a faction, and I swear it ****s up the AI, but great if you can get past that.
* Blitzkrieg Mod - Improves all 4 existing factions, with new units and concepts, expands ability trees, adds the few ****ty extra units from ToV without having to pay $30, improves textures/graphics.

Fallout 3 (there's a ton so here's a quick list off the top of my head)
*Marts Mutant Mod
*Type 5 Body
*Project Beauty
*Weapon Modification
*Sprint Mod
*Various additional weapon/clothing/armour mods
*Blood Splatter mod

Battlefield 2:
* Project Reality - I'm sure most of you have heard of this
* Forgotten Hope 2 - A really good WWII mod

Sins of a Solar Empire:
* Distant Stars Mod - Basically improves a whole bunch of **** in every way.

gamerwiz09 said:
Fallout 3 (there's a ton so here's a quick list off the top of my head)
*Marts Mutant Mod
*Type 5 Body
*Project Beauty
*Weapon Modification
*Sprint Mod
*Various additional weapon/clothing/armour mods
*Blood Splatter mod

I'd add 20th Century Weapons mod on that list, all though the weapons are a bit overpowered, it adds like a zillion new modern and old weapons to the game, used by enemies too.

Seconding gamerwiz's Project Reality endorsement. IED now stands for Iraqi Entertainment Device. "IVE GOT THE HUMER GUYS IM COMIN I - " *howitzer shell lying in the middle of the street explodes*

Back
Top Bottom